What's new

What's the better game: MK: Deadly Alliance or MK: Deception?

What's the better game: MK Deadly Alliance vs. MK Deception?

• Total voters

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
A little context. I've been tasked at my job to supply some gamecube games but only want to pick one MK game. I doubt single player modes will have a lot of appeal so it's most likely which game is the most fun 1v1. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Not even a competition, MKD Konquest is gold. The comeback of Mileena and Ermac were simply iconic in redesign, not to mention a roster featuring Tanya, Sindel, Noob/Smoke, Li Mei, Bo, Ashrah, Kenshi, Jade, Havik, Baraka, good stuff all around.

Also, Chess Kombat was fun.
I support this post. I completely forgot about Chess Kombat. And yeah, a lot of characters that need to make a return i.e. Hotaru and Dairou, etc.

MKD all the way.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I don't care how much "gameplay-wise" MKDA is better... MKD was 1000% better for the better characters, online, feel, etc. Broken as fuck, whatever. It was way more fun.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
This is a spicy topic! People have strong feelings about these games, but I never played DA like that.

Where are all the necros at? :joker:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As others mentioned, Deadly Alliance is better gameplay wise. Deception is better at everything else.

Have to go with MKDA just because of broken Dairou and Bo Rai Cho in MKD

I loved my unblockable, full-screen launcher, but I wonder to this day which person at NRS (well, Midway back then) thought adding such a special move was a good idea. LOL.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't remember anything much about the play in a way to compare them. I just remember the first 3d game feeling so much like it came up short on content. MKD just ended up feeling so much more like the game I wanted MKDA to be.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
MKD just because of this top tier trailer

Facts.

Deception is in my Top 5 favorite games of all time.
I could go on forever.
Konquest.
Chaosrealm.
Ham.
Double Bomb.
Player 1 Takes The Square.
One of the greatest Fatalities in the history of MK, the Darrius Mix & Match.
It goes on forever.

HOWEVER
IT MUST BE SAID
The original Konquest in MKDA was one of the best Tutorial modes ever implemented.

SURE WISH I COULD'VE GOTTEN ONYX AND PLATINUM KOINS FROM ANYTHING OTHER THAN MINIGAMES, THOUGH -_-

Art Lean

Noob
Deception by miles.

DA was a lacking proof-of-concept version of Deception.

Everything was improved in Deception; fatalities, stage fatalities, other gameplay modes, konquest, the krypt, characters.

I actually preferred 4 to Deadly Alliance; Deception was what DA should have been on launch.

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
DA is far better at intermediate to high level of gameplay.
Deception is better casually and is a generally more well rounded game.
I prefer DA nowadays, but MKD is easier to get into imo.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Dan's Sindel. @DanCock don't be down-playin' that shit.

Dan played so simple, but very well, No one here recalls TKO, I'm sure, but TKO was the dominant clan during MKD. Dan was in TKO along with @Konqrr @M2Dave need I say more...
thanks!! i was the worst of the bunch though LOLOL they were nice to allow me in. other then MK2, MKD was the only other game i played for over 6 hours a day.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
thanks!! i was the worst of the bunch though LOLOL they were nice to allow me in. other then MK2, MKD was the only other game i played for over 6 hours a day.
You were the worst rush down player! Your zoning has always been great, though. I am looking forward to playing your Sindel in Mortal Kombat 11.

As others mentioned, Deadly Alliance is better gameplay wise. Deception is better at everything else.

I loved my unblockable, full-screen launcher, but I wonder to this day which person at NRS (well, Midway back then) thought adding such a special move was a good idea. LOL.

What up, man? good games a while back in MK11. You were the last person i've played in that game. Hope to play again soon. Same to you @DanCock

I'm always down to play MKD MKDA MKA on dolphin emulator anytime, everyone. Just hit me up.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Off topic but seeing a lot of the “old guard” and staff come in to give their take give me such a warm/tingly feeling..lol

Hope this spawns a new discussion about the old 3d era games!