What's new

What we all want to know about Cassie Cage

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
  1. Will she have a costume variation with the undercut? Cause what she has right now really isn't working for me.
  2. Nut punch and glow kicks?
I'm really excited to see what her move set is going to look like across all the 'variations' and what specials she'll have. There's no running, which means the gateway kick would be useless unless it somehow props up the other player towards you. Imagine this: nut punch CB into a pop-up.:cool:

Do you guys think her fighting style is going to be similar or not to MKX? Scorpion and Sub-zero look very different, but Raiden seems to be similar in a lot of ways so it could go either way or be a mix of both.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
She's the daughter of Johnny Cage, who is descended from a Mediterranean Cult who bred Warriors for the Gods, hence the superpowers. She inherited the same gifts.
Oh ok. Do Johnny and jade have the same powers? Kinda like sub zero having an Outworld bloodline.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Oh ok. Do Johnny and jade have the same powers? Kinda like sub zero having an Outworld bloodline.
Not exactly, no.

As Ronin said, Johnny is a descendant of a cult of warriors blessed by the gods which gave them special powers.

Jade, however, is an Edenian. Edenians have a natural affinity to magic, because they are direct descendants of gods themselves, which is also why they can live for millennia. The magic is different from person to person. For example, Kitana has wind-like abilities, Sindel can make super-sonic screams and fly, while Jade can infuse her body with some kind of kinetic energy which enhances her speed, giving her some extra power behind those glowing kicks of hers and making her move through projectiles without getting hurt.

The divine power Jade has inherited from the gods could however be alike the power Johnny's bloodline was blessed with, but there's no canon connection between them. Only speculation and theories.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Not exactly, no.

As Ronin said, Johnny is a descendant of a cult of warriors blessed by the gods which gave them special powers.

Jade, however, is an Edenian. Edenians have a natural affinity to magic, because they are direct descendants of gods themselves, which is also why they can live for millennia. The magic is different from person to person. For example, Kitana has wind-like abilities, Sindel can make super-sonic screams and fly, while Jade can infuse her body with some kind of kinetic energy which enhances her speed, giving her some extra power behind those glowing kicks of hers and making her move through projectiles without getting hurt.

The divine power Jade has inherited from the gods could however be alike the power Johnny's bloodline was blessed with, but there's no canon connection between them. Only speculation and theories.
Ahh ok

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Of all the characters that we know but have yet to see in gameplay, Cassie is absolutely the one i'm most looking forward to. She should obviously be pretty wildly different in 11, and judging by that glimpse we have of the customization screen seems like her guns will likely play a bigger role in her moveset than before.

Nutpunch is a must, it may have been in just one variation but it easily belongs to her just as much as johnny imo, and i really hope it's part of her core moveset this time around. Other than that and guns, it's hard to guess what else she'll keep or what all her new stuff will be. Personally i'd like to see more of her Brawler side, with the emphasis on takedowns and bone breaks and stuff, though that also does seem to be the direction they're continuing with Sonya, so maybe not......it's really hard to say at this point. I just need to see her so i can make my choice between her and skarlet >_>

She has longer hair here
So, i assume you can pick different hairstyles. What i truly want to know if you can change her body fat percentage, because she looks mad chubby right now. Her nose is not ideal either. I`m still gonna main her. Along with Reptile and that would be 2 monster characters.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Of all the characters that we know but have yet to see in gameplay, Cassie is absolutely the one i'm most looking forward to. She should obviously be pretty wildly different in 11, and judging by that glimpse we have of the customization screen seems like her guns will likely play a bigger role in her moveset than before.

Nutpunch is a must, it may have been in just one variation but it easily belongs to her just as much as johnny imo, and i really hope it's part of her core moveset this time around. Other than that and guns, it's hard to guess what else she'll keep or what all her new stuff will be. Personally i'd like to see more of her Brawler side, with the emphasis on takedowns and bone breaks and stuff, though that also does seem to be the direction they're continuing with Sonya, so maybe not......it's really hard to say at this point. I just need to see her so i can make my choice between her and skarlet >_>
Yeah, her brawler variation was my favourite! I hope they keep it.

This was also my #1 brutality in the whole game:

Damn! It was really satisfying.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I think I saw a picture with Cassie from behind and she had a ponytail. So either the hairstyle we saw during the BEHIND THE SCENES trailer was shorter on top with a mullet-like ponytail behind... or... she will have various hairstyles on her costumes. And an undercut might very well make a return then.

