What's new

Question What would a phase dodge buff do?

Would a phase dodge buff make flash op?

• Total voters

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
So I've been wondering about this for awhile. What if hypothetically phase dodge started at frame 0 and you were able to cancel it into a forward dash or back dash. Would that be too much or would that be what flash needed this whole time. Discuss

Would be a bit over the top to be honest. it's a great move but you need a read to do it, basically cancelling it would eliminate most of the drawbacks from using it. Flash really is fine where he is.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
yeah i don't think he needs buffs, it was just a thought........and yeah probably an absurd one.

VOR

Noob
Just saying if you had a zero frame punisher in which you could dash in and get 60%, that would be pretty ridiculous. People would just randomly do it in your face and that'd be the end or close to the end of the match.

It would be a little over the top to have that buffed. The speed dodge itself is very strong. I would propose the MB version gets a buff to have armor or something to make me even consider using it. As it is right now, mb version just gets stuffed by everything and burns your meter for no damage or momentum change. Also, again SidTheHaze you did pretty awesome. Probably smartest Flash player right now, but just missing it looks like experience or tech? Lemme know if you want any of that stuff. I want Flash to fill 2-3 top 8 spots in a major soon, would be great.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
It would be a little over the top to have that buffed. The speed dodge itself is very strong. I would propose the MB version gets a buff to have armor or something to make me even consider using it. As it is right now, mb version just gets stuffed by everything and burns your meter for no damage or momentum change. Also, again SidTheHaze you did pretty awesome. Probably smartest Flash player right now, but just missing it looks like experience or tech? Lemme know if you want any of that stuff. I want Flash to fill 2-3 top 8 spots in a major soon, would be great.
missing hit confirms from d1d2 is what i cringed at, everytime you hit some one with d1d2 it should be for 58% or without trait 40% midscreen. good stuff on get 2nd place with flash SidTheHaze

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Yeah @AK Harold and @Zyphox when i looked at the archive footage I said the exact same thing, it's a really nasty habbit not hit confirming d1d2 into lightning kick. Thats something i really need to work on.

Depending how crucial it is, you may even want to just lk and let it rock if you can't get confirms down just yet. You would lose some pressure but optioning the mb for a win would be worth it.

He would be op if he got buffed in that way. If speed dodge was truly 0 frames, then he'd be able to reversal phase in the middle of block strings and punish. The only changes the flash needs now is to make his mids true mids so that they don't whiff on crouchers.

He would be op if he got buffed in that way. If speed dodge was truly 0 frames, then he'd be able to reversal phase in the middle of block strings and punish. The only changes the flash needs now is to make his mids true mids so that they don't whiff on crouchers.
MB lightning upper imo :p make it happen. Just sandbag a few more majors and make it happen guys!

Universal dash, flash make top 3 for sure, flash is the favorite of ed boon. and i think flash get more buffs not balanced

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Being able to dash cancel is too much I think, but it being active on frame zero (or even frame 1) would be ok. I'm a bit tired of getting hit out of the "zero frame" start up of speed dodge by very obvious fullscreen interactables and projectiles. It still has considerable recovery, so even if it started instantly, it wouldn't be safe to try and use to interrupt things.