What's new

Question - Cyrax What's with the hate?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Cyrax needs nerfs, the other triborg variations really don't, and yeah im including CSZ in that no further nerfs category too.

As for Alien, tarkattan should be left alone (he's nowhere near prepatch tanya levels, c'mon guys), acidic...maybe ease up on the DoT's a lil bit?

And bo rai cho, Nerf that GG-cropduster corner setups and maybe, buff something else? lol have no clue about this character. Oh yeah, and his guaranteed reset, thats gotta go.

D

Deleted member 9158

Its definitely a little bit of bitterness from mk9, and that his combos take a life time to endure. I've been more annoyed with sektor then anyone else. Sektor and smoke are all I face online now

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Every nerf thread concerning cyrax csz or alien

'BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT CHARACTER'

YOU ALL NEED NERFED YOU BROKEN FUCKS

two wrongs dont make a right :DOGE
Said the Johnny Player lol

In all seriousness, this post was not a "don't nerf my main" or a "what about this character" thing, but more so to bring up the point that we don't need other characters going under the radar because Cyrax is taking all the heat. And that's not just DLC Ermac is pretty damn strong in the current build but no one is talking about it that much.

So yes, two wrongs don't make a right, but don't treat Cyrax like your illegitimate step child, while others are running a muck unnoticed.

Leather face, Sektor, Smoke, are ok they are good but ok, Cyrax Cyber sub and Alien in general need some fixing, wait till you see FR this weekend ;)

Wigy

There it is...
Said the Johnny Player lol

In all seriousness, this post was not a "don't nerf my main" or a "what about this character" thing, but more so to bring up the point that we don't need other characters going under the radar because Cyrax is taking all the heat. And that's not just DLC Ermac is pretty damn strong in the current build but no one is talking about it that much.

So yes, two wrongs don't make a right, but don't treat Cyrax like your illegitimate step child, while others are running a muck unnoticed.
Prove my point more pls.

There have been threads about alien, csz and even leatherface... christ even bo rai chu.

However at the moment cyrax, has meterless loopable unblockables (nobody is doing a 1frame fuzzy). That cannot be in a game, for the rest of KP2 they don't have anything in that calibre of broken, so we can only speculate on balance til the meta evolves and we see some tournament results.

I'd like to say, i was an mk9 cyrax and jc main, i stuck with jc and was intending to with cyrax but dropped him because atm hes garbage until he gets you in a net then you are dead. Worst designed character in mkx.

Matix218

Get over here!
I have played like one or two cyraxs online since kp2 dropped. It seems like online he is actually the last common variation tbh. But yeah I think a lot of the salt/hate pertaining to cyrax obviously stems from his brokenness in mk9 and when people see these hard to blockable/pseudo unblockables and big meterless damage with him in mkx they fear that it will be mk9 cyrax all over again.

Tweedy

Noob
Cyrax needs nerfs, the other triborg variations really don't, and yeah im including CSZ in that no further nerfs category too.

As for Alien, tarkattan should be left alone (he's nowhere near prepatch tanya levels, c'mon guys), acidic...maybe ease up on the DoT's a lil bit?

And bo rai cho, Nerf that GG-cropduster corner setups and maybe, buff something else? lol have no clue about this character. Oh yeah, and his guaranteed reset, thats gotta go.
With proper execution Tarkatan can make everything -4 with no gaps, using his rekkas. Including 50/50s. Isn't that a little too strong?

By pre patch Tanya, do you mean before this latest patch? If so, Tarkatan > Tanya imo.

His neutral is much better than Tanya's. He has 50/50 wake ups, one launches, one doesn't, both lead to oki and are unsafe, exactly like Tanya's. His jump 1 is as competent as Tanya's jump 2. His damage is better than Tanya's. With meter it's probably about the same, but Tanya got crap meterless damage, Alien doesn't do too bad.

Tanya's EX rekkas were obviously amazing. I would just rather have safe 50/50s and Alien's neutral. It's not like Alien is lacking armored moves, anyways.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
With proper execution Tarkatan can make everything -4 with no gaps, using his rekkas. Including 50/50s. Isn't that a little too strong?

By pre patch Tanya, do you mean before this latest patch? If so, Tarkatan > Tanya imo.

His neutral is much better than Tanya's. He has 50/50 wake ups, one launches, one doesn't, both lead to oki and are unsafe, exactly like Tanya's. His jump 1 is as competent as Tanya's jump 2. His damage is better than Tanya's. With meter it's probably about the same, but Tanya got crap meterless damage, Alien doesn't do too bad.

Tanya's EX rekkas were obviously amazing. I would just rather have safe 50/50s and Alien's neutral. It's not like Alien is lacking armored moves, anyways.
well the 50/50's don't launch really, so its not that bad, if its really that bothersome maybe make one of the 50/50's unsafe while still keeping the other safe and the mid safe obviously. I'm telling you tanya was much worse before this patch, she could easily loop rekka's due to things like being able to be plus as well as things like b1~ex tonfa, so no tarkatan is NOT better than prepatch tanya.