What's new

Which characters have won a major?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Tom Brady won powerup with Johnny Cage and Noob Saibot. He didn't use Sub in grand finals but sub got him to grand finals. And of course the usual Reptile, Kung Lao, and Kabal. What tourny did a Cyrax player win?
Super vs Battle

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When will you people start agreeing with me it isnt the character as much it is the player?

STOP NERFING THE GAME AND BUFF THE PLAYERS

JrK

Probably Drunk
People need to better understand how tier lists work.

and need to recognize its not the characters, ITS THE PLAYERS!!!
Didn't reo not play mileena because of it though (napalm said in the other thread he will play KL until NRS makes a fair fighter for him to use)? I didn't watch the stream, but do you feel he would have gone the same record should he have not played KL? (Honestly asking because I didn't get to watch.)

Saint

Mortal
Didn't reo not play mileena because of it though (napalm said in the other thread he will play KL until NRS makes a fair fighter for him to use)? I didn't watch the stream, but do you feel he would have gone the same record should he have not played KL? (Honestly asking because I didn't get to watch.)
As for not playing mileena I think it was cause people claimed he was cheap for using d4, he went on a rant and switched to KL. There is a thread somewhere about it.

Also, KL surely is a well rounded character but he has never been seen in such a dominant fashion I don't think.

Even though Reptile only won one and Kung Lao won 3 there's probably been more Reptile's in top 8 than KL's. It has to be close.

Kitana is a good bet. She's made top 8 at the last 4.
You're biased, but I agree. Kitana is an under-rated character. Those who say that characters do not matter are simply saying so to go against the tide.​

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
KL winning 2 majors is the majority? Nationals and Evo?

There has not been a single dominating char in tournament play yet. Just look at the tourney results.
Exactly my point man lol. I mean if you take the total of tournaments so far, KL I'm pretty certain has won most of them more so then other characters....

PDP-Justin Wong(KL)

Evo-Perfect Legend(KL)

Others like Mike with Kabal in ECT, and Power Up where Tom won with Cage and I forget which where Chris won with Reptile(the name of it).

Now recently, REO won with KL I believe at that MLG event Raleigh, correct?

Summer Jam- I understand KL wasn't used that much anyway, but CDjr. has a stellar Rain so good for him honestly. :)

I disagree. Why do you think there was only 1 Kung Lao in the top 8 of Evo? Right now, I only see Perfect Legend as the only Lao player who could win or place at a tournament (and maybe Classy Sasquatch if he puts some more work in).
And yet he dominated everyone with KL and did very well....uh, you do know who REO Is right? lol He could have used KL at Evo but didn't...he chose Mileena, and said he will use KL post that time and did and won the MLG gig...

I don't deny that a lot of these guys have good talent, but I also don't deny that KL makes it easier...that's all I'm saying.

@ Raiman, I agree I'm surprised myself Raiden isn't used more. I'm maining him atm, I want to make a mark with him and Ermac in the future at some point small or big, don't care, I just want to go far and these vids are very inspiring. Getting tired of the online nonsense....and place called Guard Crush I think in BK, my friend OH Bryan told me... Looks like a lot of fun. :)