What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

gibster13

A fan of fans
I think the nerfs are sort of fair and thats coming from a Quan main.

As long as only close rune is -1 I'm fine

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I agree pretty much entirely with Shujinkydink's summary a page or so back of what the changes mean for Quan, I think he pretty much nailed it. Making ex-Rune unchanged on regular and far rune is something NRS should do IMO.
Quans runes are heavily plus to help him open you up as well as maintain pressure. Considering how horrid his normals are, it helps him compete with the cast up close. People like Jax, Cage, Kotal, Ferra.Torr that have stupid up close game gets their pressure for free. Quan is meter dependent. He's not as big of a threat up close without it.
Horrid normals? Are you serious? He has some of the best in the game! What hell do you think Jax's pressure is that he gets for free lol? It's all off high's don't be ridiculous

Horrid normals? I don't think so.
He has an half screen b2 which becomes a + on block launcher if charged, 6f d1, great d3, b3, one of the best jump in punch and NJP in the game...
Yes, a b2 that is negative on block and never catches good players because they know that his b3 is nothing to fear unless he's up close, its also negative on hit. Once again, he needs meter to be more so a threat. Compared to the rest of thec cast, yes Quans normals are child's play. His njp and jip are good though. We agree on that.

I agree pretty much entirely with Shujinkydink's summary a page or so back of what the changes mean for Quan, I think he pretty much nailed it. Making ex-Rune unchanged on regular and far rune is something NRS should do IMO.
Horrid normals? Are you serious? He has some of the best in the game! What hell do you think Jax's pressure is that he gets for free lol? It's all off high's don't be ridiculous
What is so great about Quans normals? His b2 is negative both on hit and block. Yes, it has exceptional range but high level players never get caught by it unless you're up close so the b3 has to be feared as well. They all are mostly highs and have slow start up. Which is why I said that he is too meter dependent. Meter is the only way he can pressure. If his normals were so good then he would be able to compete up close when getting pressured. Instead he's forced block for 20sec at a time and pray that his opponent screws up. His fastest poke is 6f but on +3 on hit so nobody respects it. Did I miss anything? @YOMI FOREVER KING

Last edited:

God Confirm

What is so great about Quans normals? Hit b2 is negative both on hit and block. Yes, it has exceptional range but high level players never get caught by it unless you're up close so the b3 has to be feared as well. They all are mostly highs and have slow start up. Which is why I said that he is too meter dependent. Meter is the only way he can pressure.
It's full reach instead of advancing, it is a big wall of "fuck you, half your life" that catches anyone trying to get it on you from like midscreen, one of the longest range normals in the game outside of KJ and Predator, both of whom it outspeeds by miles (15f) and is also an overhead

High level players get caught by it all the time, watch high level Quan play like King and the like. If you can't catch people with this move it's because you need to improve your game lol you couldn't ask for much more

And that's forgetting about his NjP, JiP, D3, B3, B1.... he has some great buttons, and some good buttons, some amazing buttons and some bad buttons. But you cannot describe this character as having horrid normals there is no fucking way lol

It's full reach instead of advancing, it is a big wall of "fuck you, half your life" that catches anyone trying to get it on you from like midscreen, one of the longest range normals in the game outside of KJ and Predator, both of whom it outspeeds by miles (15f) and is also an overhead

High level players get caught by it all the time, watch high level Quan play like King and the like. If you can't catch people with this move it's because you need to improve your game lol you couldn't ask for much more

And that's forgetting about his NjP, JiP, D3, B3, B1.... he has some great buttons, and some good buttons, some amazing buttons and some bad buttons. But you cannot describe this character as having horrid normals there is no fucking way lol
Horrid may be a bit much lol allow me to rephrase that. His normals are moderate, not great. I main Quan and that's how I personally feel. I've played King, MichaelAngelo and Sacky and I stand by my opinion. Yes the b2 is a good footsie tool, but its very situational. Like I keep saying, Quan is too meter dependent. No meter, and the b2 has less value because of its crappy frame data. His jip and njp are great, we agree on that, but most of his normals have slow start up and are negative. Jax has great normals, Cassie has great normals etc. That's just my opinion man.

