What's new

What's a powerful character to learn that isn't Kabal or Kung Lao

Flagg

Warrior
Axel_Redd, i've noticed his ns lowers his hitbox to the point he can duck under lots of things, it's a nice tool to go into as someone is waking up as you have so much you can do off it, depending on the opponents choice.

xInfra Deadx, my biggest combo with Freddy is jip, B12U1, U3, ex claw, jip, 22 ground claw, B24... 46%. You're right he isn't much of a pressure machine, but you can overwhelm people once you get a bit of momentum going. My two best mains, CSZ and Kano have better up close tools, but Freddy hits way harder than them. I even feel kinda bad fighting SZ with Freddy, the guy just destroys the ice ninja!

Im also thinking in juggles, you could use B12 into sweet dreams as a kind of reset 50/50 set up.

If I have one gripe, is that I feel input bug affects him quite bad, I hate doing accidental teleports with him.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Kenshi - godmode
Skarlet - almost as hard as jade but more rewarding by far
Freddy - zoning expert, with some learning curve
Cage - rushdown expert, little learning curve
Cyrax - oneTrickPony for bronies that like to hoofbump people for 90% + damage at little effort
Jax - Suffers against zoning but otherwise solid
Sonya - Cartwheel fo' life

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Axel_Redd, i've noticed his ns lowers his hitbox to the point he can duck under lots of things, it's a nice tool to go into as someone is waking up as you have so much you can do off it, depending on the opponents choice.

xInfra Deadx, my biggest combo with Freddy is jip, B12U1, U3, ex claw, jip, 22 ground claw, B24... 46%. You're right he isn't much of a pressure machine, but you can overwhelm people once you get a bit of momentum going. My two best mains, CSZ and Kano have better up close tools, but Freddy hits way harder than them. I even feel kinda bad fighting SZ with Freddy, the guy just destroys the ice ninja!

Im also thinking in juggles, you could use B12 into sweet dreams as a kind of reset 50/50 set up.

If I have one gripe, is that I feel input bug affects him quite bad, I hate doing accidental teleports with him.
B1 doesn't have a very good hurtbox on it so F4 (!12) or 2, 2 (!10) is going to be your go to quick punishers. B2 and B3 are Overhead and Low respectively, but are both 18 frames.

As far as B1 combos, jp, B1, 2, U1 >> U3 - EX Spike - jp, B2 / c. Spike >> F4, 2, 1 / f. Spike will do around 50% and you can do a meaty Fingers or Sweet Dreams at the end of your combo to keep the pressure going from a distance. Just make sure on your punishes you end your combos with your opponent at full screen, you don't want them close unless you playing against Smoke.

And yeah, "negative edge" (not input bug) is annoying, but you'll get used to it.