What's new

What is something or things you wish will NOT be in MK12?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So... is there anything you want not to be in MK12? Is anything a total deal breaker?

Be interested to hear other peoples takes.

Jynks

For me the thing that is literally a deal breaker.... a run button. I HATE the run button in MKx.. it is easily my most hated mechanism in fighting games and MKx the tun button made me hardly play that game. I just couldn't get any run-centric characters to work and also not being able to execute run well ment that the coolest combos were out of reach.

So I really hope thet do not bring back the run!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Easy

1. no breakaways if there is auto filling meter
  2. Auto Filling Meter during round taunt ending animations
  3. separate offense and defense meter (mix them together again so we can learn how to manage)
  4. fatal blow refiling meter after miss use
  5. normals that reach half a mile and are fast
  6. strings that reach half a mile during its whole execution making the characters move across the entire stage in one string
  7. invincible wakeup jabs
  8. Flawless block during frame trap setups
  9. ugly jump no flip animations
  10. Flawless block should be on a metered system and it's main fuction should negate characters to build meter, secondary option, would be making special cancelable moves non cancelable, and make certain moves unsafe enough for a punish with a string starter into a combo, delete flawless block launching commands.
  11. Krushing Blows shouldn't do a zillion damage, they all should be combo starters/enders, and just negate breakaway/Breaker from a combo and allow the character to do 5% or 10% extra damage with less scaling.
There, i just gave you MK12, now Email Lord Paulo

Jynks

Time to get rid of the Variation system. It was a mistake
Not sure I agree with that. I mean having moves linked to loot box rng was a balls up... but the 3 variations in MKx was cool and the MK11 choose what you like was also very good.... it is also something unique that NRS offers... and that has value. The problem with MK11 was not having it allow you to use any combination (taking costs into account) in legal play. Once they did this it was kind of to late, but in general I think the idea of it is very cool. Look at any big vs game... almost all have some kind of load out system. MMOs have "builds" and stuff for example. I think this sort of thing can be very good if done right and NRS has improved it every release. I think they should keep at it, I'm pretty sure it will be in MK12 and I'm also pretty sure it will be better than MK11 and also not restricted like on MK11 release.

I hope they don’t go more in on the mk11 play style. Mk11 is an alright game and I don’t want to hate on it more. But like if we get an even more watered down, overly safe version of mk11 I would be disappointed. I don’t want a turn based final fantasy style mk.

Jynks

The horrible lebron jumping where your antiairs/d2 misses when they NJP in front of you.
You mean the hops? I loved them... and the flawless blocks. What do people hav e againt them?

MuMuGuy

Noob
Besides what was listed already (much I agree with)

• Kombat League - This mode was such a grind, standard Ranked is fine.
  • Hidden Cursor - Not being able to see one’s own cursor was always dumb and led to getting the wrong character, especially if there was lag on the select screen. Just make it so the other player can’t see who the opponent picked until it’s too late to change.
  • Multi hit projectiles - Shouldn’t be so commonplace, and projectiles need to finally clash.
  • MK11’s Wakeup - Too many options and made meaties too risky to be worth it
  • 50/50 Throw Tech - Basically free damage midscreen, especially against characters with a throw KB
  • Safe due to pushback normals/strings - obvious
  • 150 ms ping threshold to decline Ranked - Should be 100 at most, preferably 80
Note - Whenever someone hid their cursor to go for a counter-pick, I always made a habit of moving my cursor around rapidly so that the opponent couldn’t count the number of presses. I would then wait until a couple of seconds were left to pick my character.
That would often either make the opponent get the wrong character due to confusion of where their cursor was, make them reveal their cursor and choose normally, or annoy them into rage quitting at the select screen.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I hope they avoid having discrepancy between how the characters are portrayed in story mode/intros/outros and their moveset.

Example:
Cassie Cage never uses a drone in story, mostly just martial arts and gun kata stuff, which is cool enough. Moveset half-heartedly includes drone, and a major customization option is on the drone which is seldom used.

Sonya the same - never uses drone in story, and barely have any good drone moves but her fatal blow and fatalities emphasize it.

Geras - never uses machete in story or otherwise, suddenly uses a machete in fatal blow.

Jacqui - fights amazing in story mode with her gun fists, but has zero such moves in actual moveset except for shooting a bit her fatal blow. Also, her grenade which blows up into a wall is only used in throw, fatal blow and fatality, why not more focus on this cool gimmick which would make character stand out a bit more. Could be like Urien in SF.

