What is the FIRST thing you're doing when MK 11 hits?

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by MKF30, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

So what is the 1st thing you're going to do/play when MK 11 hits? Story? Tutorials? Training or practice? Online? side modes of some kind perhaps not yet announced? Arcade Ladder? Multiplayer Offline with your friends? The Krypt? Do tell.

First thing I'm doing is tutorials with one or two characters, then right into story. Then online, but story will have to be played a few times because they said it'll be like I2 where you can make a few different choices and it won't be 100% complete til you make all of them with certain characters. So I'll take a break from the story after I beat it the first time to do other things in the game then go back to komplete it.

2. Tundra81

Tundra81 Those were $500 sunglasses asshole
    Premium Supporter

Masturbate

3. VSC_Supreme

VSC_Supreme TYM's No. One L taker.

PSN:
    Jong_lohnson
    Steam:
    VSCSupreme
    First thing i'm doing on that MK11 release date, is getting up and going to work.

Then when I get home I'll probably play and do a few tutorials and get a feel for things.

4. LeoMK29

LeoMK29 Noob

5. probably grind out story mode to unlock the multiple rumored unlockable characters

6. hatyr

hatyr tease out the impurities
    Premium Supporter

I always say practice mode but I'm guessing it will be:
    1. Spend too much time customizing gear
    2. Start story mode
    3. Run around the Krypt
    4. Play more dressup
    5. Start labbing on day 2

7. Vslayer

Vslayer Ask me about my Cassie Cage Agenda
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    Godstank24
    Train with Cassie, play story mode, cry. Rinse and repeat.

8. FoughtDragon01

FoughtDragon01 12, 12, 12, 12 x Nutpunch OP

Very first thing? I'm getting my ass into that Krypt to see if the rumors about certain characters being locked in there are true.

9. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

It's pretty routine.

-6 to 8 hours total in practice mode going over every character. Afterwards confirm two main's to commit to
    -Play practice mode against cpu for a couple of hours against a few characters to get a feel of live action
    -Play with training partners/friends to begin feeling out the game against live competition
    -Play opponents live, exclusively (no other game modes), for about a week
    -Begin to rotate live opponents, practice mode, and story mode
    -Start to customize between the above
    -A month or two later look at other modes like Krypt or Konquest little by little

Espio, ShepherdOfFire and Scyther like this.
  10. Scyther

Scyther Mortal Kombat-phile
    Premium Supporter

First thing? Probably giggle like a little girl, without shame. I cannot stress that enough. No shame! :D

After that, I'll probably go into the krypt and look around. Maybe take Jade into customization mode and then try out a few single fights.

Then off to Story Mode! ^^

MKF30 and Ghost of The Moon like this.
  11. SoapBar

SoapBar My pussy, my rules

If the rumors of Shang being a story unlockable are true, story first.

Otherwise, training mode.

Linkuei82, Lun, Zev and 4 others like this.
  12. AcCooper20

AcCooper20 The Lin Kuei will be MINE!
    Premium Supporter

Practice mode with Frost. Then probably start story.

Law Hero and Scyther like this.
  13. Hit back!

Scyther likes this.
  14. Blade4693

Blade4693 ....

Tutorial, then training with my favorite characters, then play some online.

Scyther likes this.
  15. Ghost of The Moon

Ghost of The Moon One with the air.

Complete the offline section of the game. In other words: Story Mode.

MKF30 and Scyther like this.
  16. xenogorgeous

xenogorgeous You're taking this kind of personal, aren't ya?
    Premium Supporter

1.play the story mode at first, without training with none character .... did this on MK9 and MKX and is hella fun ! .... :p

2.after that, explore the Krypt , to release everything, and to get used with the jump scares that, unavoidable, will be there ! :confused:

3.take at least a 2-3 days exploring prefered charactes in training mode :D

4.explore a bit the others game modes, to get used with the gameplay and mechanics :rolleyes:

5.go online and having fun trying "get gud" with the game ! :)

MKF30, STB Sgt Reed and Scyther like this.
  17. Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang Skarlet scientist

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    I will play until i unlock that guy that was peeking from the corner

aldazo, MKF30, Zev and 2 others like this.
  18. xXRagingFlameXx

xXRagingFlameXx "Have I ever not been right?" -Patrick Star, 2001

I'll probably go through the roster and check out their customizations and variation moves, get a good look at their models and what-not just to check them out. Then I'm hopping into the basic tutorial to see what's up, get a feel for it, then I'm going straight into Story.

Once Story is done (I'll play through it a couple times to see the endings) I'll likely jump into the Krypt and see if Mileena, Rain, and Shang are in there if they didn't show up in the Story.

If they're in the Krpyt I'll definitely run through and try and unlock them if I can, at least Mileena. If they're not in I'm probably gonna either check out the Towers of Time or fuck around in practice mode with all the characters to see which ones fit me better. There could be a surprise main in there for me. It's gonna take ages to mix and match moves but I'm honestly so excited for that. The hype is too reaaaaaal

xenogorgeous and Scyther like this.
  19. Slymind

Slymind Noob

Story mode.

Scyther likes this.
  20. Mizar

Mizar Noob

First thing: explore the characters I'm interested in training mode, then check their initial gear options and play dress up a bit.
    After that its Story Mode, Arcade Ladders, and finally, get my ass handed to me in online!

Armac and Scyther like this.
  21. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

Step 0: Remove Sub Zero's shit tier hat
    Step 1: Story Mode
    Step 2: Training Mode to learn a couple combos and get a feel for planned mains
    Step 3: Ladders for whoever I ended up on as being my first mains to see their endings and unlock any skins that are tied to that.
    Step 4: Krypt to unlock any other skins/characters.
    Step 5: Customize Gear for mains
    Step 6: STB Day 1 KOTH for lulz
    Step 7: Play Online (and win them all so no one can t-bag :p)

fr stack, MKF30, hatyr and 1 other person like this.
  22. dribirut

dribirut BLAK FELOW
    Royal Contributor

L
    A
    B

H
    A
    R
    D

villainous monk, MKF30 and Scyther like this.
  23. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse Edenian Assassin

I usually go into Training mode to check out what each character has to offer, to see if there's something new that might appeal to me. Then I do Story Mode and then the arcade ladder endings.

If there are other offline modes of interest, which there usually are with NRS games, I check them out, maybe try to unlock the stuff there is to unlock. Like if there's a "Konquest" mode or Krypt. But that's usually part of a process, as we usually need to grind some koins to be able to unlock all that stuff.

So then I start labbing some of the characters I feel appeal to me the most. Which will mostly be Jade in my case, but there's most likely other characters who I'm gonna give a go as well. And eventually I will go online and play against other people, or go play with my friends.

It's gonna be fun. ^^

villainous monk, MKF30, Zev and 2 others like this.
  24. SaSSolino

SaSSolino MK11 Cary Tagawa main!

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    Short practice and tutorials first, to get a feel of the game.

Then story mode, unless my main training partner decides to challange me to a "day 1 FT5", which he seems to enjoy doing. Regardless if my day 1 main is locked behind story mode / krypt I'll have to decline.

Then after some story mode, not wanting to burn it all off in 2 days, I'll probably hit the lab and create my day 1 tech. Finally I'll go online and test it.

MKF30 and Scyther like this.
  25. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Take my Queen Skarlet out on a date to Practice mode then have Johnny Cage for desert. Yup I'm hungry........and horny