What's new

Question - Alien What variation is everyone using after the patch? And Why?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I'm still using Tarkatan when I play Alien. Really, just because I enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy the other two, so I don't see a point in me playing them.
Tarkatan is definitely the most fun, but I think Acidic is probably the best now :/ I can't really speak on Konjurer. I've created some neato setups, but I don't know how applicable they are yet.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Hes not bad, but theres no reason to use the rekkas now which makes the variation is pointless. You dont even have to OS the rekkas, you can flat out armor through em all . They are more negative on every ender for full combo punish, and u can poke out/duck the grab ender which is the only one u get damage from. Rip
I heard something about delaying the last hit making them better, but then you have a SUPER fat gap.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I still think Tarkatan is better than Konjurer. The high damage resets ppl keep talking about rely too much on previous setup, and your opponent still has plenty of options to escape. And Konjurer has the worst pressure of the 3 IMO.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I use konjurer because simply its the most fun. I use em all tbh but i usually just go konjurer. its also the best one so yeah. P.S acidic zoning is overrated af. Against even kitana fans, you arent gonna win that fullscreen battle. Even kenjutsu does better. Acidic is at its best in the corner
I use Acidic for space control. Zoning is dead in MK X, too many fighters have a teleport or some anti-zoning tool.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I still think Tarkatan is better than Konjurer. The high damage resets ppl keep talking about rely too much on previous setup, and your opponent still has plenty of options to escape. And Konjurer has the worst pressure of the 3 IMO.
This is where I'm at with Konjurer.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
All 3 variations get the same damage universally speaking. Not with thier respective toolsets but just bnbs. Actually tarkatan has the worst damage of them all. Konjurer has multiple mid screen 40% combos. The facehuggers aren't as hard to setup as you think. 1 touch and you get a safe setup into a hard to block able. Easy to get out of? How? Midscreen after a 112 Egg call u can't wakeup. You can't jump or backdash(unless u are kano) and even still u get caught by b3 which connects with facehugger. Ending in f134 egg after bnb leaves you save and they have to block the egg. Tarkatan pressure is pretty much dead they dont have to respect anything. Your pressure in tark is ALL unsafe with rekkas. Full combo punished for using a special designed for the character to use? No thanks. I understand everyone leans more towards tark and acidic becsuse they are probably easier to play, but if you haven't completely mastered and understand each variation you probably wont get why i think konjurer is the best. Hell konjurer gets 67% total damage off of a HTB after getting 37% without the facehugger 1 bar midscreen. It's also easy as hell to do. In terms of pressure, konjurer still has f134 xx tail flip / snag. And if u wanna mix it up u can do drone drop. It has a gap yes but its the safest pressure/mix up outta all the variations.

EDIT: Not to mention once a fh is out and the oppenent is next to you after a 112, if you do f4, b3, tail snag ect, you are safe 100% unless they armor through you

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Just a question, why is Tarkatan so much fun? Isn't it just rekka pressure ala Tanya? From someone who doesn't play alien, konjurer looks the most fun.

x TeeJay o

This is where I'm at with Konjurer.
You don't need the previous setup to get damage. You can get 35% off of 1 bnb INTO an egg setup. Thats what makes it crazy. Once you get the egg setup they literally have to block F4 xx Tail Snag in order not to get caught by facehugger. Normally you would be full combo punished, but the FH leaves you at 0. IMO that's way better than hanging myself with using rekkas

x TeeJay o

Just a question, why is Tarkatan so much fun? Isn't it just rekka pressure ala Tanya? From someone who doesn't play alien, konjurer looks the most fun.
Tark is the most boring to me. Even when he first released i said plenty of times i was bored playing tark. Probably because i didn't really have to think while playing i just b3 into rekkas midscreen or any string xx rekkas and was safe pretty much all game. It got stale so i moved to konjurer and that was before they nerfed the rekkas.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Konjurer is the best, even though the patch literally did nothing for him but fix a glitch and I think it wasn't the major glitch. But acidic is really just a gimmick variation.