What's new

What is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11?

What is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11?

• Total voters
Edenian Razors free. Variable frames in a fighting game is actual nonsense, especially when you tack on the chip and damage it does just off stray hits and pokes. Sometimes u lose a game not even being hit by a combo lol.
2nd for me is Sand Trap but that goes without explanation. It’s only caveat is that it can be punished by most characters usually.
Im suprised to not see Sindel scream on here tho. Good range, can be canceled for pressure, huge hit box, arguably the best KB in the game because of how easy it is it get and can lead to big unbreakable damage. A top 5 special for me imo

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Why is Jax's quad grab even in there? The only decent thing about it is its KB damage but there are so many caveats to that I don't even know where to begin. Outside of the KB it's the worst grab in the entire game.
But the fact that the krushing blow does 35%+ of damage is a major threat, especially at the end of rounds. You can also use the command throw to switch sides without using any resources.

I was browsing the Jax forum the other day. Most players do not believe that he is half as bad as you guys believe he is.

For example, Deoxys's tier list...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Are these special moves to be judged as stand alone or should we take into consideration how the function with the character as a whole?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Jokers punching special launcher should def be here. It is safe against 90% of the cast and jails on most strings. Kinda busted honestly

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Are these special moves to be judged as stand alone or should we take into consideration how the function with the character as a whole?
You decide.

Personally, I was thinking "If I could customize my character without any restrictions, I would choose these five special moves".

thlityoursloat

kick kick
But the fact that the krushing blow does 35%+ of damage is a major threat, especially at the end of rounds. You can also use the command throw to switch sides without using any resources.

I was browsing the Jax forum the other day. Most players do not believe that he is half as bad as you guys believe he is.

For example, Deoxys's tier list...

yes but:
he has the worst tick throws in the game, the grab is a high with short range, is more negative than regular throw, does less damage than the regular throw unless he's heated, the KB's execution was unnecessarily made harder and it costs 2 bars. The damage on it is neat but all you're really doing is compensating for all the 15% punishes you were pulling throughout the round.
I'm pretty sure top players think he's that good because they just don't play him. He's one of those characters that look really good on paper but just fall apart once the download is complete, and don't even get me started on the buffer change and how that affects his staggers.
Why do you think sonic hyped him up so much only to play him.. never? First he was S tier in his list then he dropped down a whole tier.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
yes but:
he has the worst tick throws in the game, the grab is a high with short range, is more negative than regular throw, does less damage than the regular throw unless he's heated, the KB's execution was unnecessarily made harder and it costs 2 bars. The damage on it is neat but all you're really doing is compensating for all the 15% punishes you were pulling throughout the round.
I'm pretty sure top players think he's that good because they just don't play him. He's one of those characters that look really good on paper but just fall apart once the download is complete, and don't even get me started on the buffer change and how that affects his staggers.
Why do you think sonic hyped him up so much only to play him.. never? First he was S tier in his list then he dropped down a whole tier.
Sonic Fox claimed Nightwolf is "top 3 for sure" and Skarlet is top tier. He has made as many incorrect predictions as all of us have. However, the difference is that he wins. LOL. For this reason, I tend to ignore what he says and focus on what he does in tournaments. Besides, he has dropped characters for inferior ones before (i.e., going from Johnny Cage to Kollector). The fact that he never uses Jax arguably means nothing.

We can cite a different tier list every day, but I genuinely believe that the community has no clue where Jax (and many other characters such as Nightwolf, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Sindel, etc.) stands on the tier list. I have seen tier lists where he is as high as top 10 and as low as bottom 10. Unfortunately, the Jax community on TYM is far more interested in whining and asking for nonsensical buffs than attempting to develop the character.

