Which Console Will You Buy MKX For?

• Xbox One

• PS4

• Xbox 360

• PS3

• PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I have both. Only reason I got the Xbone was because of KI and to play with friends that are only on that system. MKX does have it's issues like not being able to receive or send invites and occasional slowdowns. Lately I found myself spending more time on PS4 because of less issues with MKX.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Sadly games are moving away from split screen on both consoles so it comes down to what exclusives you care about more and which controller/configuration you prefer.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
MKX seems to be pretty similar on both, though I have heard of people having stuck screens and DLC disappearing in the Xbox version so idk. I have PS4 and haven't had any problems, but I am sure Xbox is good too.

Just go with whichever one you like better and has more games you are interested in playing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Even as a Halo and Gears fan I regret getting an X1. Granted, it's not like I could have peaked into the future and see that X1 would have been literally unplayable for 3 months. But with games I want to play coming out more for PS4 than the X1 I am indeed very jelly.

I want dat Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
I want dat SFV
I want dat MKX being playable
I kind of want dat FFVII Remake
I kind of want dat RE: Umbrella Corps
I kind of want dat Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Even as a Halo and Gears fan I regret getting an X1. Granted, it's not like I could have peaked into the future and see that X1 would have been literally unplayable for 3 months. But with games I want to play coming out more for PS4 than the X1 I am indeed very jelly.

I want dat SFV
I'm considering getting a PS4 just for SFV

Same here. I thought at first of just getting a PC for it, but since I also want other games on it, it'd probably be better to just get a PS4. I'm just not looking forward to paying for 2 online services. Not to mention dropping another $500 for a console.
I'm glad that xbone can get fallout 4 mods because I don't have a pc I'm not sure though if ps4 can get them.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.

I want dat SFV
Is Fighting Climax coming to PS4?

WATCHD0G

Noob
I'm not having any issues with my XBOX one....plus Halo 5 and Tomb raider are exclusives. PS4 games that i want aren't coming till next year so i got an XBONE instead.

jmt

Noob
Ps4 by far.

Fact of the matter is that it is the better console. Go look at the specs.

Then add in that it has a way better pad and it just looks better too. XB1 design is pretty bad.

And it has better exclusive titles.

There really is no comparison.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hey guys, I know there's a few other sub-forums with discussion about this game for console, but I'm curious if one is better than the other?

I haven't owned a console in years and if I ever do decide to get this game for better online play, I will wait until a komplete edition comes out.

I hear netcode is bad across all platforms, but when I played the game on a PS4 a few months back, the matches were great with no lag at all, except for one.

A friend of mine says PS4 is garbage and that XBOX One is the way to go, but it seems like a majority of players are on the PS4 and has the best version of the game.

Just looking for some feedback and the best way to go about things.
neither is better than the other one.

its all in personal preference!

what features you want!

what exclusive games you want!

MKX online:
i like you had the same thing told to me. Across the board timewarner cable/Google fiber, which ive had both have a minimum of 5 frame lag.

now location definitely has a factor in what you will experience.
i want you to know that it is completely possible for you to lag harder than your opponent. i have tested and confirmed this many times.

PS4 vs XB1 hardware/features:

XBox One:
i like the controllers, the D-pad is a little stiff compared to the PS4's DS4.
the layout is ok like windows 8 tile setting.
Online for me on my new internet in a different location in the middle of nowhere forest: 60+ frame lag on most games, most connections will be over 90% grey or un-connectable! the rest will be Red or Yellow, a few may be green like 2 out of all the rooms.

my online in bigger city with google fiber had more green connections 70% or more.

PS4:
it will have a better D-pad, but imo the controller will break at some point, definitely quicker than XB1, note one week into having brand new PS4 broke 3 controllers. now i have XB1 for controllers only and my XB1 controllers are in perfect condition. my point is: even though i could have been rough on PS4 triggers, XB1 buttons 1-4 udbf, LB,RB, RT,LT are all still working despite me mashing the shit out of the triggers and bumpers and XY/AB

Online for me on my new internet in a different location in the middle of nowhere forest: 60+ frame lag on most games, most connections will be over 90% grey or un-connectable! the rest will be Red or Yellow, a few may be green like 2 out of all the rooms.

my online in bigger city with google fiber had more green connections 70% or more.

i gave my PS4 to my brother, and im not looking back.

there are some things i think PS4 does better,
PS4 Perks:
  • Graphics slightly better.
  • DVR recorder is better, has upload to youtube. and you dont have to deal with one drive.
and some things XB1 does better,
XBox One perks:
  • trim feature on DVR recoerder and video edit function.
  • BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
you choose what you want, dont let others dictate your desicion, i like both in different ways, ive always used PS4 in the past but im enjoying my XB1 right now. and i will enjoy Backwards Compatibility

Last edited:

Capitalc

Noob
As someone who owns both, my xbox one is collecting dust besides when i want to play master chief collection.
I like ps4 controller/mainscreen/wifi everything better. Buttttt...ps4 doesnt have a twitch app??
Playstation uses "Live From Playstation" for twitch

Capitalc

Noob
So you can access twitch streams through that or are you saying it's their substitute?
Yes you can access twitch from there. Its on the home user interface or library section when you log into your profile, but it only broadcasts anyone streaming on PS4.