What's new

What is the point of so many cosmetics and skins ?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
When you cant use them in competetive matches ? I can create one lodout and it will apply to all variations in ranked . It makes no sense . Why cant I like in injustice 2 have for example few lodouts of cetrion spring cleaning var and just pick one of them in ranked ? Instead if Im bored of how my character looks I must go and edit it .

This is step backwards from inj2

Imo it's pretty clear that custom variations were originally intended for ranked, but the tournament variations were thrown together at the last second as a result of worries about balance.

Hence why we have variations that are 100% the best variation for a character (i.e. Noob's Seeing Double or Johnny's Outtake) rather than all variations being tailored for different playstyles (seriously, what the actual fuck does Pitch Black Noob even do? He's like a worse Dark Sabbath).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Variety, Diversity, more options for the player to choose from to make every player look as different and unique as possible. I hated being limited to just like 2 or 3 outfits per character(except for Scorp and Sub who have like 10 each the past couple of games lol) Now everyone has a decent amount of unique looking outfits. Still some more than others granted, but I like having lots of color variety at least to make my Raiden or Jade look different than someone elses.

I do feel however they could have made it EASIER to unlock alot of skins/outfits, like the grind for certain ones is annoying af.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
You don't have to edit it. You can have multiple loadouts, you just have to set the default one before the matchmaking.
Thats what I mean , you create this loaodout and in ranked or competetive vs you can use only this one and no matter what variation you pick he will look the same .

Why cant I create different look for cetrion force of nature variation and diffrent for spring cleaning and when I play ranked he will look defferent when i pick each var ?

Zviko

Noob
Thats what I mean , you create this loaodout and in ranked or competetive vs you can use only this one and no matter what variation you pick he will look the same .

Why cant I create different look for cetrion force of nature variation and diffrent for spring cleaning and when I play ranked he will look defferent when i pick each var ?
If you know what variation you'll play then there's no problem. You just set that one as default one. If your pick depends on your opponent's pick then I get it.

The option is kinda there already. By pressing start you get the alternative color of the skin you have as default. No idea why is that a thing. Maybe instead of that, start button should show you the loadouts you have created so you could choose the one you want.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If you know what variation you'll play then there's no problem. You just set that one as default one. If your pick depends on your opponent's pick then I get it.

The option is kinda there already. By pressing start you get the alternative color of the skin you have as default. No idea why is that a thing. Maybe instead of that, start button should show you the loadouts you have created so you could choose the one you want.
I think you are missing the point. It's annoying to have 5 sick looks for your character, start playing a long competitive mode with friends (or foes), and not be able to change looks on the fly. I only play one variation of Frost, but I'd like to rock a different look each match in KOTH if I wanted to, but I can't do that without leaving the KOTH, going into Kustomize, and switching the default. Giving up my spot in line to change looks isn't ideal.

Zviko

Noob
I think you are missing the point. It's annoying to have 5 sick looks for your character, start playing a long competitive mode with friends (or foes), and not be able to change looks on the fly. I only play one variation of Frost, but I'd like to rock a different look each match in KOTH if I wanted to, but I can't do that without leaving the KOTH, going into Kustomize, and switching the default. Giving up my spot in line to change looks isn't ideal.
I get the point. Wouldn't my suggestion fix that? You wouldn't have to go back to customize, you'd just pick what loadout you want when you pick variation.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I get the point. Wouldn't my suggestion fix that? You wouldn't have to go back to customize, you'd just pick what loadout you want when you pick variation.
I didn't quite catch the part at the end on my first read. Yeah, I think it would. Being able to maintain the default behavior when you don't care and dig deeper when you do sounds like a great way to deal with it. As someone that has used the start button color swap, I wouldn't miss it.

Zviko

Noob
As someone that has used the start button color swap, I wouldn't miss it.
They wouldn't have to remove it either. One of the options that would show up besides your loadouts could also be just color swap. They could go even further and make a random option which would randomly pick every gear piece and skin so you'd get a randomly generated loadout every time. But I guess that would be too much.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I guess the thread creator is not getting his point across effectively for you all. What he means is:

He wants to create a bunch of loadout costumes for each variation, plain and simple.

Example: I play as Frost using Ice Machine but I want to create 19 loadout costumes for that variation when I play in competitive mode.

Gaxkang

Banned
It could be made better for sure, the system.

Another thing is they really need more than 5 Kustom loadouts...I got more Kano looks than I got loadout slots available in Kustomization. Booooo.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I guess the thread creator is not getting his point across effectively for you all. What he means is:

He wants to create a bunch of loadout costumes for each variation, plain and simple.

Example: I play as Frost using Ice Machine but I want to create 19 loadout costumes for that variation when I play in competitive mode.
Yeah thx for explaining :D and be able to switch between them during competetive set . Lets say I play long set vs friend and after 10 games I get bored so i go to character select screen and pick same character and variation but different outfit . Simple .

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
There's no money to be gained from us players, other than the DLC packs.

It's time. It looks good on their statistics when showing it off to their shareholders. "Look how much time and how many people spend in our game!"
It's why the game is constantly online as well, to gather that data.

Yep, they really dropped the ball on this aspect.

To me, if there's anything that says they were seriously thinking of having custom variations be a thing across the board, it's this. Being stuck with the same skin no matter what variation you choose in competitive modes just doesn't make sense. Why no UI option like in MKX, where you can choose you're skin/loadout...unless the idea was that the skin was tied to the variation like it is in casual modes. At least then you've got the option of mixing it up a little.

They've given so much opportunity to do what you want with character looks, but then they restrict you like that. Real big oversight.

It'd be nice if they fix this at some stage, but i think it's highly unlikely.

MKF30

Ahh ok, was busy most of the day so I replied based off the initial title I'll admit. But yeah seems like with KL, KOTH I have noticed they limit us to one outfit default prior apparently. Hopefully they do a quick fix with that or patch whatever. We should definitely have the option to pick from out 5 kustoms cosmetically as long as it's a kompetitive variation and not just kustom non competitive.

I also wish they'd increase our slots for kustoms, make it 10 per character instead of 5.

This thread is so retarded. OP is like "Why can't I change my costumes on the fly?" Everybody else is like "It's no problem you have to go back 3 menus, then change it, then you have it in ranked", which is exactly what OP is complaining about.

Seriously do you guys have a reading comprehension disability?

To add to that: Why can't you just pick one of the 4-5 costumes everyone has, then pick a color like they did in so many fighting games since 1995.
It's NOT 60 costumes per character. It's like 4 at most with color variations. Mabye 1 more for these stupid revenenat characters.

Only thing I get why you can't change it on the fly is gear, which often doesn't make a huge difference anyways.

MKF30

Who cares if it's more colors, it's still more options for the player than 3 or 4 lameass costumes like previous MK games. I'd rather have 60 different options I'm sure most agree, they just need to let us choose whichever one we want easier.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
What they should do is just gray out characters who don't have any pre-set loadouts. If you don't have ANY pre-set's loaded on ANY characters, you shouldn't be able to search.

That way you can have 5 load outs of which ever 3 variations. So like for example (as Johnny), I'd have 2 Outtakes, 2 Show Stopper, and 1 Shock Jock class.

trufenix

bye felicia
You guys know that every thing thats not in the game isn't being deliberately kept from you for some negative reason, right? Some things are too hard or take too much time to do.