What's new

What is the point of so many cosmetics and skins ?

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Yep, I don't understand why they can't repeat the system from their last game.

We were able to have 5 loadouts in Injustice 2, why would it be difficult to do it again in MK 11, a game with less customization and gear than Inj 2 ??

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yep, I don't understand why they can't repeat the system from their last game.

We were able to have 5 loadouts in Injustice 2, why would it be difficult to do it again in MK 11, a game with less customization and gear than Inj 2 ??
I think this further proof that this game was a bit rushed honestly.

trufenix

bye felicia
Look, I get that you all are programming "geniuses" who know how hard it is to code stuff because you saw it in another game on twitch but it's definitely more plausible that NRS tried it, failed and said fuck it rather than tried it, succeeded and then just left the code sitting on the shelf as a cold fuck you to anybody smart enough to notice.

But again, you guys are the geniuses.

MKF30

I'm no programmer but how hard can it be to just give us something so simple? Couldn't this be tweaked with a quick fix or a patch? Somehow I would think it wouldn't take a "genius" to do this.

I think the random gear option should have been a toggle in character select as well, personally.
I kind of get why they went with additional skins for each colour swap, but I don't get why they didn't just use INJ2's shader menu. Perhaps related to each other.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This thread is so (soap bar in my mouth). OP is like "Why can't I change my costumes on the fly?" Everybody else is like "It's no problem you have to go back 3 menus, then change it, then you have it in ranked", which is exactly what OP is complaining about.

Seriously do you guys have a reading comprehension disability?

To add to that: Why can't you just pick one of the 4-5 costumes everyone has, then pick a color like they did in so many fighting games since 1995.
It's NOT 60 costumes per character. It's like 4 at most with color variations. Mabye 1 more for these stupid revenenat characters.

Only thing I get why you can't change it on the fly is gear, which often doesn't make a huge difference anyways.
Why did they even bother with all these preset colors locked with individual characters instead of just making unlockable color palettes that can be applied to the outfits as one desires? They're just ONE step away from having been able to do that. It's obvious that every part on a character's costume is labeled in the system as a certain piece "type" so their color changes consistently between choices. Just.. just take that one step further. Player-usable palettes would have allowed way more character customization because the palettes could be applied as the player wants instead of instances like the KL-only skins being limited to 4 characters.

What if I want a blood red D'Vorah like KL 1? What if someone wants a Quan Chi Kung Lao? What if I wanna tack some ashy revenant skin onto Cetrion? Shit outta luck my duders. Here's another Cassie skin instead.

MKF30

I think for MK 12 they should go with my original idea with the colors, they want to give us 5 or 6 different outfits with nearly infinite color options. Ok. But give us a free color pallette a la MK Armageddon KAK, WWE games, mods etc where we can literally color 2 or 3 pieces of every outfit/shade it ourselves as far as the cosmetic is concerned. And for ranked just give us the same options as if we're doing KOTH or something casual where we can choose on the fly.