What's new

What the hell is the point of the new move?

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
Scorpion's always had cool stuff in his bag, i mean besides mk11 imo, he was amazing style, and gameplay wise.

So...this new string? A new variation of F3? With F3, 4 now being a mid, mid that is safe?

Asscheeks, dookie.

It is a fully gappable string, and the only move that can be done after hit is bf2. It is safe, but that's about it. Yes, some kameos can extend off it, but even then? Scaled damage. Other moves actually have less damage scaling.

The hell is the point of it's existence?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Special cancellable mid ender to his mid/high string with lots of hit advantage, much more than 333. Maybe useful for combos, hitting the unblockable or special cancelling into a kameo setup. I feel like I'd be pretty happy as a Scorpion main there's a good bit to work with here

CanoCano

Noob
He did need a Mid-Mid string for pressure for sure, that was the point of adding this new string
But it got fumbled so bad

CanoCano

Noob
Special cancellable mid ender to his mid/high string with lots of hit advantage, much more than 333. Maybe useful for combos, hitting the unblockable or special cancelling into a kameo setup. I feel like I'd be pretty happy as a Scorpion main there's a good bit to work with here
F34 into Ground Fire is minus or punisheable on hit btw, and Kameo setups he could do just fine with F32 or anything into Spear, he has better combo starters and enders
All they had to do was not give it a gap and/or make it comboable into Spear but as it this move is near useless

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
F34 into Ground Fire is minus or punisheable on hit btw, and Kameo setups he could do just fine with F32 or anything into Spear, he has better combo starters and enders
All they had to do was not give it a gap and/or make it comboable into Spear but as it this move is near useless

But this is an additional move to his toolset. F32 may be fine for stuff but F34 is special cancellable/has way more hit advantage after a spear restand. I expect people to find good stuff with it in the setup realm. I know it's armorable but actually giving you some mixups on the string with the special cancel and the safety should give Scorpion extra juice to squeeze.

I think Scorpion players have been calling for F32 to not be a high but that never really sounded like compelling gameplay, this addresses the issue of his mid pressure option being underwhelming and should provide extra dirt

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This honestly isn’t a very good string. At first I was excited about having a mid after f3, it’s something I’ve been wanting. But the fact that it also has a punishable gap really is annoying. Why in the world would they do that? Spear doesn’t connect after it, so on block and on hit it being special cancelable is pretty pointless.

Also, why did he not get any other buffs? Meanwhile Rain and Reptile got new moves AND a bunch of buffs.

Not going to say why I think he didn’t get many changes. Because it’s just speculation at the end of the day. It’s just annoying to finally play Scorpion in a game where I believe maining him from the rip would pay off once he got buffed since he’s finally low tier. Only for him to not receive any for no known reason. Smh

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
I've labbed with others online, the damage is actually not better then 2,1, ender of your choice.
I am happy, but outside kombat leauge, this move is super beatable and many players already know after day 1 that this shit is faker then local singles in my area, unfortunately.

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
This honestly isn’t a very good string. At first I was excited about having a mid after f3, it’s something I’ve been wanting. But the fact that it also has a punishable gap really is annoying. Why in the world would they do that? Spear doesn’t connect after it, so on block and on hit it being special cancelable is pretty pointless.

Also, why did he not get any other buffs? Meanwhile Rain and Reptile got new moves AND a bunch of buffs.

Not going to say why I think he didn’t get many changes. Because it’s just speculation at the end of the day. It’s just annoying to finally play Scorpion in a game where I believe maining him from the rip would pay off once he got buffed since he’s finally low tier. Only for him to not receive any for no known reason. Smh
I still think to this day part of me is like "the character made a top 8 at a regional, even with khamelon, that takes work. It isn't the character, it's just me." But on the other hand, no safe mid string that does NOT have a gap is wild. Giving this character just one conditioning tool besides the risk of f3 into 2, or now 4, would actually do wonders.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I think it's probably decent to have, but for a new move being added it does feel somewhat underwhelming for it just be a very standard move that he probs should have always had, rather than a brand new move that changes their style. Like the Reptile drop cancel and giving him a projectile. Whereas this just makes Scorp a tiny bit better by giving an extra option.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Scorpion was already better then rain and reptile pre patch, he didn't need as much help. He was just kind of limited on what kameos he could run because his mid was really risky to use if you didn't have a team that made chain spin safe. Now he has a real mid option to play mind games whiff. The reason it doesn't give you a great confirm after is because if it did, then there would be 0 reason to ever use f32.