What's new

Question - Cyrax What's with the hate?

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Alright so as of late, all I've been seeing is Cyrax this and Cyrax that and nerf this but don't nerf that.

I am really at a loss here. I mean, are people really not focusing on what the other DLCs are capable of?
I've had a way tougher time dealing with Alien than any of the Borgs.

Maybe you gotta drop names around here for people to listen.

Here's Gunshows insane LeatherFace.

Decay showing how brutal Bo Rai Cho can be.

And everyone's favorite Sonicfox and also Honeybee displaying Aliens nonsense.

I just don't get what it is about Cyrax that people gravitate to. Is it the bad taste in their mouths left over from MK9? I'm sure there is plenty of dirt the regular cast has similar to Cyrax.
Maybe high level play is not encouraged around here? Maybe labbing isn't a thing anymore.
I don't know guys. What do you think?

I'm glad I got that off my chest.

~peace

P3irce

Noob
Well who's the most popular of all these characters? Cyrax, which means more people are playing him which means more people are facing him / have more experience against his shenanigans and to top it off his combos take goddamn forever to sit through

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Alright so as of late, all I've been seeing is Cyrax this and Cyrax that and nerf this but don't nerf that.

I am really at a loss here. I mean, are people really not focusing on what the other DLCs are capable of?
I've had a way tougher time dealing with Alien than any of the Borgs.

Maybe you gotta drop names around here for people to listen.

Here's Gunshows insane LeatherFace.

Decay showing how brutal Bo Rai Cho can be.

And everyone's favorite Sonicfox and also Honeybee displaying Aliens nonsense.

I just don't get what it is about Cyrax that people gravitate to. Is it the bad taste in their mouths left over from MK9? I'm sure there is plenty of dirt the regular cast has similar to Cyrax.
Maybe high level play is not encouraged around here? Maybe labbing isn't a thing anymore.
I don't know guys. What do you think?

I'm glad I got that off my chest.

~peace
The other DLC characters let the opponent actually play the game. Cyrax has meterless, loopable, HTB setup that requires 0 skill. 0 SKILL. If you don't rely on that strategy in your matches you have nothing to worry about. The hypothetical nerfs won't affect you. If you do... you're a fraud.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Doesn't matter if other characters have broken stuff too, that will never justify looping unblockable resets. Is that what you want to see grand finals at EVO come down to? Two cyrax players battling to get their vortex going? As soon as one lands a net the other one would probably hit restart match immediately. That would be funny actually

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It was worse in mk9 and they still didn't nerf it so yea. Itsokaaaaaaaaay

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Me personally, I would imagine it's because players spent years on end putting up with MK9 Cyrax's bullshit and couldn't do much to have it dealt with since a) support from NRS for the game ended after patch 1.05 and b) he never won a noteable major other than EVO '13, and now after almost a year of dealing with Summoner Quan and other hardtoblockable chaos that was almost all addressed in the last patch, not only has it all been brought back AND made infinitely easier via the return of Cyrax, but it's been brought back in almost exactly the same manner that made him such a nightmare in the past.

Cyrax is the cause of my becoming a serious fighting game junkie to begin with. but even I think it's an enormous fucking oversight that this is happening to begin with. It's not the fact that it's busted tech, or that from an in game perspective it's exactly why Quan was touched at all, it's both of those things on top of the fact that they built Cyrax to purposely do the exact same infuriating crap he used to do when they undoubtedly could have found another viable way to design him. The other three DLC all definitely have their own filth that needs addressing, but to players who have already spent ages being put off by this particular problem, it can be enraging to see it happening all over again but in MKX's meta.

I'm not that salty about because I'm happy to have him back and I'd rather put up with him than old Summoner every day of the week, but that's because I love my robot dearly. Not everyone shares my position.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i dont know but nobody said cyrax is the worst one since ther is plenty of stuff to be discovered. In my opinions it is just not really a test of skill to go into a loop over and over and over again i mean regarding what wonderchef recently discvered. hard to blockables are fine when you have to work for it but getting one just by catching the opponent into a net. I dont know. I think it is just a matter of opinion. But who cares i am just a random scrub tryin to make a point ^^

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Can a character be top tier without being nerfed for once?:DOGE

*Looks at Johnny Cage*
Oh, that's already happened. :DOGE
Atleast they aren't blowing the poor guy up that bad.
Cage can't be top because of all these broken fks showing up in dlcs and whatnot stealing his thunder.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Still waiting on some high level Bo footage and not just training room montages. Reminds of another tech monster. . . . . Is anyone playing this character?

And I'm of the mindset the level play can't get to high when the ceiling is as low as "spew plus frame, overwhelm opponent, now guess".

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Cage can't be top because of all these broken fks showing up in dlcs and whatnot stealing his thunder.
I remember how much of a cage downplayer i was, i searched into the character even more now.

Are you saying Johnny Cage isn't top tier?
Not even going to argue about johnny, since i don't want to derail thread.