What's new

Question - Sun God What is the fastest combo/multihitting wakeup three ex mace parries can handle?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The parry has stopped my opponents from being able to cancel into their special move, so point 2 wouldn't work out. For example, if you parried Scorpion's 2,1,4 the teleport cancel doesn't come out. That is one benefit of parrying an entire string, because normally the last hit is only safe due to cancel advantage.
Yea this is also a big deal.

I was practicing parrying Tanya b12+4. It works :)

I can use regular parry ex parry and regular parry again to save meter.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The parry has stopped my opponents from being able to cancel into their special move, so point 2 wouldn't work out. For example, if you parried Scorpion's 2,1,4 the teleport cancel doesn't come out. That is one benefit of parrying an entire string, because normally the last hit is only safe due to cancel advantage.
Yea this is also a big deal.

I was practicing parrying Tanya b12+4. It works :)

I can use regular parry ex parry and regular parry again to save meter.
Now this really sounds like a big deal. Looking like with 2 bars you have to be careful doing any of your normal stuff or else kotal gets a 50-60% punish. Fuck doing it at 3% health. Do when both of you have 50% and just stare at your opponent like "on your knees". I gotta practice this.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Nice, even better. I got to experiment with the mace parry a bit yesterday, that thing is much better now. It pretty much takes any single hit on him because it works on overheads lows and jump ins, amazing. also, i managed to land a ex disk with blood sacrifice and parry buff with kotal, it was well into 30% from the looks, way worth it, plus parrying a bunch of projectiles is just fun.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nice, even better. I got to experiment with the mace parry a bit yesterday, that thing is much better now. It pretty much takes any single hit on him because it works on overheads lows and jump ins, amazing. also, i managed to land a ex disk with blood sacrifice and parry buff with kotal, it was well into 30% from the looks, way worth it, plus parrying a bunch of projectiles is just fun.
We can parry jump ins?

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
We can parry jump ins?
I could swear I did, but my memory is a bit floppy sometimes so I will have to test it when I get home. But I think they made it so that its just anything that would activate hitstun on kotal, meaning the only projectiles that go through are multihitting ones, like the machine guns from the briggs family. I know i can parry into ex parry the double dragon fireball from liu, i still havent tested on runes, hellsparks, or trance though.

mattnin

Noob
No, cannot parry jump ins. Believe me, I've been doing this by accident lately because I'm trying to use parry so much more now.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Yeah, the fact that Parry stops specials from coming out is huge. It's going to be a pain to memorize everything, but damn, the swag when you pull it off. I need to get back to the lab.