What's new

When do PC users can expect more info on PC version?

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So yeah... I mean the game is aprox only 2 months away from release and is open for pre-orders on consoles since it was announced.
What about us, PC players?

For example Im not sure if I need to upgrade my gtx 760 GPU to experience the game in its full gory.. I mean glory... Because there are no systems requirements released yet, nor ANY real, informative info about PC version/port.
And any ideas when can we expect for MKX to apear on Steam?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
So yeah... I mean the game is aprox only 2 months away from release and is open for pre-orders on consoles since it was announced.

For example Im not sure if I need to upgrade my gtx 760 GPU to experience the game in its full gory.. I mean glory... Because there are no systems requirements released yet, nor ANY real, informative info about PC version/port.
its already for pre order m8 its coming out the same time as steam... and as far as specs go just reference whatever gpu is in the xbone

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I too would like to know this as well some specs, I hope an upgrade isn't necessary (tbh I doubt that would be the case) otherwise I could seriously consider getting a PS4 for it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@RM AtK! It's not on Steam Store and there is no real info on PC version considering how close to release it is. The game is finished and now they only polishing it.

Recarding the specs - you realise that if it's going to be a lazy port, the requirements might be a lot higher then those consoles "specs".

Some info from NRS wouldn't hurt.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@RM AtK! It's not on Steam Store and there is no real info on PC version considering how close to release it is. The game is finished and now they only polishing it.

Recarding the specs - you realise that if it's going to be a lazy port, the requirements might be a lot higher then those consoles "specs".

Some info from NRS wouldn't hurt.
its not on steam store you're right but myself and @Mikemetroid and a few others have pre ordered it already through another party for PC (steam).

Immortal

Blind justice....

Your GPU is enough for MK X. This game runs on heavily modified Unreal Engine 3. If you have atleast an i3 paired with that GeForce you're fine. No need to worry. In reality that GTX 760 is faster then the Radeon in PS4 (something between 7850 - 7870) not to mention the one in Xbox One.

As for Steam release it's pretty reasonable to assume it's already there being tested. Just not yet made public. All signs on earth points that HVS is doing the PC port again.

Your GPU is enough for MK X. This game runs on heavily modified Unreal Engine 3. If you have atleast an i3 paired with that GeForce you're fine. No need to worry. In reality that GTX 760 is faster then the Radeon in PS4 (something between 7850 - 7870) not to mention the one in Xbox One.

As for Steam release it's pretty reasonable to assume it's already there being tested. Just not yet made public. All signs on earth points that HVS is doing the PC port again.
And they did a pretty damn good job with MK9

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Sadly it has been said multiple times that the PC, 360 & PS3 versions are being ported which worries me while NRS works on the xbone and ps4 versions. I have a good PC and 150mb/s up/down FIOS but nothing can save Injustice Online via PC (last i check at least). I fear a sloppy port but hope i am wrong. I know one thing I am also getting this for xbone or ps4 being I won't put all my trust in this PC Port sadly until more info is out. Also its kinda weird that MKX has no steam page at least as a place holder saying MKX will come out early 2015. Even Rockstar had a placeholder until recently saying the actual launch date (delayed from Later January to Later March 2015) and only then did they release the PC specs. If NRS follows a similar time table like Rockstar did (I hope not) we may have to wait a bit more. Then theres maybe more info when they announce the different versions that will have (Kollectors etc)...

Immortal

Blind justice....
Sadly it has been said multiple times that the PC, 360 & PS3 versions are being ported which worries me while NRS works on the xbone and ps4 versions. I have a good PC and 150mb/s up/down FIOS but nothing can save Injustice Online via PC (last i check at least). I fear a sloppy port but hope i am wrong. I know one thing I am also getting this for xbone or ps4 being I won't put all my trust in this PC Port sadly until more info is out. Also its kinda weird that MKX has no steam page at least as a place holder saying MKX will come out early 2015. Even Rockstar had a placeholder until recently saying the actual launch date (delayed) and only then did they release the PC specs. If NRS follows the same timeline Rockstar did (I hope not) we may have to wait a bit more.
Not gonna happen. Since last time NRS people spoke about current state of the game they - said: actually we're ahead of the schedule. Of course it's possible but seems unlikely.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Sadly it has been said multiple times that the PC, 360 & PS3 versions are being ported which worries me while NRS works on the xbone and ps4 versions. I have a good PC and 150mb/s up/down FIOS but nothing can save Injustice Online via PC (last i check at least). I fear a sloppy port but hope i am wrong. I know one thing I am also getting this for xbone or ps4 being I won't put all my trust in this PC Port sadly until more info is out. Also its kinda weird that MKX has no steam page at least as a place holder saying MKX will come out early 2015. Even Rockstar had a placeholder until recently saying the actual launch date (delayed from Later January to Later March 2015) and only then did they release the PC specs. If NRS follows a similar time table like Rockstar did (I hope not) we may have to wait a bit more. Then theres maybe more info when they announce the different versions that will have (Kollectors etc)...
It's not a port.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Immortal
my current specs are:
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

It might look like it's more than enough to handle MKX (especially if comparing my specs to ps4/x1) but it doesn't work like that all the time. It all depends on optimisation, there are many examples where Horse power PCs are struggling to run games smoothly compared to it's console versions because of lazy/bad optimisations and ports, even tho when those PCs are twice or triple times more powerful than consoles.

