What's new

Which Character's move seems most unlike them?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What do you mean? the superkick, the teleport, waterball, squirt move and the move where he jumps up(wake up attack all involve water
Exactly... they all involve just water. Basically manipulation of water is his ability. Lightning isn't manipulation of water.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well rain is probably not about water but about weather conditions.
That's the thing though... aside from the lightning bolt, he doesn't use cold, or wind, or any other weather conditions besides water.

If he can control rain/thunderstorms then he should also have high speed wind moves. Then lightning would make sense.

but alas, I'm not gonna convince any of you guys. It was just my answer to the OP's question.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What? They're grenades, not bombs and he's S.W.A.T./Riot squad.

SWAT uses various types of grenades in their weaponry arsenal, they fit him perfectly.
While @Juggs post was stating false information... it was fucking hilarious to read! Stryker throwing shit like a deranged terrorist! lololol

Espio

Kokomo
No, these are very clearly bombs:

And his fatality is a bomb too.
His fatality =/= his special moves so I dunno what that has to do with what he chucks, we're not discussing his fatality.

Also, what they're officially called is grenades, they are not bombs in name nor what they are intended to be, it's just completely untrue and inaccurate to call them that. What we "think" they are or appear to be is kind of irrelevant. They're grenades.

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/stryker/

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
His fatality =/= his special moves so I dunno what that has to do with what he chucks, we're not discussing his fatality.

Also, what they're officially called is grenades, they are not bombs in name nor what they are intended to be, it's just completely untrue and inaccurate to call them that. What we "think" they are or appear to be is kind of irrelevant. They're grenades.

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/stryker/
A link to a fan made site proves nothing. They are clearly bombs.

Bomb:
upload_2015-3-16_12-31-38.jpeg

Grenade:
upload_2015-3-16_12-32-38.jpeg

That's the thing though... aside from the lightning bolt, he doesn't use cold, or wind, or any other weather conditions besides water.

If he can control rain/thunderstorms then he should also have high speed wind moves. Then lightning would make sense.

but alas, I'm not gonna convince any of you guys. It was just my answer to the OP's question.
everytime he uses a lighting bolt a little thunder cloud pops up so there you have it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Clouds are made of water, guys. You can see in Rain's MK9 animations that he's creating a big storm cloud in his hands or in the sky above his opponent and the lightning comes from the cloud.
It may come from a cloud he created... but it's still electricity (ie not water) and therefor, he should not be able to control it. The strikes should be random, not directly at the opponent.

Sonya's Square Wave Punch. I'd love an explanation on how she's able to do that, considering she's just a soldier.

Jax's Sonic Wave/projectile. I can buy it when he has the cybernetics, but MK2 Jax doing that always seemed weird to me.

Jarek's eye laser. I understand he was a literal Kano replacement but how is he able to shoot Kano's eye lasers?

Kabal's gas blast and saw toss. Everyone covered his gas blast, but I don't understand his saw toss either. The animation makes it seem as if he's throwing them onto the ground near him, but they come from the opposite side of the screen, behind him. It makes it seem as if he can just summon these ground saws at will.

Havik's slide. This move reminds me of Hakan's Oil Slide, and Hakan is the silliest character ever. All of his moves besides this consist of contorting his body in strange ways.

SLy

Noob
Still til this day I don't understand How a regular human like Jhonny Cage acquired green Fireballs.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Styker throwing bombs in older MK's. He's supposed to be a police officer, why is he going around throwing bombs like a deranged terrorist?
Doesn't the police SWAT team have stun/concussion grenades?

I mean, it'd be weirder if he was throwing sticks of dynamite or something, hehe

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Doesn't the police SWAT team have stun/concussion grenades?

I mean, it'd be weirder if he was throwing sticks of dynamite or something, hehe
Yeah but do they throw actual grenades? What would a swat team need with actual grenades anyway? So even IF it is a grenade, it still doesn't make sense to me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah but do they throw actual grenades? What would a swat team need with actual grenades anyway? So even IF it is a grenade, it still doesn't make sense to me.
I mean, they throw concussion grenades, that explode and knock people out, or something like the ball version I posted.

I'm sure he grabbed them from the back of the supply room somewhere :p