God Confirm

15f for an OH is not crappy lol, most are 17-19, for example, Lao, Jax, Sub, Kung Jin, are all characters who rely on OH's much slower, that can't be made safe, and none of them even come close to matching his range except for Jin and his second hit whiffs at Quans B2 range.

It's probably the best OH in the game outside of Ronin's or Ermac's, maybe Sonyas. It really isn't situational I bloody live by B2 when I play Quan, you need to get board with that man. I'm done talking about it now because if you STILL feel its a mediocre normal then there is something else going on here lol

15f for an OH is not crappy lol, most are 17-19, for example, Lao, Jax, Sub, Kung Jin, are all characters who rely on OH's much slower, that can't be made safe, and none of them even come close to matching his range except for Jin and his second hit whiffs at Quans B2 range.

It's probably the best OH in the game outside of Ronin's or Ermac's, maybe Sonyas. It really isn't situational I bloody live by B2 when I play Quan, you need to get board with that man. I'm done talking about it now because if you STILL feel its a mediocre normal then there is something else going on here lol
Medicore? Are those your words or mine? All I'm saying is that without meter it isn't as good, but hey to each is own brother.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So about the talk of Quan's B2.

It's good at plenty of things, and I'm not here to tell you it isn't but....

Go into training mode, find out the actual max range of it, then hit your opponent with B2xxMB rune from that range.

All I'm gonna say.

God Confirm

So about the talk of Quan's B2.

It's good at plenty of things, and I'm not here to tell you it isn't but....

Go into training mode, find out the actual max range of it, then hit your opponent with B2xxMB rune from that range.

All I'm gonna say.
Are you talking about the fact that at max range only regular rune connects instead of the usual close range rune? Or something else

AeWhole

Noob
Bat can no longer be a low attack. Quan looses is low starter.
He'll still have a god like B3. It's a little less range than a D4 not Predator's D4. But, that's none of my business...

Basically if Summoner gets nerfed at all Warlock will be the best variation next to Sorcerer.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
OFFICIAL SALT ANNOUNCEMENT! (Reminder)
QUAN CHI MAINS WILL OBVIOUSLY BE MAKING BUFF THREADS FOR QUAN CHI SO WHEN MARCH 1ST COMES UP GRAB YOUR POPCORN BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR MORE BUFF THREADS.

AeWhole

Noob
Are you talking about the fact that at max range only regular rune connects instead of the usual close range rune? Or something else
Actually neither hit... Do you main Quan
It's very unreliable. Also max range B2 is a joke if you get hit by a B2 at max range you were taking a nap at the wheel.

God Confirm

Actually neither hit... Do you main Quan
It's very unreliable. Also max range B2 is a joke if you get hit by a B2 at max range you were taking a nap at the wheel.
I love how it's "Do you even main Quan??" as though it suddenly changes the facts of the matter, or as though Quan mains are known for their ability to be impartial.

There's a video of B2 at close to max range, connecting into a regular Rune.

Do you even main Quan?

AeWhole

Noob
I love how it's "Do you even main Quan??" as though it suddenly changes the facts of the matter, or as though Quan mains are known for their ability to be impartial.

Do you even main Quan?
Take a pixel of a step farther and a pixel of a step back you'll wiff both.

