What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile Which characters screw Reptile

Kalaise

Noob
Just curious to what matchups or characters are giving other reptile mains trouble, I'll be honest and say sub zero for me because you need patience to beat him and I dont have any. also if I dont have meter to get out of the corner vs him I lose, if anyone has any suggestions to beat that please tell me lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Grandmaster is just hard for Reptile, period. Everything Sub does well counteracts Reptile hard. It's just a bunch of his toolset handling what Reptile wants to do.

I think Tanya also gives him hell. Reptile's air control is super weak, and guess where Tanya excels at?

Kalaise

Noob
Grandmaster is just hard for Reptile, period. Everything Sub does well counteracts Reptile hard. It's just a bunch of his toolset handling what Reptile wants to do.

I think Tanya also gives him hell. Reptile's air control is super weak, and guess where Tanya excels at?
LOL nice, I only fought 1 Tanya before and she just kept jumping around so I just NJP for days and I won NP. Scared to fight a good Tanya though :(

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I think Inferno Scorpion gives Reptile some trouble. Scorpion is great in the air, and can react to just about any projectile Reptile does, and his ground pokes are also really strong. To top it off he severely out damages him. But who knows I may have not have fought any amazing Reptiles just yet to give a proper judgement.

Kalaise

Noob
I think Inferno Scorpion gives Reptile some trouble. Scorpion is great in the air, and can react to just about any projectile Reptile does, and his ground pokes are also really strong. To top it off he severely out damages him. But who knows I may have not have fought any amazing Reptiles just yet to give a proper judgement.
Wanna play me on xbox? :)

Mysha

Noob
For me jax...can't get out of the corner. His pressure is too much...can't poke out...hits me out my armour. And if he blocks it on read I'm fully punished.

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
I've found that, my personal Reptile, struggles against most of the casts that even remotely has a degree of air-superiority, so Shinnok, Ermac, etc. Grand master Sub is a pain, but after you've shown them that there Clone means nothing with ex slide, they're abit more reluctant to sit back and wait

Kalaise

Noob
I've found that, my personal Reptile, struggles against most of the casts that even remotely has a degree of air-superiority, so Shinnok, Ermac, etc. Grand master Sub is a pain, but after you've shown them that there Clone means nothing with ex slide, they're abit more reluctant to sit back and wait
Unfortunately I can't ex slide as much as he can clone, and if you tell me to not let him do that then lol

I miss the old days when 0 on block pressure meant nothing for 6 frame dash greatness.

Anyway, Outlaw Erron Black and grandmaster sub seem to have my number in this game, but Idk if that is even a reptile problem more than universal.

Kalaise

Noob
I miss the old days when 0 on block pressure meant nothing for 6 frame dash greatness.

Anyway, Outlaw Erron Black and grandmaster sub seem to have my number in this game, but Idk if that is even a reptile problem more than universal.
I miss the old days of UMK3 when I would bring my Sega Genesis to my friends houses and whoop them with nightwolf and reptile for moneys

Israel

Noob
Yea sub is a very big problem. Heck, even in mk9 the mu was 5-5 played AT BEST.

Now sub is more powerful, its like im a sitting duck just waiting to die.

I also would like to say Johnny cage gives problem, a list. And Takeda.
With JC, he can just walk back zone me with the one projectile...forcing me to come in, and once i come in, just start his offense. Im always playing his game, cant win trade offs with him.

Takeda, sheesh. Controls spacing far too well. His offense is amazing upclose, and very small holes you try and get out off. Did i mention he controls the spacing very well? Plus he can do jump kicks into tele, like scorpion. When you get in his face, you have to stay there. And he controls all the space.

I believe, any char in the game that has a projectile, that flys at regular speed, screws reptile. forces you to come in, you can rarley control space

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Hey bro, Kalaise. Sorry I never caught up with you I spent a few days out at my sister's with my family. Tomorrow I'll be on PLENTY and I'm sure we can get some matches in. Bet we'll both learn plenty:D I did however get to play 2 sets of KOTH, for a combined 46-3 one day while I was there.

All 3 losses to Lui Kangs. I can't beat his zoning and when he pins me in a corner his combos break all my armor and interupt any punishes I try to do:(

Sub Zeros can give me alot of trouble. Can. Depends on how that person plays sub. I find the best way to fight sub is to bait his slide, block and punish. That can be hard online but it's what's necessary to win a one sided matchup.

