What's new

Discussion Which characters have the best corner game?

Who has the best corner game?

• Alien - Acidic

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Alien - Tarkatan

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Alien - Konjurer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason - Unstoppable

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Jason - Slasher

• Kung Lao - Tempest

• Sonya - Demolition

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Sonya - Special Forces

• Sub Zero - Grandmaster

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • Mileena - Piercing

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Cassie - Spec Ops

• Bo'Rai Cho - Dragon Breath

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Predator - Hish Qu Ten

• Predator - Hunter

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Kano - Cutthroat

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Johnny - Stunt Double

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • D'Vorah - Swarm Queen

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Quan Chi - Summoner

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Quan Chi - Sorcerer

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Tremor - Aftershock

• Tremor - Crytalline

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Triborg - Cyber Sub Zero

• Triborg - Cyrax

• Triborg - Smoke

• Jax - Pumped Up

• Jax - Heavy Weapons

• Jax - Wrestler

• Jacqui - Shotgun

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Jacqui - Full Auto

• Total voters

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
In you're opinion who has the best corner game? You have 3 votes.

I've included all the characters I deemed to have a particularly good corner game, generally something that involves more than a simple mixup or something that can't be done to near equal effect mid screen. If theres any I missed (which there wil be), I'll add them or a mod can add them :)

I voted Sorcerer, Special Forces and Grandmaster. Sorcerer and Special Forces being my mains. No shame. :DOGE

Sorcerer - The armour spell. You can do b2/b34~ex skull for a +16 50/50. If it's blocked, doesn't matter if the poke or armour out. If it hits leads into a ~36% vortex. Also the chip spell is there, though I rarely find myself in the situation with enough meter for it to be worth it.

Special Forces - The homing missile forces you to respect her. Armour breaking, + on block 50/50 with ~36% damage. Confirmable on block into, +34 low, homing missile, of +3 overhead. Whatever you feel like.

Grandmaster - Ice Clone. 'nuff said.

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I'd say Stunt Double, Cutthroat and Demolition.

Oh, and there's also Grandmaster, how could I forget him. lol

E

Eldriken

I picked Tarkatan, Unstoppable and Grandmaster. As I went through the list, those three stood out the most to me.

I know why Grandmaster stands out and that's because I hate being in the corner against this god damn variation. Hell, I hate the MU period as Kotal.

Unstoppable stood out because I think of the possibilities when he has Punishment active and you're stuck in the corner.

Tarkatan stood out because it's Alien. What else needs to be said? I considered picking Acidic, but decided to stick to Tarkatan instead.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Cutthroat Kano will straight up murder you in the corner without any problems whatsoever.

"Oh, you blocked my Overhead? Let me do the whole input and make it plus by spending meter, making you guess again. Oh, you blocked my low too? No problem, I had another meter and I just EX Powered Up to give myself more plus frames. I just tagged you with the low and you lost 33%-40% HP and now you're in a guessing situation again."

I can go on and on about the efficient corner tools of this character.

Dualist is def top 5 corner game.
Orbs create
Unblockables,
Armor breaking setups into 40%
Heavy frame traps
Safe OH
Anti jump setups.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
what heavy frame traps? ill admit i don't know much about dualist, but no one uses it anyways really.

Btw im surprised no one mentioned bo rai cho, sure he has trouble getting you to the corner, but his crop duster is like ice clone on crack, it doesnt go away on block, or hit even i think.

Johnny Cage Stunt Double - The sheer presence of those HTB Up Shadow clones (hopefully, I'm getting it right,) in the corner, for me at least is dangerous. I've never found a way of getting out of it and just patiently wait my turn by blocking it as good as I can.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Cutthroat Kano will straight up murder you in the corner without any problems whatsoever.

"Oh, you blocked my Overhead? Let me do the whole input and make it plus by spending meter, making you guess again. Oh, you blocked my low too? No problem, I had another meter and I just EX Powered Up to give myself more plus frames. I just tagged you with the low and you lost 33%-40% HP and now you're in a guessing situation again."

I can go on and on about the efficient corner tools of this character.
33% off of an EX buff combo? HAH.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I made a list a while back of top corner games IMO.

Acidic Alien
Hunter/Hish Qu Ten Predator
Wrestler Jax
Cutthroat Kano
A-List/Stunt Double Johnny Cage
Unstoppable/Slasher Jason
Demolition Sonya
Grandmaster Sub Zero
Ruthless Ferra/Torr
Swarm Queen/Brood Mother D'vorah
Spec Ops Cassie Cage
Shotgun Jacqui
Thunder God Raiden
Sorcerer/Summoner Quan Chi
Dragon Fangs Goro
Crystalline Tremor
Dragon Breath Bo Rai Cho

I think if unstoppable's command grabs all kept you in the corner instead of throwing you out, he'd have the best corner game in mkx.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Cutthroat Kano, Demo Sonya and Gm Sub.

Honorable mention to Stunt Double Cage in the current state of the game, but I'm pretty sure his htb is going to be removed, and without it he is far from having a super good corner game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cutthroat Kano, Demo Sonya and Gm Sub.

Honorable mention to Stunt Double Cage in the current state of the game, but I'm pretty sure his htb is going to be removed, and without it he is far from having a super good corner game.
He has it so who cares about what ifs. It's a jailing pseudo unblockable off of a long range mid.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
No DM or Barts?

I wanna say GM, Dragons Breath and Crystalline but so many chars are sick in the corner.

9_Lives

Noob
Alien's restand/dot shenanigans, Sonya's grenade setups, Sub Zero's clones. They all stand out to me as the best, but there are lots of characters with good stuff.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
He has it so who cares about what ifs. It's a jailing pseudo unblockable off of a long range mid.
Well, I put him as special mention because his great corner game relies on a mechanic that shouldn't be in the game (it's probably the cheapest htb now) and I will be surprised if it's not removed immediately in the next patch.

Takeda will keep his htbs intact for sure xD