What's new

Question What makes MK9 stand out?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Just a quick question, if you don't mind, when you say "MK9 ogs" are you using that term sarcastically to refer to ppl like Mikemetroid and xKhaoTik, or are you referring to the real MK9 ogs like PL, REO, Pig, and Tom who have recently criticized MKX's meta and balance during Pig's stream/podcast(more so Tom and PL on the balance point)?
The latter.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Congrats on placing with a top tier character.

10/10 tier list argument. Would've been 1/10, but the butthurt is a nice addition.
You're also one of the worst people i've played in the shinnok match. I'm not going to listen to someone who has no idea how to fight the character. It sounds like someone else is butthurt lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I literally said in my first post that i like mk9 more. All i'm regulating is the top tiers are worse than in mk9 argument. It's bullshit made up by a group of sore losers.
Top tiers in Mkx and mk9 are probably similar as they are in inj

It's top being top tier

This game is more evenly balanced but a S-tier vs low tier is same as all the others

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Or...your discrediting good points by smart people in order to backdoor give yourself props
None of their points are good. How can any person say that mk9 kenshi, kabal and cyrax are more fair than the top tiers in this game? It's batshit crazy and makes no sense. In terms of props, it's actually the ogs that are trying to give themselves props by saying that mk9 was more balanced. I love the game, but there is no way it was more balanced.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
None of their points are good. How can any person say that mk9 kenshi, kabal and cyrax are more fair than the top tiers in this game? It's batshit crazy and makes no sense. In terms of props, it's actually the ogs that are trying to give themselves props by saying that mk9 was more balanced. I love the game, but there is no way it was more balanced.
Who said that?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Top tiers in Mkx and mk9 are probably similar as they are in inj

It's top being top tier

This game is more evenly balanced but a S-tier vs low tier is same as all the others
No, the low tiers in mk9 had absolutely no chance. Jade and stryker would not have been able to place consistently. the low tiers in mkx, while bad, have a better chance.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Well guess there's is more love for the game then I thought.

Anyway here's the info everyone needs/wants.

Pros & people with great insight & knowledge to MK9 can discuss balance here:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal-kombat-9-trilogy-edition-mod-discussion-currently-on-version-1-50.58263/

For the people looking to play MK9:TE, just go to NSR's youtube channel (Futuretime23 is the name) & you'll find the download link in a video for the game (version 1.50 is what your looking for).

Require system to play:

PC
Custom Firmware PS3

No 360.
:(

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes, you are explaining everything that makes cage cage. I fail to see what is so broken though. Listen, I don't expect people to go back to this game, but if they did go back cage would not be viable with the nerfs in that patch. I guarantee you he would not be a viable competitive character. No one would win anything with him. People would most likely just drop him and not play him. Cage NEEDS his pressure. Like I said, is it annoying to deal with, especially if you're a lower level player? Yes. Is it broken? No. And if it isn't broken, it shouldn't be fixed.
Cage would still be super viable. Having a string like that is actually super good. Nothing about it was unsafe, and you had to react to a fast normal that had fast recovery. Cage blew up characters with that stuff if they didn't have armor (which can't be added), and it wasn't like he got obliterated by anyone not Kabal or Kenshi, who are notably worse. I'm sure the EX forceball change will be reverted, but even then, he's not going to be useless. Not by a long shot.

Tekken has historically been really balanced
This is actually false. Tekken, until DR, was imbalanced as hell, and actually had some pretty broken characters. And even after DR, vanilla 6 and vanilla TTT2 existed and were pretty silly, too.

THTB

Let's see here 16 bit, pl, pig, Reo, Dave, sonic, Maxter, cd, cd Jr, j360, chris G, slayer,
Forever King , King Jr., Detroit all say Baraka is shit and bottom tier

But

Biggs says opposite

Yea I'm going w option A because we know what the fuck we are talking about and you're too little too late for us to care
Baraka is pretty bad lol.

THTB

Let me clear something up...

Balance is really not what this is about. Both games are pretty unbalanced. This is more about how the games play at a fundamental level. People just prefer the variety and neutral centric game mk9 was (despite bug) over the set play 50/50s of MKX
That's why I'm not arguing about the balance. Saying one is more balanced means little when they both aren't very balanced anyway.

Cage would still be super viable. Having a string like that is actually super good. Nothing about it was unsafe, and you had to react to a fast normal that had fast recovery. Cage blew up characters with that stuff if they didn't have armor (which can't be added), and it wasn't like he got obliterated by anyone not Kabal or Kenshi, who are notably worse. I'm sure the EX forceball change will be reverted, but even then, he's not going to be useless. Not by a long shot.

This is actually false. Tekken, until DR, was imbalanced as hell, and actually had some pretty broken characters. And even after DR, vanilla 6 and vanilla TTT2 existed and were pretty silly, too.
TTT2 is the one I played. Idk what it was like vanilla. But it's the game I focused on after I dropped mk9 and compared to mk9 it's balanced af.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Who is arguing Mortal Kombat 9 is more balanced than Mortal Kombat X? People are only saying the meta is more enjoyable. Besides, Mortal Kombat X has been patched more times. If Mortal Kombat X had not received the last two or three patches, the game's balance would barely be better than Mortal Kombat 9's, if at all.