What's new

What would you guys like to see in the next balance patch for Jax?

zillaVR

Noob
Just curious as to what all the other Jax players are wanting. Only thing I want is to be able to tick off of f33 again like it was day 1. Maybe dont make f2d4 push back so far on hit just a step or 2 closer will do

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I feel he is pretty strong as he is. Any changes i want are just to make him more fun.

Id like b1 to juggle. This would give his variations without a combo extender a way of landing his heat shot KB without landing his D2 or B2 KB.

B3,2 to be special cancelable so he can combo into quad grab and gotcha.

His quad grab to hit crouchers and whiff on standing opponents. I find his current tick grabs pointless as they have no reason to stand after a blocked D1 or D3.

Honestly I think Jax is balanced very well.

My fantasy change would be to have b32 special cancellable, but that would def make him unbalanced.

Not mechanics related though, I wish Jax had more skin variety and had as many brutalities as the other characters. His are few and kinda lame, tbh.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Jax is fine the way he is. No need for any buffs or nerfs, in my opinion but for the moment I exclusively play Grinnin' Barrett. I can't speak on behalf of the command grab variant.

The only issue is that 22 is supposed to be a high, mid. But as it stands it's actually high, high. It's only purpose right now is to punish, which is a fine purpose!! - it's not in need of a buff at the moment. He has other punishers like 1~DB4 or 3~DB4. 3 is the optimal damage punish button, I believe, giving 299 damage for a bar over 2,2 which gives 288 (I think). 1 is obviously for tight punishes and 3 for super large punishes and 2 for when you can't punish with 3. Each has their moment to use them, yknow.

Even at that, F3 is 9f and by punishing stuff with that you can achieve 295 for a bar so it's like, might as well use that most of the time for the perfect mix of speed, damage and hit confirmation in the event that you miss the punish.

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of request for B32 to be special cancellable. That'd be too strong, it's already a -7 low option. If you want damage and to keep them in the corner you need to guess and go B3~DB4. DB4 is also -7 but it's got a massive gap that anybody can full combo punish interrupt with most buttons. The move is fine the way it is.

Last edited:

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch

So I made this real quick to show what I'm talking about. Saying it jails is slightly inaccurate. The d4 jails them into either eating or blocking ground pound. Ground pound will leave you +7 when it connects. -8 If they block it. But in the mid screen or backed into a corner it creates a safe distance.

I use this mainly to win poke battles. I haven't found an opponent yet that has seen it before. So the few times a match I throw it out I either catch them with it. Or I catch them pressing buttons and whiffing after the low block. Treat it like pocket sand and not a bnb tactic and they won't figure it out before you get the W. Mix in your tick throws and you become a serious threat.

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
Take away his f4 from being positive on block. Take away the restand from his grab when he throws you against the wall too. That shit is OP.

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch
Take away his f4 from being positive on block. Take away the restand from his grab when he throws you against the wall too. That shit is OP.
His f4 is only +1 on block. Has a slow 15 frame start up. And a weird gap if you special cancel it. He literally only has 1 other move (his 1) that is plus on block.

His wall restand is only +4 at most. Just learn to not spam buttons trying to be faster after the restand.

Neither of these moves need nerfs

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
High level players can shut that F4 down pretty quick. EB does gather a little bit before getting there, it's not broken. It makes it much harder to get that KB by going in swinging for a second one in a row. I love the amplify to mix it up, but it makes it unsafe in a way especially if they're already over your head or at an advantage.

Last edited:

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
His f4 is only +1 on block. Has a slow 15 frame start up. And a weird gap if you special cancel it. He literally only has 1 other move (his 1) that is plus on block.

His wall restand is only +4 at most. Just learn to not spam buttons trying to be faster after the restand.

Neither of these moves need nerfs
Ok fair enough. The knee I could live with. The wall bounce restand is legit busted though and of course they wont remove it so I would just relax. +4 gives him like a billion options. If I had 4 free frames I could rule the world.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Ok fair enough. The knee I could live with. The wall bounce restand is legit busted though and of course they wont remove it so I would just relax. +4 gives him like a billion options. If I had 4 free frames I could rule the world.
Thank you for your opinion

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
"What would you guys like to see in the next balance patch for Jax?"

A rocket launcher. Or an uzi. Or a rocket launcher that's also an uzi.