What's new

Where would you live in the DCU?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
DC Comics is quite well-known for it's fictional cities, it's certainly a better alternative than having every bloody superhero living in New York (I'm looking at you Marvel!).

Anyways, the question is if you lived in the DC Universe where would you live? However, first of all, some rules/guidelines:
  • It has to be fictional, so no picking Chicago/New York or whatever.
  • Maybe pick two options: one terrestrial city like Gotham orMetropolis and one crazy city like Oa or Atlantis.
  • Also, what would your profession be if you lived there?
If you need some help figuring out who or what is in each city, this will help.

My choices:
  • Star City, working as a tech designer at Queen Industries.
  • Themyscira... as some sort of pleasure slave who inexplicably has not been harmed/neutered :D (however failing that as a possibility Atlantis, deep sea exploration/archeologist/historian.)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Definitely not Gotham. No killer clowns for me. No Metropolis either. Don't like aliens. So Star City for sure. Occupation, Green Arrow's new sidekick.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Not a place called bludhaven I can tell you that much... but if I had to pick I would go with keyston or maybe star city

cyke_out

Noob
Star city has it's fair share of crazy shit. And it's ghetto area's got so bad the city completely sealed it off with a huge brick wall turning it into a no man's land. Plus there was that one time a wizard created a giant forcefield blocking the city from the outside like the simpson's movie, but only it had demons over-throwing the city. And don't forget Prometheus fucking the whole city up.

But still, it's much safer than Gotham.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Star city has it's fair share of crazy shit. And it's ghetto area's got so bad the city completely sealed it off with a huge brick wall turning it into a no man's land. Plus there was that one time a wizard created a giant forcefield blocking the city from the outside like the simpson's movie, but only it had demons over-throwing the city. And don't forget Prometheus fucking the whole city up.

But still, it's much safer than Gotham.
To be honest Id rather live in Gotham then in metropolis, Superman attracts planet destroyers, atleast in gotham Im more likely to get mugged by a gang then being blown up by fucking braniac lol

It's Central City for me. the flash is a godlike hero :p. most of the villains don't destroy a lot of stuff. maybe i would be... a cop maybe. and Atlantis, being a royal guard.

cyke_out

Noob
It's Central City for me. the flash is a godlike hero :p. most of the villains don't destroy a lot of stuff. maybe i would be... a cop maybe. and Atlantis, being a royal guard.
Central City is a good place, nothing too bad goes down there as far as I know. At least compared to other places.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Gotham seems too evil and grimey.

But there is a high chance Batman will turn me into a supervaillain based on some gimmick.

Think I'll play it safe and go with Metropolis.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Star City easy...

Gotham is a drug infested ish hole and Metropolis is constantly ravaged by inter-dimentional sub-meta-humanoids who want to destroy/rule the world/galaxy.

Indigo tribe seems safe right?

Albeit, Batman is my favorite superhero.

Gotham seems too evil and grimey.

But there is a high chance Batman will turn me into a supervaillain based on some gimmick.

Think I'll play it safe and go with Metropolis.
safe? good luck keeping any property of yours intact in that city :).

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Gotham. It wouldn't be smart, of course, but I'm insane. So it's actually the sanest decision!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Gotham fits my taste, its dark and creepy. Not to mention I can do my hardest to convince Harley Joker isn't right for her, I am:) Likely she wouldn't even respond, man's gotta try, whats the worst she would do shoot me in the face.