What's new

What's up with the supers?

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I saw this on Gamefaqs.

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that some characters have super-over-the-top super moves while others have pretty...meh ones.

It seems like Catwoman, Harley, Joker, Bane, and even Wonder Woman have kind of lame supers compared to Shazam and Flash. If there is some kind of explanation to how these characters can fight each other, shouldn't they have equal supers?

Also Shazam's super seems like a better version of Superman's. I would've liked if they added something to Superman's like maybe he shoots them with his laser vision as they fall back to the ground.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I know *somewhere* the creators said they wanted to use over-the-top moments to replace the gore that had to be toned down. Some characters are capable of crazy supers, some not so much. I guess they're just trying to put in crazy stuff where they can.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Gamefaqs has the most visually appealing forum setup, shame everyone there is completely insane.

Though they have recently botched it by adding terrible features like quoting and spoilers to make it look terrible.

some feel like missed opportunities like aquaman, why not have more sea-life like a jellyfish, electric eel then the shark comes in to finish, and banes just seemed like a combo move, for a super he should break peoples backs for sure but go all out and make him toss someone around like a ragdoll if it's meant to be super over the top moves. but others are small because they fit the character, like green arrows, i don't know what else they could have done with him.

Something tells me it will end up lije mk. At high level u hardly see Xrays cause using the meter gives u better options, damage, etc.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

SZSR

Noob
Something tells me it will end up lije mk. At high level u hardly see Xrays cause using the meter gives u better options, damage, etc.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
I see this happening too. They're very good for being theatrical for casual players and possibly getting unbreakerable damage at the end of the match.

The theatrics have the fit the characters NapoleonComplex, we're not gonna see Deathstroke punching Quinn into the atmosphere or Green Arrow pulling out a screen-filling boxing glove arrow to finish someone off. It's a design choice nothing more, and from what i've seen so far, they're all pretty fitting.

I see this happening too. They're very good for being theatrical for casual players and possibly getting unbreakerable damage at the end of the match.

The theatrics have the fit the characters NapoleonComplex, we're not gonna see Deathstroke punching Quinn into the atmosphere or Green Arrow pulling out a screen-filling boxing glove arrow to finish someone off. It's a design choice nothing more, and from what i've seen so far, they're all pretty fitting.
Yeah, I can see it just for Casuals to mash for easy damage [30-40%] and cinematic, but, meter sounds way more useful for Push Blocking, Meter Burn, Roman Cancels, Wall Bounces, and maybe transitions.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
One thing I have noticed is that the more outrageous the super combo is the less likely is the character can combo after it or gain the pressure advantage it seems.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Supers are made to fit the character and they all fit. Nitpicking is how I see it.
this.
the supermoves arent made to see who can be the best or most powerful they're made specifically to compliment the character, thats why Harley's super is like a joke and Superman punches you in space, the move is just something cool the character would do in comics, and theyre fine the way they are imo and the comic poses are a cool bonus

Briyen

Noob
I saw this on Gamefaqs.

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that some characters have super-over-the-top super moves while others have pretty...meh ones.

It seems like Catwoman, Harley, Joker, Bane, and even Wonder Woman have kind of lame supers compared to Shazam and Flash. If there is some kind of explanation to how these characters can fight each other, shouldn't they have equal supers?

Also Shazam's super seems like a better version of Superman's. I would've liked if they added something to Superman's like maybe he shoots them with his laser vision as they fall back to the ground.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking.
keep on nitpicking man, dont listen to them, look how much people nitpicked about batman and BAM, awesome super

i think the best example is Grundy, his normals and chain grabs look WAY more painful than his super

keep on nitpicking man, dont listen to them, look how much people nitpicked about batman and BAM, awesome super

i think the best example is Grundy, his normals and chain grabs look WAY more painful than his super
It was still early in the development process when people griped about Batman's original super, so they could change it. It's far too late for that now.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!

I kind of agree, but have you ever seen how big grave stones are? It still looks painful :D