What's new

What Villain Books Did You Like This Month?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I love Babs, I always have, I bought Year One twice for a reason. batgirl trashed all the development she got over the past 10 years hard. And once again Countdown sold well, Ultimates 3 sold well, Ultimatium sold well. Sales do not equal quality.
Well, I'm not here to try to change your opinion. What's your issue with it anyways? I've been following Batgirl for a long time too.

Reedoms

Noob
You sound like you're just bitter it's Barbara Gordon. And they have been well recieved. By fans & critics. And sales says plenty.
A good majority of those sales are the Gail Simone Defense Force who are buying the book solely because Simone is writing it. The book itself is awful and has no real direction other than "Barbara gets in a situation and remembers her injury" and "Barbara has to look smarter than everyone." Don't even get me started on the shoehorned tranny who literally just blurts it out after Babs says her brother is insane and people go on to say this is fantastic writing and the first transexual to be featured in comics ever. It baffles my mind how that book gets so many great cover artists as well.

On-topic, I found Sinestro, Black Adam, Manta and the Rogues issues to be the best of the best.

haketh

Noob
Well, I'm not here to try to change your opinion. What's your issue with it anyways? I've been following Batgirl for a long time too.
Pretty much what Reedroms just said, the book is very forced. nothing happens naturally or is paced well. We're constantly told Babs is this smart and collected person in the book when it's anything but. Everything seems designed to pander to the tumblr crowd adn this idealized version of Babs that never really existed. She's a grown woman who acts like a teenager and everything just so happens to work out for her.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Joker's Daughter.... BAHAHAHAHA I'm kidding that shit was awful.

Alright, if I'm only doing the reeeeally good ones:
  • Count Vertigo: Has literally only been in 2 comics and this was bloody well written, illustrated and is a good reboot of a character.
  • Deadshot: Is Deadshot. Very difficult for me not to like it even if it wasn't such a really well written issue.
  • Black Manta: We all love Manta.
  • The Riddler: Riddler storiers are generally the best, but this one oozed character.
  • The Court of Owls: Loved the arc in general, so anything that fleshes it out is pretty damn good.
  • Arcane: It doesn't get writtten, thought out or illustrated much better than this. But you have to care about Swamp Thing for it to be relevant.
  • The Rogues: I don't even need to say anything... The Flash is a solid book and the Rogues are perhaps the best part of it.
  • Cheetah: While it kinda took place outside of everything, it was still pretty damn solid
Honorable mention to the First Born, but they should of held some of it back for the main WW series... it's just so damn beautiful art wise.