What's new

What will you play first?

REYTHEGREAT

With Invasion, Story mode, online, and who knows what else. What will you do first when you finally get the game?

I am personally interested in the story and testing out some of the characters and checking how they play.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
  1. Tutorial to unlock some skins/announcer/whatever bonus
  2. Practice some BNB's with Kung Lao (since he's the first character)
  3. Story mode
  4. Back to practice with whatever character is in chapter 2
  5. Rinse and repeat until story is finished
  6. Some online matches probably
  7. Invasion mode to unlock whatever skins I'm eyeing
  8. Back to online.

Zviko

Noob
  1. Story on very easy to get through the fights asap
  2. Practice mode with Reptile till I find the right kameo and get comfortable
  3. Whatever mode unlocks brutalities and other good stuff for him - hoping Ranked mode can in which case I'll jump straight to Ranked.

1. I'll likely start with Story Mode on Normal Difficulty and go through it in a few days.
  2. I'll then start working on the Tutorials, while toying with Invasion and ultimately focusing on that.
  3. Then I'll focus on Towers and Single Fight (or whatever that mode will be called). Single Fight is ultimately where I expect to spend the most time with the game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
  1. Lab
  2. More lab
  3. Still in the lab
  4. If Steam has status messages for the game, it'll be saying Lab
  5. Story
  6. Online
  7. Invasion whenever I feel like unlocks. Unless it turns out you HAVE to do Invasion to unlock kameos for all other game modes. If so, this will come first before labbing

Temptress

Edenian Empress
  1. Lab to test several characters out and get a feel for the game & mechanics again as the release will be a month post-beta and I'll likely be rusty or straight up terrible.
  2. Story Mode
  3. Lab again and will likely do so here and there between story chapters being forced to play characters I don't care for
  4. Invasion
  5. Lab some more
  6. Finally, when I'm comfortable enough I'll play online. Not rushing into it

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Training mode. There's so many things I want to test.

How many projectiles is Sub-Zero ice armor assist immune to?

How many Kameo attacks are unsafe/safe/plus on block?

Plus just testing out the characters I want to play, see what they have, see what Kameos synergize with them.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
- Whatever tutorials they have first

- Story mode on medium

- Probably some time in invasions to see how it feels

- Arcade endings with characters that pique my interest (damn near everyone though)

- Alternate between practice and online and invasions if it's fun enough

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Tutorials, so it's done and I will never touch it again.

Some practice.

Story mode.

Some Invasion.

Then online.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Labbing like a muddah in this one. Not as young as I used to be, so hardcore stick grinding was felt after the beta.

#Shujinko

molambo

(X ౪ X )
I always finish the story modes first.
after that direct to online to see how the netcode is and if it even is worth to invest time into the game.
then mix of other modes, online play, training.

Thingy

Retired account
Definitely going to do Tutorial first, as it has become tradition for me and it helps put all the mechanics in my mind at once. Going right into story mode after that to get a feel for the characters and lose myself in the lore. Then, labbing like a crack addict and focusing on online play and becoming competitive.

I am leaving Invasion for extra content between online sessions to keep things fresh for a while.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Gonna play all the easy bits to do first tutorial small towers whatever then check out havik and reiko in practice for a bit then start story mode , online wont be for a couple of weeks i find better kombos myself anyways :REO

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Story Mode 1st... but I usually do some lite labbing each chapter to learn some stuff for whatever the chapter character is.

Then Invasion Mode, this will probably be my most played mode, until I am into the game more.

Towers and tutorials and stuff.

I actually play a lot of single player content in MK games as I am older and not really got the reflexes to play with the online crowd, also I'm a country boy in AU, and internet sucks out here., 100-200ping is completely normal for me, and everyone around me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Start with practice, do story mode, do some ranked, back to practice, and do what I gotta do to get all the kameos and SZ’s skins.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Practice mode first.
Try out the characters I'm interested in, see if I like their strings and playstyle.
Find out I'm not.
Cry.
Try new characters.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Tutorials and Practice mode
Storymode
Invasions to unlock stuff
Casual matches against my friends to get comfortable
Ranked until I hate myself
Practice mode again
Ranked cause I ain´t hating myself enough