What's new

What is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11?

What is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
First of all, thank you to everyone who participated and voted in this thread. I thought I would create another poll in order to engage the community during the quarantine. What do you think is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11? You may vote for five out of the twenty special moves that are listed above or you can think of and name a special move that is not included in the poll. The characters in the poll are listed in alphabetical order followed by the name as well as the input of the special move.

Vote and discuss.

Correction 1: "Natural Disaster" for Cetrion's d,b+1 ought to say "Natural Barrier".

Correction 2: "Tital Tackle" for Geras's b,f+2 in New Era and Eternal ought to say "Titan Tackle".

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
100% Edenian Razors. Meterless safe on block special that has high chip damage, fantastic raw damage on hit (generally results in 18-21% damage combos for just a basic string into it), good plus frames on hit, good frames on block if timed correctly (-2 to +1), and generally keeps Kitana close enough to immediately utilize her 7f D3 after to contest or even beat the opponent's poke response which results in her keeping her turn.

Extremely stupid move.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
First of all, thank you to everyone who participated and voted in this thread. I thought I would create another poll in order to engage the community during the quarantine. What do you think is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11? You may vote for five out of the twenty special moves that are listed above or you can think of and name a special move that is not included in the poll. The characters in the poll are listed in alphabetical order followed by the name as well as the input of the special move.

Vote and discuss.

Correction 1: "Natural Disaster" for Cetrion's d,b+1 ought to say "Natural Barrier".
Tourney modes only?
If custom moves are allowed, SPAWNS EASY KB (Soul Forfeit)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
100% Edenian Razors. Meterless safe on block special that has high chip damage, fantastic raw damage on hit (generally results in 18-21% damage combos for just a basic string into it), good plus frames on hit, good frames on block if timed correctly (-2 to +1), and generally keeps Kitana close enough to immediately utilize her 7f D3 after to contest or even beat the opponent's poke response which results in her keeping her turn.

Extremely stupid move.
I agree. Razors are definitely in my top 3.

Tourney modes only?
If custom moves are allowed, SPAWNS EASY KB (Soul Forfeit)
Yeah, tournament variations only.

Aside from Spawn's easy krushing blow special move, there is also other nonsense like Terminator's infinite armor.

Wigy

There it is...
I voted uprock with cetrion mostly out of salt.

I hate that it does like everything.

I'd have to say as a standalone special db1 with lao is pretty high up there.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I have a write-in move I'd put up but I'm tryna downplay my character lol

Out of these I'd say the high/low forceballs or sand trap

Edit: I should prolly pick one so forceballs

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I got to pick orbiting hat. It's a safe on block launcher you can jail off your d1. There's no other special like it. It's only downside is that it's expensive

Zviko

Noob
I vote for orbiting hat too. And it's not even that expensive as it looks. If you amp it twice it takes the same time to get all 4 bars back as it takes to get 1 bar back after a breakaway.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I got to pick orbiting hat. It's a safe on block launcher you can jail off your d1. There's no other special like it. It's only downside is that it's expensive
I vote for orbiting hat too. And it's not even that expensive as it looks. If you amp it twice it takes the same time to get all 4 bars back as it takes to get 1 bar back after a breakaway.
I also voted for orbiting hat. With the meter change to Cage's EX rising star, Kung Lao's orbiting hat is arguably the best low poke into special move combination in the game now, particularly when you consider Kung Lao's high damage output.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I'm a bit surprised Raijin's discharge isn't on this poll, considering how it redefines safety for all characters

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Why is Jax's quad grab even in there? The only decent thing about it is its KB damage but there are so many caveats to that I don't even know where to begin. Outside of the KB it's the worst grab in the entire game.
The only valid answer is orbiting hat.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Why is Jax's quad grab even in there? The only decent thing about it is its KB damage but there are so many caveats to that I don't even know where to begin. Outside of the KB it's the worst grab in the entire game.
The only valid answer is orbiting hat.
You lose two bars to stay safe, I wouldn’t call it good. Especially if you guess wrong after using it and get yourself comboed to death

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Geras sandtrap move, by far the dumbest move in the game. Can anti zone and zone, stupid fast recovery, scrub spammable, beyond safe and broken. Generally a braindead move. A few others i hate as well but this move has to be the most annoying to deal with overall imo. Like Scorp's lame teleport cancels and Kano has some busted bs as well. I can see why people hate Kitana's move, but one thing key about this is she HAS to be close to you right next to you, if you keep the bitch far. She can't do jack. Unlike the others...

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Really hard to tell because there are so many great specials in this games. My picks would be:

orbiting hat, Edenian razors, Sand trap and barrier for obvious reasons

Not so obvious:
noobs slide: every move that you can amp to be safe is already a great move. But this move is so good that because of it‘s existence noobs second Variation is his best one by far. It‘s so hard to deal with if you play against a noob who always stays in it‘s sweetspot range. You don‘t have to hitconfirm anything because any string into it does solid damage, it makes b1 or his low a viable option, combos in the corner, easily loads up the kb, d4 slide is so obnoxious to deal with etc.

Other honorable mentions:
Sonyas rings: best projectile in the game
Dvorahs ovi: makes her safe for a bar, jails from pokes and leaves opponent restand on hit and plus enough to garantuee pressure afterwards