I do agree that he has been hurt by universal gameplay changes such later armor activation on fatal blows and especially the increased buffer window after blocking.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Sonic Fox claimed Nightwolf is "top 3 for sure" and Skarlet is top tier. He has made as many incorrect predictions as all of us have. However, the difference is that he wins. LOL. For this reason, I tend to ignore what he says and focus on what he does in tournaments. Besides, he has dropped characters for inferior ones before (i.e., going from Johnny Cage to Kollector). The fact that he never uses Jax arguably means nothing.

We can cite a different tier list every day, but I genuinely believe that the community has no clue where Jax (and many other characters such as Nightwolf, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Sindel, etc.) stands on the tier list. I have seen tier lists where he is as high as top 10 and as low as bottom 10. Unfortunately, the Jax community on TYM is far more interested in whining and asking for nonsensical buffs than attempting to develop the character.

I do agree that he has been hurt by universal gameplay changes such later armor activation on fatal blows and especially the increased buffer window after blocking.
There's hardly anything to develop. The character has a variety of gimmicky mixup tools that can all be hard countered into full combos and the only way to succeed is to be as unpredictable as possible. GB is atrocious because his stance attacks off of his key strings have pokeable gaps, the cancels are extremely negative and he doesn't even gain the ability to launch off of his best ranged mids.

I'm glad you at least recognize how his fatal blow was severely nerfed from being one of the absolute best all purpose FBs to nothing more than a hit confirm or punish, and that how escaping his stagger pressure is over twice as easy.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
You decide.

Personally, I was thinking "If I could customize my character without any restrictions, I would choose these five special moves".
If we're looking at it like this, D'vorah's strepsiptera is being entirely too slept on. It's resource heavy, but in a vacuum, that move is capable of truly disgusting things and is useful for pressure, oki, space control, and safety.

If we're looking at it like this, D'vorah's strepsiptera is being entirely too slept on. It's resource heavy, but in a vacuum, that move is capable of truly disgusting things and is useful for pressure, oki, space control, and safety.
Is that her bug bomb thing that’s like plus 50 on hit and block? Yeah that might be one of the best moves. There’s like no counter play once it’s out

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
100% Edenian Razors. Meterless safe on block special that has high chip damage, fantastic raw damage on hit (generally results in 18-21% damage combos for just a basic string into it), good plus frames on hit, good frames on block if timed correctly (-2 to +1), and generally keeps Kitana close enough to immediately utilize her 7f D3 after to contest or even beat the opponent's poke response which results in her keeping her turn.

Extremely stupid move.
as all 16 bit characters and moves. 16 bit is cancer of NRS games

Shao Kahn's taunt.

Not because of the status effect, it's too slow and leaves you open, but because you get to trash talk the other player/CPU by telling them they are nothing and they suck. It's like teabagging but with words.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm glad you at least recognize how his fatal blow was severely nerfed from being one of the absolute best all purpose FBs to nothing more than a hit confirm or punish...
The fatal blow was a little too strong as a mid attack, particularly with reduced armor activation pre-patch. The change from a mid to a high attack is justified. Perhaps strings like f+2,1 and f+3,3,1 ought to be -5 on block considering the adjustment to block mechanics.

as all 16 bit characters and moves. 16 bit is cancer of NRS games.
What would 16 Bit gain from Kitana buffs? She no longer competes. This logic makes no sense. Besides, Kitana was horrendous on release. I would argue she was as bad as release-day Shinnok.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The fatal blow was a little too strong as a mid attack, particularly with reduced armor activation pre-patch. The change from a mid to a high attack is justified. Perhaps strings like f+2,1 and f+3,3,1 ought to be -5 on block considering the adjustment to block mechanics.
Jesus fucking christ, I can't believe somebody on here not from the Jax community agrees with me on this.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Is that her bug bomb thing that’s like plus 50 on hit and block? Yeah that might be one of the best moves. There’s like no counter play once it’s out
No, it's the bug that has homing projectiles that are also very plus on hit and block, start combos from throws, locks people down long enough that they have to block multiple mixups, does a ton of chip, etc.

The one you're describing is bombardier beetle. I don't think it's anywhere near as good, personally.