What's new

Question What were you right and wrong about?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I was right about thinking D'vorah and Cassie were top tier. Just watching the kombat kasts, I knew it. When I saw D'vorahs ovipositors - I was like, yo this character is going to be awesome. When I saw Cassies B1 and her Ex Flip - I was like yo this character is going to be bonkers. And I was correct. It's why I was always going to play one of them.

I was wrong about Johnny though but only because I couldn't do the cancels day 1. Which is the reason that I didn't play D'vorah as well. I remember trying to lab every matchup in the game before the NRS MK Cup and I went to Johnny and couldn't find MK9-like pressure so I just wrote him off as garbage lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Was Wrong About
1. Skarlet being in the Game
2. Fujin being in the game
3. This game neutral would be amazing and extremely necessary to win
4. General Gameplay mechanics were well defined

Was Right about
1. 50-50s being a fucking trouble later on
2. Predator being in the game
3. Tania being in the game
4. Bo Rai Cho and Sonya Making it

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was right about most things.

Erron Black being overrated
Vorah being top 5 without MKXL buffs but still getting them anyway because terribad community
GM Sub's corner game being wildly overrated
Cutthroat being Kano's best variation
Kobu Tanya not actually being OP, and that nerfing her pressure would make her one of the worst characters in the game
Crystalline Tremor still being fine in MKXL
Quan Chi being ridiculous and bad game design, took him being the #1 character for people to realise meterless HTB 50/50 vortex resets are not just offset by lack of armour
HQT Predator never being top 5
Cassie was OP as fuck (not anymore)
Hellfire was not underpowered after the first round of nerfs ("dead character bro")
Takeda was the worst character in the game (until he got his buffs)
Blood God being the KK variation to make the most noise competitively (everyone thought because he has big gimmicks, that he has nothing but gimmicks)
Covops Sonya being overrated as hell

And I bet I'm right about a lot of things still to be seen
Predator in HQT was top 5 at his release. Not after but definitely at his release.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
by people who are wrong, yeah.

Kobu isn't one of the worst characters in the game?
GM is top 5?
HQT was top 5?

nah.
Most Tanya players think Kobu is mid/low mid. GM doesn't have to be top 5 to have a good corner game. It was overrated because people tend to panic with an ice Klone in their face and do stupid shit rather than block after a knockdown. I'd argue that HQT was top 5 when Predator was first released.

Most Tanya players think Kobu is mid/low mid. GM doesn't have to be top 5 to have a good corner game. It was overrated because people tend to panic with an ice Klone in their face and do stupid shit rather than block after a knockdown. I'd argue that HQT was top 5 when Predator was first released.
No, she's on of the worst in the game. Kobu is balls. I won't even disrespect myself to play it.

(Right)

MKX would be a brain dead game

DLCs will be OP on release and scaled down later on

(Wrong)

50/50s wouldn’t be as strong in this game due to Batgirl dominance in IGAU

Defensive play would be rewarded (Block correctly and get your turn)

Game would be balanced since this is NRS third time around the block

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
No, she's on of the worst in the game. Kobu is balls. I won't even disrespect myself to play it.
Tanya as a whole is kinda bleh now and I disagree with the damage nerf especially but I don't think Kobu is comparable to Balanced Kenshi, Cyber Sub-Zero, Ancestral Kung Jin, Inferno Scorpion, Hat Trick Lao, non Dragon's Breath Bo, Master of Storms Raiden, Naginata Tanya, or even Metallic Tremor for that matter. I think that constitutes a low mid or higher end of low tier variation which I agree is pretty bad but I don't think she's as bad as those characters.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Can we have a "what were you wrong about" thread?

I can easily type a short story for that.

I ended up being right about an overload of guest characters though.

I was wrong
The game being more fun to play than mk9..but...50 50s
Thought there would alot of decent anti airs
Kung Lao, Kano, Noob being the most fkin annoying characters ever..but Kung Jin is
Ninjutsu being my fav variation but Hellfire is
Rain making it as a playable character

I was right
Kitana being the most fun character to play
Sub Zero is even more fkin annoying than in MK9
Erron Black & Cassie are the only new characters I like
Mk9 Reptile had more swag
Tanya making it

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
WRONG ABOUT: (Before the game was released, based on pure speculation from pre release footage)

1. Sub Zero's MB Ice Ball was going to be a huge threat, as I though it would be a move based on a reaction to another projectile, and therefor be a huge risk for the opponent to throw a projectile at all, once Sub has a bar.

2. Tempest's Hat Spin move was going completely cover his teleport, and would easily be set up from his throw.

3. Unbreakable was going to be the best Variation in the game. Parry + No chip, easily the best defensive tools every given to a character in any game.

4. Ermac looks like he will play exactly like he did in MK9. Not even close...

5. Jumping will be death.

RIGHT ABOUT:

1. Mileena.
2. Sub Zero in the mid screen against people that know the MU.
3. Reptile Deceptive MB Invisibility
4. No traditional zoning, no character can win from projectiles alone.

THINGS I HOPE I AM RIGHT ABOUT DURING OUR SECOND YEAR:

1. Whiff punishing on pokes might become a thing.
2. As we get better, characters without decent mid options will find most MU's in the game increasingly difficult.
3. Anti Cross up D1's will become a standard.
4. Neutral crouching throws will also become a standard.
5. General punishment on those tricky MKX frames, of -9 to -11 etc.

Matix218

Get over here!
I was right about most things.

Erron Black being overrated
Vorah being top 5 without MKXL buffs but still getting them anyway because terribad community
GM Sub's corner game being wildly overrated
Cutthroat being Kano's best variation
Kobu Tanya not actually being OP, and that nerfing her pressure would make her one of the worst characters in the game
Crystalline Tremor still being fine in MKXL
Quan Chi being ridiculous and bad game design, took him being the #1 character for people to realise meterless HTB 50/50 vortex resets are not just offset by lack of armour
HQT Predator never being top 5
Cassie was OP as fuck (not anymore)
Hellfire was not underpowered after the first round of nerfs ("dead character bro")
Takeda was the worst character in the game (until he got his buffs)
Blood God being the KK variation to make the most noise competitively (everyone thought because he has big gimmicks, that he has nothing but gimmicks)
Covops Sonya being overrated as hell

And I bet I'm right about a lot of things still to be seen
Cutthroat was not the best until later patches.

GM sub has an amazing corner game.

Kobu Tanya was OP before the nerfs.

Matix218

Get over here!
Right: the run mechanic was going to lead to a purely rushdown/offensive style game where it is far to easy to close space.

Wrong: after the variation reveal for Lao I thought hat trick was going to be the strongest variation once people figured out really good setups with it.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
That joining the competitive side would be a cool experience. I can do without all the bitching but hey, it is what it is.
This is why I'm so apprehensive and wery of joining and eventually going to tournaments. It's seems so toxic and ill.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I was right about the basics of how the game would be played that it favors casuals more then ever before. Aslo how useless the other towers and kombat modes would be.

I was wrong about the support nrs would give the game. But it's only.been a year so the jury is still our on that one. Aslo how I knew they would put more guess characters in before classic characters. You watch. KP3 will have spawn or some shit before Noob Saibot.