What's new

What's going to be your process once you get your hands on Injustice 2?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I made an article similar to this before MKX dropped. It was more about how top/high level players approach learning a new game. Check it out here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/learning-a-new-fighter-interviews-with-veterans.48888/

This thread is more of what are your plans, specifically for Injustice 2, once you get the game.

I'll start.

When I get the game I'm immediately going into training mode. I have several characters I'm thinking about maining, so I'll start with them. After I get familiar with these characters, I'll go through the entire cast to see how they play and also to see if I like their playstyle. I've made the mistake more than once of picking a main before I've even played the game, so I don't want to repeat that again.

Once I've thoroughly checked out every single character, I'll move on to the story mode and complete it.

**EDIT** It seems Brainiac is a story mode unlock. So going to actually knock that out first to unlock him.

After that, back to training mode. I'll narrow down my main selection by 5, then eventually to 3. Once it's down to 3, I'll grind these characters out for a significant amount of time. Once I feel comfortable with them, THEN I'll try out online and the netcode. Once I run into something I can't deal with, back to training mode. And I'll just keep repeating this process.

I'm going to need a lot of help, since my goal is to at least be relevant in a new NRS game. So if y'all want to help this 'only ever good at UMK3' player out, my PSN: Juggleypuff

So now the question falls onto y'all. What are you going to do once you get your hands on the game!??

Also, a little side note. I'll be at least a week behind everyone else with this game. On the 16th I'm going to a Clemson baseball game AT Clemson AFTER work, and then on the 18th I'm going on Vacaction and won't be back until the 22nd. A little bittersweet, but the vacation is MUCH needed.

Last edited:

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Pick one character (scarecrow in my case) and just lab everything. Once I'm comfortable with the character and the game mechanics I'll start on how the rest of the cast works and MU specific things

- Training mode with The Flash
- If Brainiac isn't unlocked from the start, I will do the story mode
- Training mode with Brainiac
- I will farm some items in the Multiverse
- Then I will spend my time in training mode, multiverse and online.

Last edited:

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I like the single player content this time so I'll probably play every character and grind cosmetic stuff.
maybe specialize on 2/3 characters but no mainz. like OW

Plymarco

Worst Kitana ever?
Playing to win and Pig said they go through the entire cast to see what tools they have. So I'm just gonna do that instead of picking a main before the game comes out.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
-Immediately training mode with Supes, need to get used to everything changed.
- Mess around with some legacy characters I played like Batman
- Spend about 3 hours with Ivy, Fate, Crow.
- make sure deadshot is the dummy to beat up so I can check his frame data
-Story mode
-More labbing
- browse TYM for anything that catches my interest for a character.

Probably going to hit story mode first. After that's tied up I'll lab a little before going online with whom I presume will be Black Canary. Then it's just a matter of staying sharp until Manta drops.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
-Go into training and figure out everyone's tools
-figure out how Harley can get around those tools
-Probably play story mode
-get bopped by something online and lab it

GGA Max

Ill probably hop online with cyborg

Then I'll see the changes and update my bnbs

At that point if I want fun I might mess around with a few interesting chars, braniac at the very least, but also may try cc and others that look fun

If I'm studying for combo breaker I'll practice against some OP stuff, learn the rolling mechanic, and other technical stuff, along with, most importantly, practicing with my local scene / team

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
A similar thread is already out. Did you search properly?

1) Story Mode.
2) Training mode with Sub Zero and Capn Cold. (I heard that there will be the tag mode, so gonna try this, too) -- POSSIBLE RECORD OF THE COMBOS I MIGHT FIND --
3) Ranked matches to get used to those MUs.
4) Getting to play with my buddies, if they get INJ2, along the way. They already know about this.
5) Exploring the INJ2 game to see if I can unlock all those stuff there.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
1-Training mode to see the frame data of all chars
2-Return to training mode and practice combos
3-Go to testyourmight.com and check that there are 45983598375 threads with not viable gear combos
4-Return to training mode

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Over the next week, I'm going to scour Youtube for vids from early-released Mom&Pop shop copies. I will then begin my own Youtube channel, doing K-warrior breakdowns about how "OP" and "Broken" everything is. When that's spent, I'll challenge a successful FG player from another franchise to a first-to-ten series, claiming that once I mop him up, I'm gonna uninstall the game. Finally, in the wee hours of May 16th, I'm going to fully retire from competition and just post memes of black guys making funny faces on TYM for the likes.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'll do a somewhat brief overlook of Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, Deadshot, Darkseid, Robin, and Aquaman. Whoever I like most will be my day 1 character. Then I'll just stick to that one character for a bit and just try to learn how the game it's self is gonna work without having to learn multiple characters as well, hopefully it shortens the learning process of a brand new game. Once I know a bit of combos and don't feel like a total pleb I'll do story. Then just play whoever wants to play with whatever character I end up maining.

Probably it'll only be one character I play. I just can't play a lot of characters. I think I learned Sub-Zero just as much as I learned MKX, so my brain wouldn't let me do one without the other.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
My plan is to jump into training mode and just go character by character. 45m or so for each character, just going through strings, normals, specials and any obvious combo routes. Look for obvious AA's and such. I'll do that off and on for a few days until I've gone through the whole cast. That will help me narrow things down to those I like, those I don't and those riding the fence.

Once I've gotten that far, I'll usually take the Likes and the Maybes back in to training mode for a little bit, do some research to see what's been discovered in terms of combos and tech, while spending some more time with each trying to dig a little deeper and find whatever I can find on terms of combos and tech, then I'll take them into arcade mode or vs CPU or whatever just to get a feel for them "in motion". This typically narrows down my list pretty substantially. Then I take the remainders and forcibly cut all but two usually. Then I just start real training mode work, learning block strings and real combos and just leaning the character - interspersed with games vs people, but not random. Usually friends or others looking to learn and mess around more than play like it's Evo or something. This often times results in me tossing one of the two out and shuffling someone I cut back in to that slot. I just kinda keep this process going indefinitely, until and obvious main arises and I find a character I just can't do without, or I end up in limbo and can't decide.

That's my plan for Inj2. Of course I have characters I've seen trailers or gameplay breakdowns for that I'm excited for and have some interest in going in cold, Brainiac. Green Arrow (super excited) Bane, Joker , etc, but I just don't know who and what will grab me until I'm able to get my hands on them.

My hopes for Injustice 2 are pretty simple though. I'm just an online warrior, so my goal is simply to be a respected and skillfull online warrior who can punch and kick good than my rivals.

BlooEyedBeast

Aqua Hood
Story mode off the bat. That way I get a small taste of most characters playstyles and also personality in the game, which could influence who I main and have fun with the most. Then it's to the lab with said character(s). :)