You said that High Voltage is possibly once again are making PC version - I guess that's good considering that they did a pretty decend job with MK9, but what Im afraid is how Boon kept saying that NRS is focusing on PS4/Xbox1 versions while PC version is left to "second-hand" developers.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You know you said this twice already, do you?
@Immortal
my current specs are:
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

It might look like it's more than enough to handle MKX (especially if comparing my specs to ps4/x1) but it doesn't work like that all the time. It all depends on optimisation, there are many examples where Horse power PCs are struggling to run games smoothly compared to it's console versions because of lazy/bad optimisations and ports, even tho when those PCs are twice or triple times more powerful than consoles.

You said that High Voltage is possibly once again are making PC version - I guess that's good considering that they did a pretty decend job with MK9, but what Im afraid is how Boon kept saying that NRS is focusing on PS4/Xbox1 versions while PC version is left to "second-hand" developers.

I keep saying it because you keep talking about how it's going to be a lazy port. Pako said himself that the PC version is being concurrently developed with next-gen, so you're just spreading FUD at this point.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I keep saying it because you keep talking about how it's going to be a lazy port. Pako said himself that the PC version is being concurrently developed with next-gen, so you're just spreading FUD at this point.
How about instead of posting bullshit comments you actually take a good read first and then think before even giving a reply. I didn't said that it's gonna be a lazy port, as said that there's allways a possibility for such thing as there are countless examples, and that it would be nice to finally get system requirements for PC users when the games is right on the corner.

Now if you don't have anything smart to say (apart "it's not A port!!" which doesn't even make any kind of argument in the first place) - please stay out of this thread.

Immortal

Blind justice....
@Immortal
my current specs are:
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

I would be very surprised if your rig wouldn't be enough to run MK X smoothly. Simple fact is that with games like MK decent optimization is everything. High req. would mean that large part of gamers with mediocre PC wouldn't be able to play it which means they wouldn't buy it. Which is a lose lose situation for WB. Also keeping in mind that graphics in MK X while nice aren't exactly spectacular by PC standards and that UE 3 is quite old engine its safe to assume you will have no problems running at rock steady 60 fps on your rig.

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I would be very surprised if your rig wouldn't be enough to run MK X smoothly. Simple fact is that with games like MK decent optimization is everything. High req. would mean that large part of gamers with mediocre PC wouldn't be able to play it which means they wouldn't buy it. Which is a lose lose situation for WB. Also keeping in mind that graphics in MK X while nice aren't exactly spectacular by PC standards and that UE 3 is quite old engine i safe to assume you will have no problems running at rock steady 60 fps on your rig.
Fair enough. Now Im just hoping that it will soon show up in Steam store.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
How about instead of posting bullshit comments you actually take a good read first and then think before even giving a reply. I didn't said that it's gonna be a lazy port, as said that there's allways a possibility for such thing as there are countless examples, and that it would be nice to finally get system requirements for PC users when the games is right on the corner.

Now if you don't have anything smart to say (apart "it's not A port!!" which doesn't even make any kind of argument in the first place) - please stay out of this thread.
Wtf? You're suggesting that MKX will be a port and will therefore require top-of-the-line PC specs. We've already heard from the horse's mouth that the PC version is being concurrently developed with console versions (i.e. NOT a port), which is in direct response to your concern.

Concurrently-developed = dedicated team working on optimizations/all of your other concerns.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Wtf? You're suggesting that MKX will be a port and will therefore require top-of-the-line PC specs.
It seems like you don't have enough brain to understand the simple fucking fact that I don't suggest IT WILL be bad port, im considering possibility and Im also interested in system requirements as the game comes out soon. So far you didn't made a single good post apart posting same shit all over again. You realise that being stand-alone version of it's own doesn't necessary mean good optimisation?

"It all depends on optimisation, there are many examples where Horse power PCs are struggling to run games smoothly compared to it's console versions because of lazy/bad optimisations and ports, even tho when those PCs are twice or triple times more powerful than consoles."

"you realise that IF it's going to be a lazy port, the requirements might be a lot higher then those consoles "specs""

It's funny how others seems to have no problem understanding some of the based concerns and gives a good discussion, but I guess there's allways going to be a dog who wants to bark just for the sake of barking.

Also:

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It seems like you don't have enough brain to understand the simple fucking fact that I don't suggest IT WILL be bad port, im considering possibility and Im also interested in system requirements as the game comes out soon. So far you didn't made a single good post apart posting same shit all over again.

"It all depends on optimisation, there are many examples where Horse power PCs are struggling to run games smoothly compared to it's console versions because of lazy/bad optimisations and ports, even tho when those PCs are twice or triple times more powerful than consoles."

"you realise that IF it's going to be a lazy port, the requirements might be a lot higher then those consoles "specs""

It's funny how others seems to have no problem understanding some of the based concerns and gives a good discussion, but I guess there's allways going to be a dog who just wants to bark just for the sake of barking.

Also:
You are considering that it is gonna be a port when in fact it is not, so there is nothing to consider. It's being developed in house along with the ps4 and x1 versions.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
You are considering that it is gonna be a port when in fact it is not, so there is nothing to consider. It's being developed in house along with the ps4 and x1 versions.
Annnnnnnd? Are you telling that I shouldn't be interested in PC requirements just because it's not a port?
You realise that being stand-alone version of it's own doesn't necessary mean good optimisation?
Should I give you examples?