What's new

Question - Sun God What is the fastest combo/multihitting wakeup three ex mace parries can handle?

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Just as a tech curiosity, really. I know that with the recent patch the ex mace parry comes out in 1 frame. My question is what can it stuff? Say you had full bars and a solid read of an incoming string what exactly is the best string you could parry? Maybe even some no meter counter strings.

Specifically i would want tests against the buzzsaw wakeup ex spin, maybe some 112 combos for different characters. For example i know you can parry all three hits of liu's b333 string with no meter.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I've had Kotal use the parry, followed by two ex Parries into a punish on SubZeros f42grab

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'll leave this here

@AK XEN0M0RPH
I get the theory but where would you x3 Parry someone pressing buttons? I mean both of you see that the parry is happening. After the second I would stop or probably get punished anyways. Heck maybe the first one leads to a punish.

Oh and can someone point me to where I can find out how blood sacrifice and parry work?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I get the theory but where would you x3 Parry someone pressing buttons? I mean both of you see that the parry is happening. After the second I would stop or probably get punished anyways. Heck maybe the first one leads to a punish.

Oh and can someone point me to where I can find out how blood sacrifice and parry work?
Low life high stakes moments.

Search daigo moment 37 at EVO and you will understand.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Low life high stakes moments.

Search daigo moment 37 at EVO and you will understand.
I've seen that and that was different. Jwong did a super (canned animation with the same timing), daigo has to time forward presses. My question is more like why not just go for a button and interrupt? If you have like >3% health and you're opponent has 60ish% and then you really need it and you got 3 bars to spare. That sounds dope af but if that's not the case why do all that? (Ignore a punish moment and spend extra meter) [Honest question as I only casually played Kotal. I dont even know how his buffs exactly work]

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Lets say you stop pressing buttons. An EX parry will usually recover before you do.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've seen that and that was different. Jwong did a super (canned animation with the same timing), daigo has to time forward presses. My question is more like why not just go for a button and interrupt? If you have like >3% health and you're opponent has 60ish% and then you really need it and you got 3 bars to spare. That sounds dope af but if that's not the case why do all that? (Ignore a punish moment and spend extra meter) [Honest question as I only casually played Kotal. I dont even know how his buffs exactly work]
Well, the way i see it is that its a read. Most Casie's do b123 or b12 d3. This parry's all of them and is safe. If I can't take the chip then this is what I need to do.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah so would you try this or just spend only 1 meter and go for the punish?
If I read your first punch and the second usually comes after, I'll parry both and spend the bar. If, by chance, you decide to not punch again, I recover faster and punish you (usually).
If I parry and succeed, thats the go-ahead to do another parry. Since parry when it eats something recovers at a different timing, I can more or less psuedo-confirm my parry.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
point 1: canned animation ; in mkx they use a dial a combo system that has a tendency towards groups of 3, not all the time but most of the time a person is going to decide on a combo as he is inputting it, especially faster ones, liu's 113 for example, the liu player is looking for the move at the end of the string. Not all characters do this but alot will, 11x combos generally.

point 2: 3% health, enemy at 60, 3 bars, time to yolo mofo. in mkx literally everything has chip, if you have the read you might as well do it, while kotal does damage >5% v <60% is straight up true master territory, you would need at least3 solid reads anyway it would be beter to go all in do the combo. Landing the parrys is the hard part, 3 parries and almost any bnb will kill. or better yet 1 straight parry and 2 ex with one ex aagrab in the combo or ex disk. Plus if they are going for the combo, honestly if I were them and someone parried the first two moves in my string, i would extend the string as far as I could, because the buff only lasts a couple seconds and they are limited to at max 4-5 counters. Say Im playing liu, I throw out 113 vkotal, he successfully parries with all three bars, i would immediately throw an ex special at the end, why? unlikely to be parried, most likely has armor, on hit causes knockdown. Say i dont have meter, i throw out dragon roar (backfist special) if he reads that and d1 for the interrupt, im boned, if he was trying to punish and roar connects, he is at 3/4 screen, hard knockdown, and he wont be able to get back in fast enough to justify the bar and the buff will run out.

Point 3: we would do it for the same reason anyone plays fighting games, and low/mid tiers, for the hype.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wait what? I didn't do anything lol.

I could be 100% wrong in many circumstances, that was just my impression.
It was a thank you for the pseudo-confirm on parry. But if you were BSing me then that's all good too lol.:p

point 1: canned animation ; in mkx they use a dial a combo system that has a tendency towards groups of 3, not all the time but most of the time a person is going to decide on a combo as he is inputting it, especially faster ones, liu's 113 for example, the liu player is looking for the move at the end of the string. Not all characters do this but alot will, 11x combos generally.

point 2: 3% health, enemy at 60, 3 bars, time to yolo mofo. in mkx literally everything has chip, if you have the read you might as well do it, while kotal does damage >5% v <60% is straight up true master territory, you would need at least3 solid reads anyway it would be beter to go all in do the combo. Landing the parrys is the hard part, 3 parries and almost any bnb will kill. or better yet 1 straight parry and 2 ex with one ex aagrab in the combo or ex disk. Plus if they are going for the combo, honestly if I were them and someone parried the first two moves in my string, i would extend the string as far as I could, because the buff only lasts a couple seconds and they are limited to at max 4-5 counters. Say Im playing liu, I throw out 113 vkotal, he successfully parries with all three bars, i would immediately throw an ex special at the end, why? unlikely to be parried, most likely has armor, on hit causes knockdown. Say i dont have meter, i throw out dragon roar (backfist special) if he reads that and d1 for the interrupt, im boned, if he was trying to punish and roar connects, he is at 3/4 screen, hard knockdown, and he wont be able to get back in fast enough to justify the bar and the buff will run out.

Point 3: we would do it for the same reason anyone plays fighting games, and low/mid tiers, for the hype.
Thanks for some perspective on that. Didn't know you can cancel a normal if it's parried. Once again I barely know how his shit works. So then if the string isn't one like Cassie's b123, it becomes a mind game if the Kotal parries a 3 hit string successfully?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It was a thank you for the pseudo-confirm on parry. But if you were BSing me then that's all good too lol.:p
I wasn't BSing so much, just I can't promise every single character will be that negative after throwing out a move. I know F/T don't have many moves that fit the bill but they have impressive frames.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate

The parry has stopped my opponents from being able to cancel into their special move, so point 2 wouldn't work out. For example, if you parried Scorpion's 2,1,4 the teleport cancel doesn't come out. That is one benefit of parrying an entire string, because normally the last hit is only safe due to cancel advantage.