• Xbox One

• PS4

• Xbox 360

• PS3

• PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I've always just switched to my xbox come tournament time for the stream, now I wont have to unless it's xbl hosted tourney which are few and far between.
love the doc holiday avatar pic:)

val kilmer right?

one of my favorite parts of Tombstone

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You can't go wrong with either, just pick one depending on which exclusives you like more, I like the PlayStation exclusives more personally since they have more personality IMO but I do like the xbone exclusives and I will eventually get one

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Are you looking for a console just to play MKX? Or are you looking for a console to game on across the board. Depending on your answer, you could go either way, really you could go either way regardless.

For MKX, the PS4 is the offline tournament standard, but right now the online ESL tournaments will only be on Xbox One (no word if there will be a PS4 ESL tournament coming for Season 2). So depending on if you are trying to get into the offline scene, or wanting to play in the online ESL scene, you can go either way. If you don't care about tournaments, either system should meet your needs.

If you are looking for a console just to game on in general, that is different thing, and far more subjective if you ask me.

Both consoles have their ups and downs. The biggest things I see are that the PS4 generally has higher res games as PS4 is the leading dev platform and generally the stronger console (graphics chip wise), but Xbox One has the better backend software with the Cloud, backwards compatibility, and the frequent updates for stability and more features/services.

So yeah, it depends on what you want. This holiday the Xbox will have the edge in games as it will get all the 3rd party stuff that PS4 is getting, plus MS's own exclusives. To contrast with the PS4, this holiday for Sony is sparse as the only AAA exclusive coming out is Uncharted 4 early next year (iirc). If you want to play good new games this holiday, plus you like MS's staple franchises and games that have already been released, get the Xbox One. If you like Sony's franchises, the games that have already been release, and can wait until later next year for the other big games to drop, then get a PS4.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Honestly, just pick the one where either you have the most friends are on or what exclusives most interest you.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
How does one break 3 PS4 controllers??? lol
Easy...Just play I wanna be the boshy...Play it using your ps4 controller....Play until you get frustrated....Then proceed to toss your controller through a tv or wall whichever is furthest away from you lol

Reactions: jmt

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
PCs are superior, but cost a lot of money for one of quality and they require maintenance, so it's no surprise it's not an immediate option to a gaming consumer.
Just buy what makes you happy. More games are coming out that are not console exclusive, so there's gradually less to worry about.
If it's of influence, the PS4 menus seem infinitely easier to manage than the X1's.

MadeOfMetal

How does one break 3 PS4 controllers??? lol
because the first line of day one controllers are made out of a cheap Chinese plastic, i could refer you to Sony forums where 100,000's of costomers are experiencing the same thing on the day one versions, but i would rather not derail this thread.

but once again xb1 controllers are fine.

i remember the ps3 controllers where near indestructable, kids could throw those into the wall and still held on strong.
try that with PS4 controllers, bet you dont get the same result, my issue was just pressing the trigger down hard and all the way, the action is to large, held together by a cheap plastic hinge/trigger, and the spring is weak and only on one side.
this means if you replace the hinge with metal, it will eat through the rails that are made out of the same plastic as hinge and so forth, so don't do it.

the whole back case will have to be cast out of metal as well... i remmeber those metal xbox mods.

Reactions: jmt

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
one thing Xbox isn't getting first is Final fantasy 7 remake. =) I have also heard that Xbox one has some freezing issues, can't say I've had that problem on PS4. Also I have had xbox, xbox 360, playsation, playsation 2, so I'm not really swayed by one system or the other, I thought the controllers would be better for this on PS4, they apparently aren't from what I've heard.

E

Eldriken

@WATCHD0G, Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. It comes out for the PS4 a year after the One version releases.

MadeOfMetal

@DarKNaTaS

PS4 has more sales than XB1 in console sales alone, since PS4 is the popular console ATM MKX should refelct the same pole ratings, so you wont actually get your answer by adding a pole.

im actually scared that others voted on 360/PS3 since Netherrealm stated they wont be supporting last gen consoles anymore. high voltage is
#!001_MicrosoftEdge_User_Default_WebNotes_Microsoft-Edge-Web-Notes-Ed-Boon-(796743250.jpg

MadeOfMetal

I will stick to my PS3 until i get a next gen console, since i want to keep up in case i get to US to compete, so i will buy a 360 version as well.
eddy didnt last gen get canceled, do you have MKX for PS3? if so does that mean it wont recieve support for updates or online?