What's new

What other communities think about mk/injustice community

gdf

Noob
It doesn't matter what they say. They aren't paying for our entry fees, they aren't going out to support community events, and to be honest there are more important things to talk about than other communities' skills in fighting games(I don't mean this thread, just their opinion of the NRS community).

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I haven't posted in a while. I do have to say that I don't care but there was a point. I posting as much because of the constant cry of NERF NERF NERF!!! It started with Deathstoke and just continued. And NRS actually nerfed him!!! I didn't play DS but never had a problem with him. Never lost a match to him. Now the nerf was small but honestly it was completely unwarranted. There does seem to be a lot of people who just fail to level up there game and if they can't beat something in a day scream for nerfs. SRK still has some but I was completely taken off guard by the amount that was here. I hope it's died down some. I didn't even think Scorpion was that big of a problem. (though I understand some of the changes but some seemed harsh) I recently moved and will back online for some matches soon so hope to see ya'll there!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
They bring up a valid point that our community leaders are some of the ones crying the loudest for nerfs and bans. An outside observer is going to determine that either (1) NRS can't make a balanced game to save their lives, or (2) our best players are whiny bitches. Should we be embarrassed? Yeah, I think we should.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So the apologist consensus of this thread is to not care about Injustice's image at EVO in the eyes of the rest of the FGC?

Gee, that turned around quickly. What happened? :rolleyes:
Yea but by posting this you are being just like them. Looking at it from the outside and making bullshit observations to negatively attack the community regardless of the outcome. The community spoke out on scorpion cause of a vast majority having concerns. It was dealt with (albeit not in the best way) and now we are returning to a state of less turmoil as we await the biggest showing of our game to date. People will always associate our community negatively, so why should we care when its going to happen no matter what.

Our community and all the others as well are littered with two faced people. If something goes one way, they attack that point with a retrospect in their favor. If it goes another, then they use another stance. Its impossible to win.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I'm a member of both. I haven't been to SRK recently because so far ChrisG killed marvel lol. They have their crybabies there too but its still worse here. There's another thread going right now of nerf cries. It saddens me...

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I remember people hating on MK9 when it first came to Evo. And mostly everybody was glued to their seats to the very end.
mk9 also "died" ( I know not completely) rather quickly. I whole heartedly believe it was all the nerfs and "hot" patches NRS did to make a lot of babies happy. and it's the babies that aren't going to continue to breathe life in a FG. the babies will cry no matter what.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
mk9 also "died" ( I know not completely) rather quickly. I whole heartedly believe it was all the nerfs and "hot" patches NRS did to make a lot of babies happy. and it's the babies that aren't going to continue to breathe life in a FG. the babies will cry no matter what.
Being at Evo 3 times in a row IMO is a fantastic life span. Keep in mind MK9 had to compete w/very new, hot FGs along the way. Overall, yes, it would have had a much longer lifespan w/out patches every 39 seconds but still a very respectable lifespan. It lasted longer than MvC3 Vanilla and many other games that don't get shit for patching and then charging $50

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Being at Evo 3 times in a row IMO is a fantastic life span. Keep in mind MK9 had to compete w/very new, hot FGs along the way. Overall, yes, it would have had a much longer lifespan w/out patches every 39 seconds but still a very respectable lifespan. It lasted longer than MvC3 Vanilla and many other games that don't get shit for patching and then charging $50
agree. but I consider UMVC3 just a patched version of MVC and same goes for different editions of SF, which both are still going strong with one update a year. not one a month with unwarranted balance changes. I just really like injustice and don't want to see it go down the same road as MK

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yea but by posting this you are being just like them. Looking at it from the outside and making bullshit observations to negatively attack the community regardless of the outcome. The community spoke out on scorpion cause of a vast majority having concerns. It was dealt with (albeit not in the best way) and now we are returning to a state of less turmoil as we await the biggest showing of our game to date. People will always associate our community negatively, so why should we care when its going to happen no matter what.

Our community and all the others as well are littered with two faced people. If something goes one way, they attack that point with a retrospect in their favor. If it goes another, then they use another stance. Its impossible to win.
Well I did stress this beforehand, but if you're saying you've taken something from the debacle and have a different outlook from here on out, then that's fine, all due respect from me. I learned this lesson during the online UMK3 era when people looking from the outside in merely retorted with equally busted games like Super Turbo and MVC2.

Just be warned, when Kabal 2.0. actually happens in Injustice, I'm going to have a field day. :)

agree. but I consider UMVC3 just a patched version of MVC and same goes for different editions of SF, which both are still going strong with one update a year. not one a month with unwarranted balance changes. I just really like injustice and don't want to see it go down the same road as MK
Agreed. I would rather they just do an update every year as opposed to using all their free patches in the first six months, then can't afford to make another one. Umk9 really would have done wonders. But I also agree mk9 is doing ok for not being patched in 2 years.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Of course IGAU won't go down the same path. MK9 was a game that had nostalgia written all over it and everybody born in the 80s flocked to it. They happened to also make a very good game. IGAU is constantly compared to marvel/sf/mk when it shouldn't be. It is it's own game. SF and marvel are not compared to each other and shouldn't be. It's a new game, w/it's own unique elements and anything new that SRK isn't familiar w/ (unless the japanese tell them to like it and the puppets obey), they will shit on. Ultimately, I love SF to death but the overall community, for all the sites, gets on my nerves. I happen to enjoy both games and I play, it's just something you have to tolerate

This is what I think.
Call of Duty players play their game(s) well
Halo players play their game(s) well
Madden players play their game(s)well
NCAA players play their game(s) well
MK community play their game(s) well
Capcom community play their game(s) well

What Im saying is that we shouldn't concern ourselves with comparing ourselves to other communities. Neither is better than the other. I suck so bad at MVC even when I did try to learn it but I love watching it being played at a high level. I like watching MK/Injustice being played at a high level also. I think that many people just struggle at learning other games or even just being able to get into it so they say ''this game sucks.'' and blab about everything that they thinks make it a bad game and go back to what they are good at. All communities do that. There is really no point in worrying.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Of course IGAU won't go down the same path. MK9 was a game that had nostalgia written all over it and everybody born in the 80s flocked to it. They happened to also make a very good game. IGAU is constantly compared to marvel/sf/mk when it shouldn't be. It is it's own game. SF and marvel are not compared to each other and shouldn't be. It's a new game, w/it's own unique elements and anything new that SRK isn't familiar w/ (unless the japanese tell them to like it and the puppets obey), they will shit on. Ultimately, I love SF to death but the overall community, for all the sites, gets on my nerves. I happen to enjoy both games and I play, it's just something you have to tolerate
Absolutely! I never got the comparisons from IGAU to anything. I just don't want monthly nerfs to come out. Balancing is needed sure but NRS seems to do it haphazardly. I hope they stay the course a little better from here on.