What's new

Whats your favourite fighting game?

-Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero enthusiast.
What’s your favourite fighting game? My personal favourite has to be Street Fighter 6, it’s second to none in my opinion.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
This one is soooooo hard because it depends how you measure it.

I think I played MKX the most overall and MK9 the most online, so if you are using that as the yardstick, one of them. Both were awesome.

SF2 got me in to fighting games originally, and MK2 got me in to MK so they are probably the most important games to me - they are my fondest FG memories and played them both to death.

SF6 is the most complete fighting game out there (I am not a Tekken fan), and it is really fun. I was playing it constantly until MK1 came out, so it is up there as one of the best too.

Right now = sf6, nothing else comes close, nothing.
All time = I couldn't really say, I agree with the poster above that it depends on what you base it on, sf2,mk, we're the ones who got the fgc started so they have a special place for many many people. But if I can name my favorites then sf2,mk,mk2,mk3,mkx,mvc3,sfv,sf6.

-Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero enthusiast.
This one is soooooo hard because it depends how you measure it.

I think I played MKX the most overall and MK9 the most online, so if you are using that as the yardstick, one of them. Both were awesome.

SF2 got me in to fighting games originally, and MK2 got me in to MK so they are probably the most important games to me - they are my fondest FG memories and played them both to death.

SF6 is the most complete fighting game out there (I am not a Tekken fan), and it is really fun. I was playing it constantly until MK1 came out, so it is up there as one of the best too.
Street Fighter 6 is my favourite game because of the online, love it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Mortal Kombat 2 and then SF vs SNK are the clear winners in my opinion.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s essentially a tie between UMK3 and N64 version of MKT, which is essentially a sped up version of UMK3 with more characters.

Next favorite is honestly probably SF4 (most versions except the last one with broken af Elena lol)

Then it’s 3rd Strike.

Art Lean

Noob
I'm a bloodthirsty maniac, it's gotta be MK, never enjoyed any fighting game that didn't let me commit brutal murder at the end of a fight.

But I'm the same with any other genre, I don't like racing games if I can't commit absolute utter carnage, so my favorite racing game is Wreckfest; the Mortal Kombat of demolition derbies.

When it comes to MK games, my favorites are MK, MK2, MK4, MK9 and MK11. Love it brutal, hard, heavy, slow and ultra-violent, entrenched in Asian lore. Didn't enjoy the MK3 'trilogy' or the 3D games personally, just felt tonally so different from what I loved about MK, though did thoroughly enjoy MKD's Konquest mode back in the day. Never played MK Vs DC, and never plan to I'm afraid.

Atmospherically, I absolutely love MK1 too, full of Chinese music, retro character designs and gorgeous Asian locales; over-all largely a return to the stunning Hong Kong kung fu cinema of the original 1992 MK (and a massive improvement over MKs X and 11 in that regard), however obvious corporate greed is ruining this game for me in many other ways.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK9 .... when the girls were hot as hell and the game community was more focused in having good time and fun than discuss bullshit politics and or defend woke brainless concepts ..... ah the old good times, that will never return back ..... :laughing: :p

Last edited:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
In the MK franchise, it's MK2...all day...every day

Modern fighting games, Tekken 8 is just incredible, and we haven't even gotten any of the DLC yet.

NHDR

Noob
My top picks are probably USF4, ST, Street Fighter x Tekken, MK 9, Tekken 5, and Soul Calibur 3. Currently, SF6 is my favorite fighter, but MK1 and Tekken 8 are both very solid.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
War Gods? ... u tripping!
Now that I'm mostly awake I kinda understand my 3am self here. War Gods is bad no doubt about it but it's a fighting game that means a lot to me especially when I was a child as my brother, my cousin & I would play it a lot on the Nintendo 64 when visiting our Grandma during the late 1990s. I've played my brother in dozens of fighting games over the past 25+ years & so many he never found any joy except War Gods, he would play Kabuki Jo & I would play Anubis, Vallah, Maximus or Ahau Kin, we could play for hours even as adults. Also I love the soundtrack, it's a fighting game soundtrack that not enough people talk about (probably because the game is bad). It's such guilty pleasure.

Also Kerri Hoskins in a metal bikini, as an adult that's pretty cool.

I love sfv bison even if the game has flaws.
Rising thunder was amazing and killed long before its time. Project L or wherever looks ok but is clearly different.

Battle capacity was an indie thing that was really very fun.

SCVI deserves better but no rollback.

KI is amazing and needs a sequel.

And finally samsho v special or the new one are both great.