God Confirm

Take a pixel of a step farther and a pixel of a step back you'll wiff both.
No you won't lol, if you connect that B2 any further back the Rune will still connect, in fact the rune will be hitting even more squarely on the hitbox. Jump in the lab now and test your theories friend, because they are well mislead. If they are not, feel free to put up a video proving otherwise

AeWhole

Noob
No you won't lol, if you connect that B2 any further back the Rune will still connect, in fact the rune will be hitting even more squarely on the hitbox. Jump in the lab now and test your theories friend, because they are well mislead. If they are not, feel free to put up a video proving otherwise
I made a video proving you otherwise, I think. There has always been a gap in the rune distances that not even pro players seem to take advantage of. It's very hard to do granted.
(May take a while to upload)

God Confirm

I made a video proving you otherwise, I think. There has always been a gap in the rune distances that not even pro players seem to take advantage of. It's very hard to do granted.
(May take a while to upload)
i know that there is a range in between close and maximum where the runes where both will whiff, I thought everyone knows that the runes have a gap in there space control. I didnt say anything about that at any stage. Here's what I've been talking about so far

at max range only regular rune connects instead of the usual close range rune?
I appreciate the time you took to make a video, but if you aren't showing how max range B2 whiffs into regular rune, then you aren't clearing up any misinformation other than your own, as you specifically said it didn't.

AeWhole

Noob
i know that there is a range in between close and maximum where the runes where both will whiff, I thought everyone knows that the runes have a gap in there space control. I didnt say anything about that at any stage. Here's what I've been talking about so far

I appreciate the time you took to make a video, but if you aren't showing how max range B2 whiffs into regular rune, then you aren't clearing up any misinformation other than your own, as you specifically said it didn't.
That absolute max range is not the optimal range that you would use B2. It's actually very hard to get that absolute max range. I also placed in the description you can only convert off of it with another bar of meter with trance or ground bursts. I appreciate you not raging and yes you are technically right it still doesn't change the argument of you can't get anything meaningful off of a B2 that hits that far away and far too often what ends up happening is Quan damage gets skimmed off the top because one of the regular runes misses but the second iteration of rune didn't. The other thing that happens is when you are that far away most knowledgeable players will just block high and wait for Quan to jump in or B2. Also if you get hit by an almost midscreen B2; Quan caught you sleeping at the wheel.

God Confirm

That absolute max range is not the optimal range that you would use B2. It's actually very hard to get that absolute max range. I also placed in the description you can only convert off of it with another bar of meter with trance or ground bursts. I appreciate you not raging and yes you are technically right it still doesn't change the argument of you can't get anything meaningful off of a B2 that hits that far away and far too often what ends up happening is Quan damage gets skimmed off the top because one of the regular runes misses but the second iteration of rune didn't. The other thing that happens is when you are that far away most knowledgeable players will just block high and wait for Quan to jump in or B2. Also if you get hit by an almost midscreen B2; Quan caught you sleeping at the wheel.
I didn't say converting off B2 at max range is consistent or even practical. And if you were to ask me if it was instead of deciding my opinion for me, I would say it is not at all.

All I did was genuinely ask STRYKIE if the fact that this is the only thing you can connect after a B2 is regular rune is what he was referring to with a post that was made deliberately open to examination.

God Confirm

However I would like to know why B2 is so terrible and you think your opponent has to be "asleep" to get hit by it. It's a 15f overhead with one of the best hitbox's in the game in that it's all reach, and it has significant range advantage on even some of the best mids in the game. Are we just not allowed to press advancings vs Quan or something?

AeWhole

Noob
I didn't say converting off B2 at max range is consistent or even practical. And if you were to ask me if it was instead of deciding my opinion for me, I would say it is not at all.

All I did was genuinely ask STRYKIE if the fact that this is the only thing you can connect after a B2 is regular rune is what he was referring to with a post that was made deliberately open to examination.
You have been defending the position that is stating that B2 is as good as people think it is along with saying downplay statements about how better than average B2 really is. This all implied in my mind that you thought connecting a max range B2 was how B2 is one of the reasons B2 is so good. You never stated what I mentioned specifically but what STRYKIE's tongue in cheek statement was saying was that B2 is not as good as most might think and this is one of the many reasons why.

So, I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth.