What's new

Question - Alien What variation is everyone using after the patch? And Why?

omooba

fear the moobs
shoulda made a poll. and i use mostly acidic unless fighting someone with shitty armor then i'll go tarkatan. if they finally take out option selects would get deeper into tarkatan.

Last edited:

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
shoulda made a poll. and i use mostly acidic unless fighting someone with shitty armor then i'll go tarkatan. if they finally took out option selects would get deeper into tarkatan.
Initially, I was going to make a poll, but I was curious what everyone's reasoning was. Thanks for the input.

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
I'm still using Tarkatan when I play Alien. Really, just because I enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy the other two, so I don't see a point in me playing them.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You can zone tarkatan to death,so Acidic seems the best option.

portent

Noob
I'm still using Tarkatan because I just prefer the variation. I've been labbing acidic and it's just nowhere near as fun as Tarkatan. I still think Tarkatan needs some of his old dirt back, but I'm willing to grind it out because acidic is just not as fun for me.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Acidic for characters I can zone out or that have bad pokes.

Tarkatan for anyone that has bad/mediocre armor.

Konjurer for maybe Kitana and Pretty Lady.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Nobody can fully keep out any variation of Alien due to EX Pounce, Krawl, Low Scoop, and J4. But Kitana, Predator and Quan due a pretty decent job of controlling the space vs Alien.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Nobody can fully keep out any variation of Alien due to EX Pounce, Krawl, Low Scoop, and J4. But Kitana, Predator and Quan due a pretty decent job of controlling the space vs Alien.
Mournful Kitana, HQT Pred, Shinnok, Pretty Lady Says Hi. Lol

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

I use konjurer because simply its the most fun. I use em all tbh but i usually just go konjurer. its also the best one so yeah. P.S acidic zoning is overrated af. Against even kitana fans, you arent gonna win that fullscreen battle. Even kenjutsu does better. Acidic is at its best in the corner

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I secondary konjurer because he is the most fun to play. I think he is the worst variation but still good with interesting set ups.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I mentioned Kitana and Predator as being good at controlling, so in that we agree.

Pretty Lady's zoning style seems to be similar to Kitana's, so it could also potentially be a problem. I have almost no MU experience here so I can't say too much.

For Shinnok, Alien can use the armor OS with EX Pounce or EX Low Scoop to punish Hellsparks at all ranges except for max. If Shinnok chooses to MB the last Hellspark, Alien takes the hit and punishes. If Shinnok chooses to do nothing, he still gets punished by EX Pounce/Low Scoop except at max range. This forces Shinnok to MB the second Hellspark more often in order to be safe if Alien has a bar. Other characters like Jax, Sub Zero, Reptile and Liu Kang have been doing this for months.

x TeeJay o

I mentioned Kitana and Predator as being good at controlling, so in that we agree.

Pretty Lady's zoning style seems to be similar to Kitana's, so it could also potentially be a problem. I have almost no MU experience here so I can't say too much.

For Shinnok, Alien can use the armor OS with EX Pounce or EX Low Scoop to punish Hellsparks at all ranges except for max. If Shinnok chooses to MB the last Hellspark, Alien takes the hit and punishes. If Shinnok chooses to do nothing, he still gets punished by EX Pounce/Low Scoop except at max range. This forces Shinnok to MB the second Hellspark more often in order to be safe if Alien has a bar. Other characters like Jax, Sub Zero, Reptile and Liu Kang have been doing this for months.
Hmmm i did not know he could tail snag hell sparks. Interesting. Even still at full screen or even mid, wont hellsparks be a pain? Also theres no reason to ever EX tail snag because it woukd just give shinnok space. Same with EX pounce

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Hellsparks is a pain for everyone, it's a really good move. Having that armor OS with long range armor moves is super important vs Shinnok though. It forces them to spend bar on keeping themselves safe, which kills his damage, wakeup options and pressure.

EX Pounce is better than EX Low Scoop because of the knockdown advantage and the positioning it leaves you at. However, EX Low Scoop will hit at a farther range than EX Pounce, so it's a better option at far range when you are unsure if EX Pounce will hit. Don't want to waste a bar for nothing.

x TeeJay o

Really? I haven't really heard much about how much his nerfs changed him. Is he still good or nah?
Hes not bad, but theres no reason to use the rekkas now which makes the variation is pointless. You dont even have to OS the rekkas, you can flat out armor through em all . They are more negative on every ender for full combo punish, and u can poke out/duck the grab ender which is the only one u get damage from. Rip

x TeeJay o

Hellsparks is a pain for everyone, it's a really good move. Having that armor OS with long range armor moves is super important vs Shinnok though. It forces them to spend bar on keeping themselves safe, which kills his damage, wakeup options and pressure.

EX Pounce is better than EX Low Scoop because of the knockdown advantage and the positioning it leaves you at. However, EX Low Scoop will hit at a farther range than EX Pounce, so it's a better option at far range when you are unsure if EX Pounce will hit. Don't want to waste a bar for nothing.
the hellsparks are only punishable if he uses them sweep or super close which almost no shinnok does if they are trying to zone u out. At midscreen you are screwed unless u use konjurer