What's new

Where are all the women at?

gam224

The world's least hype player
Um.......................
...no.
Um... yes one of the affects of testosterone is violence, men commit more violent crimes than women and video games that don't feature violence happen to have much larger female fan-bases. A good example is portal.

Partially because threads like this, tbh. Most of the fighting game community is extremely thirsty and they get so hyped over seeing a female... I've see quite a few of these threads and there useless.

Just watch a video of any fighting game of a woman playing on youtube and you'll see 90% of comments is that it's a female. It's crazy the whole topic of conversation is that it's a female playing.

Just sharing my opinion,. It's crazy how of alot people in this community act when they see a female.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Um... yes one of the affects of testosterone is violence, men commit more violent crimes than women and video games that don't feature violence happen to have much larger female fan-bases. A good example is portal.
You'd think it'd have more to do with WHICH version of violence is reported, don't you think? Maybe when society starts giving 2 fucks about the emotions of men, we'll know the truth.

Partially because threads like this, tbh. Most of the fighting game community is extremely thirsty and they get so hyped over seeing a female... I've see quite a few of these threads and there useless.

Just watch a video of any fighting game of a woman playing on youtube and you'll see 90% of comments is that it's a female. It's crazy the whole topic of conversation is that it's a female playing.

Just sharing my opinion,. It's crazy how of alot people in this community act when they see a female.
I've never been one of these guys who are fascinated with a female like this. I guess because I've never had problems with talking to women. But can anyone comment on why men act this way? Is it simply because they aren't use to female interaction?

You'd think it'd have more to do with WHICH version of violence is reported, don't you think? Maybe when society starts giving 2 fucks about the emotions of men, we'll know the truth.
I definitely agree that society needs to start caring about the abuse that men suffer, but I was simply agreeing with him because 90% of murderers are men. They are also the ones who have historically been dictators and what not. But women can be really abusive too. I'm not saying they can't be.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

I've never been one of these guys who are fascinated with a female like this. I guess because I've never had problems with talking to women. But can anyone comment on why men act this way? Is it simply because they aren't use to female interaction?
Let's not act like that's some special FGC case. It's the internet we're talking about. Did no one hear about when that black guy won a hearthstone tournament and twitch chat went usual twitch chat. Not that any of that is good but it's not some crazy phenomenon. It's what happens when people are giving anonymity and no repercussions. Some of the trolls can be and I'm positive are women.

It's just that their the minority being shown. It happen with anything. Being the odd or unique person in the group causes that person to gain more attention.

Let's not act like that's some special FGC case. It's the internet we're talking about. Did no one hear about when that black guy won a hearthstone tournament and twitch chat went usual twitch chat. Not that any of that is good but it's not some crazy phenomenon. It's what happens when people are giving anonymity and no repercussions. Some of the trolls can be and I'm positive are women.

It's just that their the minority being shown. It happen with anything. Being the odd or unique person in the group causes that person to gain more attention.
You're right my bad shouldn't of grouped that into fgc. It's gaming community in general.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
For the life of me can't find the article, but essentially they did a survey and found out that female gamers find team-based competitive video games more enjoyable than 1v1 competitive video games.
men are the same tho, which is why teambased games are mpre popular in general

men are the same tho, which is why teambased games are mpre popular in general
Well those people can speak for themselves :p . I hate team based stuff. If I lose, I want it to be my fault so I can fix it. I don't like the idea of my win being in someone else's hands.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You're right my bad shouldn't of grouped that into fgc. It's gaming community in general.
Even then I wouldn't say that's fair. I think it's just an internet thing. I seen a thing where I guess it became popular to say a woman needed to be a specific weight on twitter. This was done by both males and females. Now that situation is different but I'm sure more ugly things would come out if people could remain anonymous on twitter.

I think there's just an emphasis on the gaming community because it's one of the first to really latch on to the internet.

gam224

It doesn't have anything to do with society not letting men show their emotions (which I agree is a problem) but it's pure evolution. for thousands of years men have been doing more militaristic jobs and women have been doing more domestic ones. It's engrained in our DNA for the most part that isn't to say there aren't exceptions.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Have you seen an MKX twitch chat when a girl appears on screen? Armageddon lol.

Unless it's someone known well like regular streamers or girlfriends who are close with the scene. If new women do decide to join the FGC, it's going to be a rough start sadly.

I swear gaming evolved in a lot of ways and is straight medieval in others.

Have you seen an MKX twitch chat when a girl appears on screen? Armageddon lol.

Unless it's someone known well like regular streamers or girlfriends who are close with the scene. If new women do decide to join the FGC, it's going to be a rough start sadly.

I swear gaming evolved in a lot of ways and is straight medieval in others.
It's not going to change until we take a step to change it. And when I say us, I mean us gamers. Not Anita Sarkeesian, or some feminist nut job. But us sane people have to make it unacceptable to behave like those people who are blatantly sexist toward women. We have to ridicule them, make them embarrassed for acting that way.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
It doesn't have anything to do with society not letting men show their emotions (which I agree is a problem) but it's pure evolution. for thousands of years men have been doing more militaristic jobs and women have been doing more domestic ones. It's engrained in our DNA for the most part that isn't to say there aren't exceptions.
Lmoa no, there are most likely TRADITIONAL societies where women are/were breadwinners and men played the domestic role.
The patriarchy is not 'engrained' in our DNA, it's a pure social construct, women in modern industrial societies are becoming more and more socially mobile.

gam224

Lmoa no, there are most likely TRADITIONAL societies where women are/were breadwinners and men played the domestic role.
The patriarchy is not 'engrained' in our DNA, it's a pure social construct, women in modern industrial societies are becoming more and more socially mobile.
Are you seriously going to start with "the patriarchy" come on we are in the 21st century. The middle east is the only place on earth with a real patriarchy still.

He's actually right on this. This fact unfortunately causes a lot of violent acts against men from women to be ignored. But they do happen, even though men are more violent. This is just a fact by the way. Let's not have a debate on this.
I read a study that said that when spouses kill each other, women tend to use poison and men tend to be more physical.