I'm sure I can find several other examples like this - looks like there were different divisions of Netherrealm working of different stuff lacking someone who could have a complete oversight and hold it all together resulting in a pretty fractured experience.

Gear should make sense for all characters. Sub Zero having customizable knives or whatever he never uses etc. etc. feels forced. Small and insignificant gear pieces like that seems like lots of work for NRS for no real value for end product.

Now for gameplay stuff:

Most important: No variations.
Krushing Blows are very cool in concept and partially in execution, but could be toned down a bit. Some characters are all about just going through the motions trying to land their KBs whilst for other characters they are basically a non-factor. Either do them better and fairer, or remove them.
No infinite fatal blow if you spend it you should lose it.
No separate offense/defense meters. Auto-refill I'm fine with.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, lots of very good suggestion in this thread

my opinion :

- Variations to be out ; the concept is cool, but, is a hell mechanic to balance, and also, in the end, majority of people just pick up and grab the moveset that give more damage combos , so, it's better now to have full characters with unique moveset, like MK9

- Breakway is a must to go out too; bring back traditional combo breaker, and the fill bar system meter kind of MK9 system, that was standard and good to manage

Let's see if NRS can surprise us and bring also some gameplay mechanic new stuff that we do not imagine yet ..... :D

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
  1. Hop
  2. Breakaway
  3. Flawless block
  4. Fatal blow
  5. Krushing blow
  6. Getup attacks
  7. Automatic meter
  8. Rolls
  9. Custom variations (Go back to MKX style or have no variations)
  10. Slow pace
  11. 50/50 throws
  12. 20 different colours of the same skin
  13. Cole Young
  14. Kollector
  15. Different health for everyone
  16. MK11s boring combo system
  17. MK11 voice actors (Bring back Karen Strassman, Patrick Seitz, Jamieson Price, Michael McConnohie, Kevin Lally, Tom Choi, Tricia Helfer & FOR THE LOVE OF GOD bring back David Lodge as Kabal!)
  18. Boring Cassie (I love MKX Cassie)
  19. Wokeness
Honestly, if NRS could go back to being NRS pre-2017 & stop trying to be SNK that would be great, MK12 doesn't need to be a Mortal Shodown 2.

Last edited:
So... is there anything you want not to be in MK12? Is anything a total deal breaker?

Be interested to hear other peoples takes.
Hmmm... there are big difference for me as things I don't want and things that are actual deal breakers.

Things I don't want but would still buy the game if it:

• Run Mechanic
  • Breakaway
  • Limited Kombo Paths
  • 3-4 3D era charaters (from the "Deadly Alliance" to "Armaggedon").
  • A Variation system like Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (no issue with the system from Mortal Kombat XL)
  • Guest characters (they'll obviously be there)
  • Flawless Blocking
  • EDIT: Platform exclusive guests. People are asking for Jole and Ellie, for example, which should a guest like that happen obviously couldn't be on Xbox or PC. Putting in Doom Slayer may not be on PlayStation either. This divides the roster which should be unified on all platforms.
Deal breakers:

• 3D era storylines
  • a heavy 3D era roster (again, from the "Deadly Alliance through "Armageddon" period)
  • No Kitana or Mileena (my mains of the last 3 games. Don't need both, just one)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. Hop
  2. Breakaway
  3. Flawless block
  4. Fatal blow
  5. Krushing blow
  6. Getup attacks
  7. Automatic meter
  8. Rolls
  9. Custom variations (Go back to MKX style or have no variations)
  10. Slow pace
  11. 50/50 throws
  12. 20 different colours of the same skin
  13. Cole Young
  14. Kollector
  15. MK11s boring combo system
  16. MK11 voice actors (Bring back Karen Strassman, Patrick Seitz, Jamieson Price, Michael McConnohie, Kevin Lally, Tom Choi, Tricia Helfer & FOR THE LOVE OF GOD bring back David Lodge as Kabal!)
  17. Boring Cassie (I love MKX Cassie)
  18. Wokeness
Honestly, if NRS could go back to being NRS pre-2017 & stop trying to be SNK that would be great, MK12 doesn't need to be a Mortal Shodown 2.
yep , your list is amazing, and I happen to agree with ..... MKX Cassie is much better than MK11, personality wise, hehe ! ;)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I can't think of any specific mechanic from MKX or MK11 that I want gone, but there's a lot of them that could use further refinement. I think things like Gear, Breakaway, Flawless Block, Krushing Blows are interesting ideas, but weren't executed as well as they could have been, especially Breakaway.