Scorpions. The problem with scorpions is that blocking his specials gives him too much range and makes punishing difficult. My advice is to poke the ever loving crap out of the ninja. Every second you get touch him. Keep the melee pressure. He can tele out of any other pressure.

Tanya is a 9-1. If I believed in 10-0 this is it. You know what you do against her? You pray they can't play her. If their background or emblem shows Tanya. Choose your secondary or tertiary cause your main is beat before FIGHT.

Kalaise

Noob
Hey bro, Kalaise. Sorry I never caught up with you I spent a few days out at my sister's with my family. Tomorrow I'll be on PLENTY and I'm sure we can get some matches in. Bet we'll both learn plenty:D I did however get to play 2 sets of KOTH, for a combined 46-3 one day while I was there.

All 3 losses to Lui Kangs. I can't beat his zoning and when he pins me in a corner his combos break all my armor and interupt any punishes I try to do:(

Sub Zeros can give me alot of trouble. Can. Depends on how that person plays sub. I find the best way to fight sub is to bait his slide, block and punish. That can be hard online but it's what's necessary to win a one sided matchup.

Scorpions. The problem with scorpions is that blocking his specials gives him too much range and makes punishing difficult. My advice is to poke the ever loving crap out of the ninja. Every second you get touch him. Keep the melee pressure. He can tele out of any other pressure.

Tanya is a 9-1. If I believed in 10-0 this is it. You know what you do against her? You pray they can't play her. If their background or emblem shows Tanya. Choose your secondary or tertiary cause your main is beat before FIGHT.
Well said brother! I have decent trouble on lui kang. It's hard to find an opening to armor because his attacks hit so fast. Never fought enough scorpions to pass judgement and I'm starting to think Shinnok fucks me a little too

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Reptile Kotal Kahn
10, 1, 11 (uppercut) 7, 5, 38
9, 2, 13, (down 3) 7,3,16
9,2,13 (down 1) 6,2,14
12,2,16 (down 4) 6,2,26

So I just fought the first Kotal that has ever spammed me out. He did so with pokes and uppercuts.
Why is everyone of Kotal... a giant behemoth of a man's pokes/uppercut faster than Reptile's who is supposedly so fast as a thin and small reptile that it's like his opponent is moving at half speed (basilisk)

Kotal isn't considered overpowered but he has more special moves, more significant variations, much higher damage. More mixups. Easier brutalities (better brutalities)
AA, A 17% damage projectile (11% if you use the regular one) and Reptile is considered fine. I'm getting fed up with matchups that are so one sided I have to use my secondary >.<

Xev

Noob
I dunno, I feel he can fight Kotal pretty good. I've had to fight armies of them offline, it helps that Reptile can punish that f2 of his. His jump in 1 is something I really hate of his though, if I don't have meter to armor through it I pretty much have to hold that.

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
The match up is tough, but it's no way that excessive man. Sure she dominates the air, but you have different speed forceballs to catch her when she's falling, and if you think she's going to teleport close, njp her yellow ass and kick her out man.

Kalaise

Noob
The match up is tough, but it's no way that excessive man. Sure she dominates the air, but you have different speed forceballs to catch her when she's falling, and if you think she's going to teleport close, njp her yellow ass and kick her out man.
Teleport is invincible and any good Tanya will armor it so she punishes your njp. Forceballs to stop her are such a bad idea. You're a sitting duck when you forceball and she's so fast you'll regret it. I agree with syz

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Depends on what type of tanya... Reptile seems to do alright vs the runaway fireball zoning Tanyas. She can't run away b/c of elbow dash. Sure you'll eat a few fireballs, but you can catch her.

Haven't played a good kobu whatever Tanya though.

Kalaise

Noob
Depends on what type of tanya... Reptile seems to do alright vs the runaway fireball zoning Tanyas. She can't run away b/c of elbow dash. Sure you'll eat a few fireballs, but you can catch her.

Haven't played a good kobu whatever Tanya though.
You'll soon find tanya counters everthing reptile has. Wait til Tanya players get better

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You'll soon find tanya counters everthing reptile has. Wait til Tanya players get better
Idk, I don't think it'll be 9-1 bad. Maybe 7-3, maybe. But I have no experience vs her in your face variations. Only the fireball one.

I think fireball tanya is probably 6-4 or 5-5. Tanya favor

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Jax is a problem. Trying to check him from locking you down in the pressure strings is so tough. Your goal becomes stopping him from getting too close which is very difficult. Not sure how our stubby, slow normals are supposed to compete.