She is still fugly though. Needs some major reworking done on her. Bring on the cosmetic surgery.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think I saw a picture with Cassie from behind and she had a ponytail. So either the hairstyle we saw during the BEHIND THE SCENES trailer was shorter on top with a mullet-like ponytail behind... or... she will have various hairstyles on her costumes. And an undercut might very well make a return then.

She is still fugly though. Needs some major reworking done on her. Bring on the cosmetic surgery.
I mean, you remember what Supergirl looked like during the beta stages? Same shit, different game. They will re-work her because NRS does see people's reactions. Im confident she wont look like Ellen :)

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
She needs more green glow moves I think. Like they don't need to be shadow kick, but that power from the gods should be displayed more imo.
Her entire green nonsense needs to get retconned into oblivion.

That is one of my biggest gripes with the NRS stories in general - especially in their MK games. Whichever character has his or her chapter, is the most powerful being in the entire MK universe. That way you get someone like Kung Jin beating someone like Kotal Khan, who then during his chapter gets established as much more skilled and effective than people, who would whoop Kung Jins butt.

And then you have Cassie Cage, who - thanks to her green glow - manages to beat an amped up Elder God, who wields the most powerful weapon in the entire universe. That's a Mary Sue character profiting from horrible and lazy Deus Ex Machina. And how does she do it? Well, she is like the grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grandchild of some ancient green aztec warriors from Earthrealm or something. Don't think too much about it. Just roll with it.

That green glow power needs to be expanded on big time for me to take the story more seriouly. And her as a character.

Im confident she wont look like Ellen :)
Oh my gawd, she does look like a chubby Ellen Degenerate!

She needs more green glow moves I think. Like they don't need to be shadow kick, but that power from the gods should be displayed more imo.
The power of the god was such an asspull, that i hope they never mention it again. In a story mode, i mean.
But, yeah, having a green glow on your regular attacks isn`t the most exiting power to have in the first place. Johnny had clones in Stunt Double, so i hope she gets something different this time around. Especially, since Sonya already took all the gadgets for herself.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
oh, story wise it's stupid... I'm just saying I wanna see it more in her moveset because I felt like 1 (her bf4) was too few. Especially since she felt a lot more like sonya than johnny to me. (outside of 1 green move and nutpunch)

Plus, who knows... maybe in the story they could end up making the green power even more interesting lore wise.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Her entire green nonsense needs to get retconned into oblivion.

That is one of my biggest gripes with the NRS stories in general - especially in their MK games. Whichever character has his or her chapter, is the most powerful being in the entire MK universe. That way you get someone like Kung Jin beating someone like Kotal Khan, who then during his chapter gets established as much more skilled and effective than people, who would whoop Kung Jins butt.

And then you have Cassie Cage, who - thanks to her green glow - manages to beat an amped up Elder God, who wields the most powerful weapon in the entire universe. That's a Mary Sue character profiting from horrible and lazy Deus Ex Machina. And how does she do it? Well, she is like the grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grandchild of some ancient green aztec warriors from Earthrealm or something. Don't think too much about it. Just roll with it.

That green glow power needs to be expanded on big time for me to take the story more seriouly. And her as a character.

Oh my gawd, she does look like a chubby Ellen Degenerate!
You are sounding like the guy you go to the movies with and spends the whole movie saying to you "as if that would happen!", "That's so fake" , "they couldn't do that"

Relax... It is a story - not everything needs to be realistic.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Wait, there's a video where we can see Cassie's customization? But yeah I agree, I can't wait to see her in action :D I'm still going to main her no matter what.

She has longer hair here
So, i assume you can pick different hairstyles. What i truly want to know if you can change her body fat percentage, because she looks mad chubby right now. Her nose is not ideal either. I`m still gonna main her. Along with Reptile and that would be 2 monster characters.
Oh thank the Lord. LMAO. They always do this, remember the first version of Supergirl? She had some meat on her cheeks bruh it was BAD.

Yeah, her brawler variation was my favourite! I hope they keep it.

This was also my #1 brutality in the whole game:

Damn! It was really satisfying.
Agreed, that Brutality was one of my favorites. So cool to watch and do.

Oh yeah, major surgery at that. Why can't they just make her look like MKX?

Definitely, the glow kick ending a string was pretty cool but I'd like to see it as a special move and replace her getaway kick.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Are you sure? Lol.. I just looked it up and they are a very strict race from the order realm. Johnny taking a trip there could make for some interesting story lol.
Cage is just a decendant, as someone said before a mediterran cult who breed warriors, their race was destined to fight gods