What's new

When this game comes out don't overreact. Hit the lab, work your way around.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Vanila Spectral: if you cancel a normal into flight, you do ONE air normal (because he couldn't do air string 1234), then get punished there, or cancel that air normal into air moves (all are unsafe, the low ground slam was dead on block, not to mention everything has a gap) then eat a full combo. This stupid design discouraged players from using flight, without it Spectral is exactly variationless Ermac. Tell me how is that good
You could still cancel the Soul Ascension into specials back then, and Soul Ascension 2xxAir Blast was, and still is a true blockstring, and leaves you plus on block. I don't remember ground slam ever being worse than -1 on block either.

And I mean, if you wanna go by vanilla Spectral with no patches whatsoever, doing that same air blast in Soul Ascension gave you a whole bar of meter... Go figure.

The point isn't about any of that anyway, but rather (as the thread suggests) that most of the Ermac community convinced themselves in a few weeks (was it even that long?) that Spectral's toolset had been completely fleshed out and was at the time the absolute most useless variation out of a field of 75.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Grundy wasn't slow. His forward dash was very quick.
One part is not the sum of all. Look at the start-up of every attack Grundy has and its corresponding hit-box then compare that data with other characters attacks and you will come to the conclusion that being set back-full screen is cancer incarnate to the walking Corpse. Also his anti-airs are only good against jump-ins not jump-backs. Also when you compare online zoning to online grappling you'll find the former much easier to do at least in Injustice (not that this matters; my point still stands true offline as well).

I do agree, his Forward Dash was above average; too bad he's a huge target, blocking isn't possible during most of the dash frames, and his walkspeed is just as terrible as anyone else.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
One part is not the sum of all. Look at the start-up of every attack Grundy has and its corresponding hit-box then compare that data with other characters attacks and you will come to the conclusion that being set back-full screen is cancer incarnate to the walking Corpse. Also his anti-airs are only good against jump-ins not jump-backs. Also when you compare online zoning to online grappling you'll find the former much easier to do at least in Injustice (not that this matters; my point still stands true offline as well).

I do agree, his Forward Dash was above average; too bad he's a huge target, blocking isn't possible during most of the dash frames, and his walkspeed is just as terrible as anyone else.
I thought a sweet buff would have been if grundy had a cleaver projectile that he tossed at a 45 degree angle to deter jumping back. The character could've really used something to stop people from running away

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
And change the color of his pants! Purple pants and green blood is bullshit! He predates the Hulk by 18 years! Stop trying to rip the Hulk off just cause he's more popular! Grundy's got more character in his left ass cheek than that Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde rip-off ever will!

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I didn't think you were.

Look...all I ask is that you (and others) reserve judgement until I can make a proper post and show video examples to make my points. That's all.

Happy to eat my words and tuck my tail between my legs if I'm still absolutely, 100% wrong. And then learn from it.

It's ok to be wrong I don't think that is the issue here. I think it set people off when you kept posting "Adapt" "people need to learn how to deal with this." It kinda came off like you were above everyone else over something that was clearly broken.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well I hate to be that guy but that IS what happened.... You could always link normals into Soul Ascension attacks (but not SA-exclusive attacks into each other), it just didn't occur to anyone to see what would entail from experimenting with that for about 6 months.
Yeah, and let's ignore that he didn't have enough followups that could make this into something more than MoS with less ranged options, no vanish shenanigans and basically same stuff up close but with less reward and more execution issues.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
The game isn't even out yet and there is already overreaction everywhere. Can't wait til day 1 !!!