What's new

When this game comes out don't overreact. Hit the lab, work your way around.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
if they dont make them blockable they should at least make the window to backdash them a lot larger, it was damn near impossible in the first game, and they shouldnt OTG

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Never ever going to happen. I'm totally for this and approve the message, but again, never going to happen. The NRS community has first hand experienced that complaining actually produces results. And not only is it the more and louder you complain, and the more people complaining produces actual change, the more you do it the quicker those changes come. This isn't a person or anyone's fault. NRS is trying to service the community. They see what's being complained about the most, examine it, and end up changing it. And the people who complain can't really be at fault either. Some have said "it's like crying about it raining, not gonna change the fact that it's raining", which we have solid evidence that is simply not the case. It sounds like I'm promoting complaining but I'm just being honest and realistic. The entire model of NRS and our community would have to dramatically change and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

@Nerobianco

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I think the big difference between arcade days and now is that social media provides instant feedback. Arcade days had to rely on long play tests and word of mouth. Feedback was much slower in those days and it allowed more growth between revisions of games.
True. Look at the vanilla verison of mk3. Sub was godlike till the umk revision came out and midway killed the clone heh.

But yeah ure right i just wish people will let shit rock and give time for people to find out how to deal with shit. I am not saying let real broken shit stay but look at capcom. They havent done any nerfs yet for sfv if i recall correctly. Justbsaying let shit rock a bit then fix it if its really broken

One thing...MK players need to learn to adapt to itneractibles, and stop crying about them as being broken.

The people that actually like and play Injustice regularly have no problem with them (well some do, but most just want them to be balanced).

They are not broken. They work as intended. They elevate footsies and spacing, and are a large part of what makes the game fun and innovative.

Learn to adapt. This is a fighting game. Fighting game players are meant to adapt. So, learn the game, learn the time of interactions, learn how to evade them (you can't block but you can read and dash/jump/duck whatever).

Don't rage or blame them for your loss. They are a key part of the game. Learn and adapt, or stick with MKX and stop bitching about them.
Unblock able interactables that do 20% and otg are dumb as hell. That has nothing to with leveling up.

The NRS community always overreacts. Its just the way it is.

And why is everyone talking about Injustice like its coming out next week? We probably wont see(play) it until a year from now.

trufenix

bye felicia
The good news is online won't have an entirely different tier list this time, so there will be a concerted whining effort and not several factions warring against each other.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
One thing...MK players need to learn to adapt to itneractibles, and stop crying about them as being broken.

The people that actually like and play Injustice regularly have no problem with them (well some do, but most just want them to be balanced).

They are not broken. They work as intended. They elevate footsies and spacing, and are a large part of what makes the game fun and innovative.

Learn to adapt. This is a fighting game. Fighting game players are meant to adapt. So, learn the game, learn the time of interactions, learn how to evade them (you can't block but you can read and dash/jump/duck whatever).

Don't rage or blame them for your loss. They are a key part of the game. Learn and adapt, or stick with MKX and stop bitching about them.
Am I gonna have to deal with your nonsensical posts in every Injustice thread? Just warn me now so I can just avoid them.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
We all know how it ends. Maybe this time, it's the one time that community will let the game mature for a while before stating judgement? Don't overreact, don't cry for instant nerfs. Hit the lab, find the tech and share it. If something will seem overpowered try to find your way around it. I know that all is in Paulo's hands and his vision but still... Batgirl 2.0 can't happen. Cheers!
we know that it how it should be, we should lab before nerf, exhaust every option. but come on really, do you know what community you are talking to. this is the same community that asked for nerfs a month before the release of a character?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I like where you are going with this but I'm already pre down playing my character for those sweet NRS over buffs.

Harley is bottom 3 please make her good. She was in a movie. She deserves this

Gamer68

Fujin!
Sadly, a lot of people (they are already doing it) will just say "oh, this is TYM..." and will never try to push towards being a better community. I really hope that we all TRY not to overreact this time around, versus brushing it off because "lol bro, this is tym what do you expect?!"

And as for the people who always complain, they will just ignore these types of threads.

Again, everyone won't push towards being better. They will stay the same. I hope I'm wrong though, because I would like to see a much more level-headed and positive community.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
All this talk about interactables.

As much as I love Injustice, I'll be the first to tell everyone that its retarded they are unblockable.

This is coming from someone using a character that has interactable hegemony

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
With MKX the problem was actually the other way around -- everyone writing off important observations about the meta as "jumping to conclusions", and then a year later they all get mad and make threads complaining about those very same things.

They've been in the game since Day 1, and people just didn't want to admit that they were as strong as they were.

So I think it's more important for people to just keep their eyes open and not be deluded into overlooking critical aspects of the meta and gameplay.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
These threads are always made before a games release, but it hardly changes anything. But here's to hoping! /cheers

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
We all know how it ends. Maybe this time, it's the one time that community will let the game mature for a while before stating judgement? Don't overreact, don't cry for instant nerfs. Hit the lab, find the tech and share it. If something will seem overpowered try to find your way around it. I know that all is in Paulo's hands and his vision but still... Batgirl 2.0 can't happen. Cheers!
I would love for characters to be powerful on purpose so they can have something to fear and respect. I love the strong zoning presence of the first game, but you know the casuals will complain and the nerfs will start.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Zoning in Injustice was my favorite aspect. Finally not all rushdown, but people who play NRS games hate zoning and nerf DeathStroke without adapting first. While Superman ended up being strong at the end due to Black Adams nerfs. We really need to learn to adapt before complaining!

Tweedy

Noob
People are going to be people. Egos are natural. You won't stop all of the excuses, the need to have a definite opinion, etc. It will never stop.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I want you to play as Nightwing in Arkham Asylum (two TV interactables) against GL or Superman.
Lets see you 'adapt' and evade throughout 5 matches. I gurantee you will be hit by atleast 5 TVs and im not even novice level with GL or Supes.
my PSN is VibeGrayson
I hope you dont rage either.

My beef with those interactables is that they favor power characters for the most part. Gadget characters cant throw them, they just set a bomb on them, which doesnt even track the opponent. An unblockable trackable interactable that essentially acts as an air project isn't a footsie tool. Just stop, it's a huge advantage to any power character in the game. Why do you think Superman or Zod mains love Arkham Ayslum, Watchtower or Rooftop stage? They can camp behind interactacles all throughout the game. For gadget characters, it doesn't become a fighting game anymore but yet just a mere game of Frogger.
Interactables were arguably more broken for gadget characters.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Nope this mentality is bull shit. If something is broken call it out right away. It doesn't take 3 months of labwork to realize shit like:
Vanilla superman
Mmh
Cyrax
Vanilla Tanya
Batgirl
Vanilla Quan

Is dumb/op/ or broken

myri

Time Warrior
I love how people come along and say "Hey the community is shit, people just cry for nerfs and buffs all day" and then after people say we can do better with the next game people are like "Haha nah this is TYM, that ain't gunna happen".

Like, really? You want a better community but aren't willing to put in the effort to make it better. Awesome.

Why lab something you don't want to deal with when you know nrs will get rid of it if like minded individuals complain about it loud enough?