What's new

What other communities think about mk/injustice community

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
After serious contemplation, I really don't give a fuck...like at all. It's funny cuz they're prolly all nerdy ass kids who haven't done much besides play video games in their parent's basement. While I'm over here trying to juggle military, civilian life, work, and Injustice and getting better and better by the day. They go go play their gay ass games, additionally they can suck my dick

Flagg

Noob
Despite fighting games being my favourite ever, my all time fave competitive games were the original Dawn of War series for the PC, a futuristic RTS game. Yeah you had trolls in the online chat still, but the community itself were really mature and really discected the game.And yes, the DOW games had GameSpy as well, but no way did they complain about it to the degree the MK community did. That said, GameSpy sucks and my heart sunk when I first got MK and learned that GameSpy were in charge of the servers for that game.

Like all games, DOW had broken shit, mainly the Eldar race, but it didn't mean you couldn't fight against them with the other races or armies, you just had to adjust your tech trees and strategy accordingly.

I do think the community here is somewhat immature. Im not sure if that is a staple of fgc's in general, as I think things like CoD are a million times worse than anything ive encountered online.

NRS it would seem are patching this game way too soon, too early, and like MK, once this game really evolves and in two years time when there really is broken crap, it wont be patched. I would hate to think that NRS actually take everything from TYM as gospel.

well what do they expect?

New string of games with a NEW community. There are gonna be NEW people who need to be taught by the elite here the correct/best game mentality.

you don't think they whined back in the day?

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Coulda sworn everyone learned this lesson in Junior High. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks about anything. Be your own man, and enjoy what you enjoy.
That's a cute sentiment, but ultimately will not serve the community well if we want to move forward. Perception matters.

Ghosty™

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i like how people get defensive and call em virgins who live in their mothers basement when theyre exposing for being crybabies and making what they say true.

just dont give a fuck, someone on the internet said bad words

so wut nikkas.

aj1701

Noob
It doesn't matter how "other communities" see us when we talk about how our game is played. How would they know if we are right or wrong? They know even less about our game..
I think you miss their point; instead of sucking it up and figuring out what works, this community mostly cries and whines about they don't like.

Instead of billions of posts discussing what needs to change, how about posts figuring out how to get around things or make a character work? Or even a dispassionate (not ranting) explanation of why a character isn't worth investing time in (after a fair shake, not two days).

They just look like more of those "YOU NEED TO ADAPT FGT" elitist pricks that are too scared to even enter the area of thought that something might need nerfing lest they be labeled a scrub(which is a retarded word, BTW).

I just have to shake my head at their idiocy when I read posts like:

"Do you know how long it took to come up with anti-Wesker strategies? A VERY looooooong time. It seemed like a year before anybody knew what to do about Wesker. But that was just because everybody said "fuck it"... and just picked Wesker since they got three characters anyway."

Seriously? You guys thought that was just fine? A character that apparently just dominates everything doesn't need any nerfing at all? No tweaking, no fixing? We all just need to "get better" while we let one character run train for a year.
Fuck you.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
They just look like more of those "YOU NEED TO ADAPT FGT" elitist pricks that are too scared to even enter the area of thought that something might need nerfing lest they be labeled a scrub(which is a retarded word, BTW).

I just have to shake my head at their idiocy when I read posts like:

"Do you know how long it took to come up with anti-Wesker strategies? A VERY looooooong time. It seemed like a year before anybody knew what to do about Wesker. But that was just because everybody said "fuck it"... and just picked Wesker since they got three characters anyway."

Seriously? You guys thought that was just fine? A character that apparently just dominates everything doesn't need any nerfing at all? No tweaking, no fixing? We all just need to "get better" while we let one character run train for a year.
Fuck you.
Lol at you thinking it took a year. And where is Wesker now??? good? yes... not even top 5 on any tier list worth thinking about (a lot not even top 10) so absolutely he DIDN'T need nerfed. and was proven to be so. so what should Capcom have done? nerf him until people actually got good at the game then buffed him back to his normal? please. if something is broken fix it. but when people say you need more practice unfortunately we get these remarks. if that someone who says you need more practice didn't offer anything else i'm sorry they perhaps should've. but really sometimes that's the answer. you need to practice. most of it is practicing defense. you kinda proved something saying that wesker was someone who needed nerfed. he's one of the most fair characters in UMVC3 lawlz

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Lol at you thinking it took a year. And where is Wesker now??? good? yes... not even top 5 on any tier list worth thinking about (a lot not even top 10) so absolutely he DIDN'T need nerfed. and was proven to be so. so what should Capcom have done? nerf him until people actually got good at the game then buffed him back to his normal? please. if something is broken fix it. but when people say you need more practice unfortunately we get these remarks. if that someone who says you need more practice didn't offer anything else i'm sorry they perhaps should've. but really sometimes that's the answer. you need to practice. most of it is practicing defense. you kinda proved something saying that wesker was someone who needed nerfed. he's one of the most fair characters in UMVC3 lawlz
dude we dont care about mash happy 3 gtfo lol

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I have a dream, developers release perfectly balanced games where buffs/nerfs/patches are not needed. But alas, it's only a dream.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
dude we dont care about mash happy 3 gtfo lol
I hear you. I was just responding to a point made. If someone thinks wesker needed nerfed in umvc3 then I would probably not take any balance change suggestions from them seriously.

Where, at any point in my post, did *I* say it took a year?
That is a verbatim copy/paste of someone's post from SRK.

I don't know Marvel. Don't claim to. So I'll just have to take the word of one who is so "enlightened" that you can simply "adapt" to anything and everything.

Jon Berg

Noob
That's a cute sentiment, but ultimately will not serve the community well if we want to move forward. Perception matters.

Ghosty™

In what way does it matter?

So a little back story. This is my first fighting game. I come from a very competitive background in Dota/dota2 and HoN. Played at a high level. The Dota and League community situation eerily mirrors the Capcom/NRS one. The fact of the matter is you are playing a video game, and the bottom line is whether you enjoy it or not. Both communities can, and will exist regardless of what animosity they may have towards each other, and its MUCH worse in MOBAS. There's no reason to give a quarter of a fuck what another group of people thinks about your hobby no more so than it matters what a stranger thinks of the car you drive or how you dress. Kinda like you shouldn't care that I think finishing every post of yours with your own name and trademark next to it is tacky as fuck.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Where, at any point in my post, did *I* say it took a year?
That is a verbatim copy/paste of someone's post from SRK.

I don't know Marvel. Don't claim to. So I'll just have to take the word of one who is so "enlightened" that you can simply "adapt" to anything and everything.
fair enough that you didn't say that. but you agreed with the point. which is a ludicrous point. but since you didn't know then that's ok. what i'm saying for you then was that wesker is a character that after time became solid but not overpowering. Capcom didn't patch and stayed the course. and it was figured out that he has weaknesses... major ones... but hear ppl scream DS is too cheap I can't do anything YARARRRRR! and NRS nerfed him. unwarranted. now it wasn't that big of a nerf so no major harm done but really DS wasn't even top 5 before the patch.... just seemed needless. but ppl didn't want to "level up" and figure away around it. most people weren't even complaining about good DS zoners but just the spammers and they lacked the experience (and the will to get it) to counter someone doing the same moves over again. it's just silly.