What's new

what is the best strategy against jumping?

hi.i have an old friend and we play umk3 for 10 years.but i usually lose because he jumps and jumps and i cant stop his jump kicks.which player and which move is the best choise for me too stop him?his favorite characters are baraka and noob saibot. i really cant do any thing with baraka's jump kicks and noob's teleport attack :?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Scheisse said:
Pick H.smoke, run under him and throw him, jump over him and throw him, then run under him and throw him.

He'll stop that shit real quick.

Or just learn some good aaHP game which is a personal fav. and universal
Exactly, but like H.Smoke, do the same with Jax and his backbreaker.

The aaHP is vital. At least a standing HK.

Scheisse said:
Pick H.smoke, run under him and throw him, jump over him and throw him, then run under him and throw him.

He'll stop that shit real quick.

Or just learn some good aaHP game which is a personal fav. and universal
i dont understand.how i throw him when i'm under him?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Air throw...run under him so his jump kick can't hit you and jump and hit block.

FILER

Noob
The easiest anit air moves in my opinion are...

1.) Standing HK very simple and effective. Leaves almost no room for being hit. Uppercut is about as easy.

2.) Back up or run under and sweep. A little bit more challenging since you have to commit to running under.

3.) Back up or run under roundhouse kick. My personal favorite since it leaves barely any room to be hit and with the right character can result in a huge counter.

4.) Air Throw. Easier with Robot Smoke then Jax then Kano then Smoke/Scorpion.

5.) HP. Granted, I use aaHP all of the time, but I believe that it is very difficult for someone to counter if they are not used to doing so. Kabal has the most ridiculous HP I have encountered and can HP spin so easily it is childs play. Robot Smoke is also very easy for me to HP, TP, HP or JK, Spear, Invis, Combo.

Robot smoke in general is basically an anti air character. His Air Throw can be linked with a JK before for big damage. If he jumps back you can get a free TP for 50% plus. His uppercut is very good.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Air throws, running under (dodge the JK) and counter with air throw or a tactic that's worked for me with jumpers.

Up and LK or HK are great against jump kickers, if you get the timing right you'll snuff them right out of the air.

Pick Robo smoke, turn invisible and mix up the spear with teleport punch.

Wait until he's in the air and you'll nail him every time when timed right with the teleport punch.

If he's far away and jumping towards you, wait and bait him to jump then just snag his ass with the spear. He'll be screwed.

These are some things I use against jumpers that work.

I GOT A FRIEND THAT DOES THAT SAME SHIT AND IT PISSES ME OFF 2.....SO SIMPLY PRESS DOWN HP,AND UPPERCUT HIM EVERYTIME.
HE WONT FEEL VERY FROGGY AFTER A FEW TIMES

Edit by Shock:
Caps lock man.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Another thing is if they are jumping from a bit of a distance, walk back out of the way of the jump kick/punch then run in and combo. Works pretty good.

MKF30

lol....yeah I was thinking the same thing, for the new dude play the UMK3 arcade version dude, that's what's hot now man. :)

ÐarkMoon said:
Playing the snes version of UMK3 for 10 years *crys*

I like your siggy...yet people bash midway... :roll: I mean just look at SF II can you say same freaking game over and over? lol.......

Don't get me wrong I like SF but Midway isn't the only company to make a game with several revisions...as you pointed out.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tim no need to police him, the situation will be taken care of soon enough. These are simple internet etiquette issues he has and I'm seeing a massive amount of failure.

MKF30

Tim Static said:
hehe massive is correct. My 7 year old daughter types better. Seriously.
Ohh shit you have a daughter dude? :shock: lol, I thought you were 18...my fault I must have gotten you confused with someone else man.

yea im not a computer person,and it is true about 7yr olds knowing more than me about computers,because this is my first one...and my first month on it. im not insulted because im learning.
i only come to this site to learn about mk some more...not to argue...so relax

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thats cool, just understand that there are rules and if you want respect, you show respect. But seriously, pratice the typing part. Its ultra annoying trying to read something that isnt readable.

MKF30...

I'm 29 and I have 3 kids. 2 daughters (7 and 4) and a 5 year old son.

hey yall, new to this site and glad to be here

i think it's important to note that some chatrs. jk's have higher priority (bigger hitbox) than others and thus are more difficult to anti air. Sheeva imo has the best jump kick, can be very hard to aa unless timed perfectly.

the female ninjas standing hk isn't the greatest, it arcs kind of low and gets beat a lot...male ninjas have good standing hk, very reliable

hope everyone here is getting umk for ds. iv'e played some on xbl but im pretty frustrated with lag, hoping somehow lag will be better on ds.