What's new

Question What should I know about Reptile?

gunterxc

WOOLAY
bummer... but for the njp combo, practice practice practice! I used to have trouble but i can literally do it with my eyes closed now. Don't give up!
yeah, i know. i didn't expect to get it right off the bat. on the upside, i can nail most of his other combos though. but the NJP will be the bane of my existance

gunterxc

WOOLAY
Well, I played Reptile for a bit and I had no idea what I was doing for the most part. Didn't win one match.

oh well

No you can't combo off of that mid screen
Actually you can. It's really wonky but go into practice and do f2b1 slide, it whiffs but puts you in a weird spot and if you are fast enough doing it again the slide actually connects. There are prob more ways to set it up, its useless but it works.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
A lot of people are talking about dash, but forceballs are just as important. Your forceballs really set up your dashes. ITs hard to explain without going into detail, but once you get your opponent respecting a fast forceball, you can put a slow forceball on the screen and at certin ranges they cannot react quickly enough to get around it, therefore opening them up for a whiffed elbow dash into a blockstring. Reps bigggest strength imo is that using his forceballs, his acid spit, his d4, and his elbow dash he can really control most other characters movement. Plus his oki game is ridiculous.

Actually you can. It's really wonky but go into practice and do f2b1 slide, it whiffs but puts you in a weird spot and if you are fast enough doing it again the slide actually connects. There are prob more ways to set it up, its useless but it works.
Oh lol my bad, i guess you can, but even if a f2b1 lands, I'd rather throw a force ball or something lol

gunterxc

WOOLAY
A lot of people are talking about dash, but forceballs are just as important. Your forceballs really set up your dashes. ITs hard to explain without going into detail, but once you get your opponent respecting a fast forceball, you can put a slow forceball on the screen and at certin ranges they cannot react quickly enough to get around it, therefore opening them up for a whiffed elbow dash into a blockstring. Reps bigggest strength imo is that using his forceballs, his acid spit, his d4, and his elbow dash he can really control most other characters movement. Plus his oki game is ridiculous.
i like to believe i make good use of forceballs and whatnot, but i don't know what it is but i can never get off a combo or anything. I'm not sure how to explain it, but most reptile players I see are ... "fast" and I'm "slow"

yeah, i know. i didn't expect to get it right off the bat. on the upside, i can nail most of his other combos though. but the NJP will be the bane of my existance
Hey homey, I don't know if it would be more helpful to see it then to read about it... its on PS3 but should still apply to Xbox

gunterxc

WOOLAY
Hey homey, I don't know if it would be more helpful to see it then to read about it... its on PS3 but should still apply to Xbox
a couple hours ago i just started to be able to pull it off consistently offline. pulling it off online, on the other hand, is a different story... since i suck lol.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i like to believe i make good use of forceballs and whatnot, but i don't know what it is but i can never get off a combo or anything. I'm not sure how to explain it, but most reptile players I see are ... "fast" and I'm "slow"
i know exactly what you mean,i dip in and out playing with reptile and i think the thing is to remember that you cant play at a 1000 miles an hour with him against everyone.i think the best thing about playing reptile is remembering that he has so many ways to end combo's and to remember that the best thing about hitting a dash is to get a forceball on screen for pressure.i also find it really difficult to play patiently with reptile when needed,im sick of dashing into liu kangs low fireballs lol.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i know exactly what you mean,i dip in and out playing with reptile and i think the thing is to remember that you cant play at a 1000 miles an hour with him against everyone.i think the best thing about playing reptile is remembering that he has so many ways to end combo's and to remember that the best thing about hitting a dash is to get a forceball on screen for pressure.i also find it really difficult to play patiently with reptile when needed,im sick of dashing into liu kangs low fireballs lol.
you gotta get a read on the liu kangs pattern and jump when u think he's gonna low fireball, dash if u think its gonna be an air fireball. Theres also Ex Slide if u want to get in too. Also once u get out a slow EX forceball thats the time to make your way in as well.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
you gotta get a read on the liu kangs pattern and jump when u think he's gonna low fireball, dash if u think its gonna be an air fireball. Theres also Ex Slide if u want to get in too. Also once u get out a slow EX forceball thats the time to make your way in as well.
i know man,its just irritating.when i play reptile i just want to control the entire match and pressure constantly,thats why im shit at mk,i have no patience for footsies or spacing whatsoever.lol

Axel_Redd

i know man,its just irritating.when i play reptile i just want to control the entire match and pressure constantly,thats why im shit at mk,i have no patience for footsies or spacing whatsoever.lol
lol, just take a deep breath and calmly assess the situation. A lot of reptiles footsies involve d4 and his dash, as well as his ex forceballs. Footsies with reptile would be something like, say u get the life lead with reptile right?, then u act like your going to keep tryin to zone and make the opponent come to you, but instead of doing that, all of a sudden out of nowhere u just elbow dash forward and go straight into pressure or his d4 game.

Axel_Redd

I know how to play reptile at a high lvl, unfortunately i don't know how to play all his MU's at a high lvl, thats goes for pretty much most of my characters. Being stuck with online only and only 1 friend who plays mk kinda makes it hard. lol

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I know how to play reptile at a high lvl, unfortunately i don't know how to play all his MU's at a high lvl, thats goes for pretty much most of my characters. Being stuck with online only and only 1 friend who plays mk kinda makes it hard. lol
yeah i know what you mean,tbh i'll only play online these days if people i know are on.i just cant stomach the ranked randoms anymore with there random bullshit,then they wont play you again if they snake a win off you and send you a vile message.