What's new

When do PC users can expect more info on PC version?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
im considering possibility and Im also interested in system requirements as the game comes out soon. So far you didn't made a single good post apart posting same shit all over again. You realise that being stand-alone version of it's own doesn't necessary mean good optimisation?
Yes it does, because NRS has a proven track record of putting care into versions they develop in-house. MK9 Vita runs smooth as butter. Keep name-calling all you want but having a temper tantrum isn't going to stop me from regulating your willful ignorance.

Yeah but, there's no information of getting Goro :S
http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00KWDC4FY/ref=sr_1_1_twi_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422898857&sr=8-1&keywords=mortal+kombat+x
Pre-order Mortal Kombat X and Play as Goro
Making his first appearance in more than eight years, Goro, the feral, four-armed Shokan warrior will be available day of launch as a playable combatant exclusively to those who pre-order Mortal Kombat X. Code will be delivered upon shipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

Safe to say you'll be able to get Goro if you preordered.

so i am new to the pc world and i soon will be buy a laptop for basic use like youtube and internet but i would like to be able to play mkx on it as well.

can anyone tell me what specs should i be looking for ... because i see gaming laptop going for $1000 lol i just need it for one game that comes in a cd do i really need to pay that much ?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
so i am new to the pc world and i soon will be buy a laptop for basic use like youtube and internet but i would like to be able to play mkx on it as well.

can anyone tell me what specs should i be looking for ... because i see gaming laptop going for $1000 lol i just need it for one game that comes in a cd do i really need to pay that much ?
Gaming laptops are very cost inefficient. You're going to pay a lot more to get the same power of a comparable desktop for a laptop. I'd just get a low level laptop for internet use and then try to get a pc that has room to upgrade.

and that $1000 laptop probably won't get past medium on most current pc games(which i think is being generous)

dreemernj

Ambassador
There's no way to know what specs you'll need until they are released. Dedicated team or port, you can never rule out the possibility they might screw the whole thing up.

The only info I've really seen says that the current gen is being handled by NRS and 360, PS3, PC is being handled by a different company. I never found a great source for that, it's just repeated everywhere.

I kind of hope it isn't true because if they are using assets from the PS3/360 version for PC that's just a huge waste of opportunity. But, at least, the minimum requirements would probably be REALLY low.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

From my experience you might have to, I bought a basic laptop and tried to play Injustice on it, let's just say it's $60 I won't get back.
I'm sure you can find a decent one that can run it for cheaper.
Try newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
BTW @BillStickers when Paulo said PC version is being worked on concurrently, are you sure that means it's being worked on in-house? Maybe he just means it's being ported at the same time as development and so they'll be released together.

I'll be so happy if I can be certain that NRS will handle the PC version themselves. Especially considering that Boon said at EVO last year that it's being ported by someone else.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I'm not saying that, you can want specs all you want. You are the one taking in consideration for a port that doesn't exist.
No, not realy. If you care to look at the original post, Im talking about it whether it's a port or stand-alone version.
nor ANY real, informative info about PC version/port.
Yes it does, because NRS has a proven track record of putting care into versions they develop in-house.
Lol no it doesn't. Just because NRS/HV made a decent portion previously doesn't change a thing. There's allways a possibility for a bad PC version regardless of previous games, there a shitload of examples with companies who used to make good versions/ports before becoming lazy (again, im not saying MKX will be bad for PC, but things happen). That being said you are just barking same nonsense how I or any other PC user shouldn't be concerned about anything regarding requirements etc, Just because "it's not a PORT!"

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
BTW @BillStickers when Paulo said PC version is being worked on concurrently, are you sure that means it's being worked on in-house? Maybe he just means it's being ported at the same time as development and so they'll be released together.

I'll be so happy if I can be certain that NRS will handle the PC version themselves. Especially considering that Boon said at EVO last year that it's being ported by someone else.
Wait... So now we don't know if it's actually a port or stand-alone PC version? That's exact reason why im concerned about little to none news about PC version of the game. Could someone drop a link to that arcticle/interview?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Wait... So now we don't know if it's actually a port or stand-alone PC version? That's exact reason why im concerned about little to none news about PC version of the game. Could someone drop a link to that arcticle/interview?
If you look at almost any article it'll mention that the 360, PS3 and PC versions are being developed by Showtime Studios, whoever the fuck they are. They say NRS is just doing Xbone and PS4.

But, the source of that info seems dodgy. I didn't see any press releases or anything about it. So it could be FUD.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main

Not sure what laptop you would need to handle MKX for 60fps (if you are aiming for that number ofc) but I suggest it would be better to wait until more official statements from NRS will come regarding the PC version.
When you will know the official system requirements it will be easer for you to decide what laptop to pick up.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Wtf? You're suggesting that MKX will be a port and will therefore require top-of-the-line PC specs. We've already heard from the horse's mouth that the PC version is being concurrently developed with console versions (i.e. NOT a port), which is in direct response to your concern.

Concurrently-developed = dedicated team working on optimizations/all of your other concerns.
Please do link me the source where Boon or Paulo says that MK X on PC is developed in house. Coz im calling bullshit on your statements.

Last time Boon said anything about it from what i recall he stated clearly that only X1 and PS4 version is developed in house.

On top of that NRS didn't release any game for PC in last hmm 8 years or so. Last one being MK 4 as Midway. Another thing MK9 on PC was patched quite recently AFTER MORE THEN AN YEAR of its release by HVS. That would make no sense if they didn't get MK X contract for PC. Not to mention they also did Injustice for PC.

Unless NRS / Boon or Paulo clearly say that they're handling PC version in house it's more then likely that HVS is actually doing that version of the game, which indirectly would be a port.

Raider

Noob
I only remember him saying that they are not sure who will work on the PC version, but that they wanted to work on PC version too and maybe they will. What happened after that, i don't know. But he DID SAID that they will probably work on it.

BTW. There is no need to fight... PC version will be the best, with extra settings and up to 4-5K resolution.
Plus many ppl are saying that Fatalities and X-Rays are done in 720p and only work in 30fps on both PS4 and XB1... mess!

Immortal

Blind justice....
I only remember him saying that they are not sure who will work on the PC version, but that they wanted to work on PC version too and maybe they will. What happened after that, i don't know. But he DID SAID that they will probably work on it.
In that interview he said they MAYBE gonna work on PC version. Next time he talked about it (PAX?) he said they're focusing on X1 nad PS4 version and somebody else will worry about other platforms.

Raider

Noob
But why does it matter? it doesn't to me.
MK9 PC port was amazing! Except for the MP, if they mess up MP this time... no one will buy it on PC.

I am not worried about the PC version AT ALL! I only worry about MP part of it.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Both of my local Gamestops told me you can't pre-order it for PC yet and that we can't get the Goro exclusive.

Immortal

Blind justice....
But why does it matter? it doesn't to me.
MK9 PC port was amazing! Except for the MP, if they mess up MP this time... no one will buy it on PC.

I am not worried about the PC version AT ALL! I only worry about MP part of it.
It does matter to that dude above who likes to 100X correct everybody that MK X on PC isn't a port but in reality he has no clue. Beside that, no it doesn't matter.

And MP part is like EVERYTHING, so yea lets hope it's gonna be godlike. :)

Last edited: