What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

That's because his opponents execution was poor. Not because Quan can get out of 12 frames of block stun for free
Let's not also forget that + frames can be challenged depending on the players following attack. Just because a player is left at advantage, doesn't mean their opponent is at their mercy.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Let's not also forget that + frames can be challenged depending on the players following attack. Just because a player is left at advantage, doesn't mean their opponent is at their mercy.
They could go for something risky but that's only because they have the option for guaranteed pressure as well. +12 is not easy to challenge
I'm pretty sure Michaelangelo was reading a grab. Whether Slayer was actually going for one, who knows....
Ah ok. I didn't see the match. I was trying to make it clear to that guy that Mike was fortunate that it worked

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
That's because his opponents execution was poor. Not because Quan can get out of 12 frames of block stun for free
How do you know the execution was shit?It's not that hard to perform a s1 after ex hatspin lol.He could've went for throw too, he could've went for anything.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Who is the source for these joke nerfs? Summoner will obviously get nerfed hard as he should be, but whoever made up these nerfs is definitely trolling, NRS would not neuter his other two variations like that. This reminds me of the fake Shinnok nerfs from the last patch where they made him have only one hell spark which had to be controlled and other absurd stuff like that. You guys are super gullible if you think this is happening.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
On a serious note, I hope all Quan players don't drop him just because he gets normalized. I will play this character to the end of the games cycle. Its just going to take more thinking and reads to be successful with him. GOD forbid you have to utilize your brain while playing this game aside from running in and mashing buttons as well as cheap bs to make it easier. Good players don't need training wheels, they need competition.
All I'm going to say is if they make Quan's EX rune -1 on block, that character is finished. Not only will it affect his zoning, but it will also affect his pressure as well. If his EX rune becomes -1 on block, it takes away the mind game from full screen where you have to respect rune after blocking EX rune. At -1, you could block EX rune and be guaranteed run to cover some distance.

It sucks getting knocked down with Quan. Obviously with no armor, he is helpless when he is knocked down on his back and his opponent gets free pressure/mixups.

With that being said, that's why Quan has great zoning. To make less of a chance for him to get knocked down. If they nerf Quan's zoning, I'll probably no longer use him. It's already annoying enough playing him now with no armor, I couldn't imagine playing him with no armor AND bad zoning. People will be getting in and knocking you down all the time.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
All I'm going to say is if they make Quan's EX rune -1 on block, that character is finished. Not only will it affect his zoning, but it will also affect his pressure as well. If his EX rune becomes -1 on block, it takes away the mind game from full screen where you have to respect rune after blocking EX rune. At -1, you could block EX rune and be guaranteed run to cover some distance.

It sucks getting knocked down with Quan. Obviously with no armor, he is helpless when he is knocked down on his back and his opponent gets free pressure/mixups.

With that being said, that's why Quan has great zoning. To make less of a chance for him to get knocked down. If they nerf Quan's zoning, I'll probably no longer use him. It's already annoying enough playing him now with no armor, I couldn't imagine playing him with no armor AND bad zoning. People will be getting in and knocking you down all the time.
I see what they're trying to do with EX rune. The problem is how he can use it in pressure. They could have just left him a little +, but I think they're looking at the fact that his offense right now is a vortex game with a way to keep it going because one of his options jails after EX rune. They want to weaken that, but that means weakening the zoning, too, unfortunately.

What I find weird is how they nerfed trance apparently, too. Because that ruins Sorcerer, really.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Game mechanics changes will help quan a bunch. Being able to tech throws on reaction helps him on defense a lot because he used to get murdered by stagger pressure. This is also a universal nerf to pressure characters relative to 50/50 characters. It would be kinda ridiculous if his 50/50 based offense was left alone while all the non 50/50 characters got their offense nerfed. Breaker changes also help him a bunch too.

We also don't know if he got any subtle buffs. I'm not ready to conclude anything yet.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

Someone mentioned it earlier but they could make just the far version still +14 and the close command -1. That way he'd still have zoning but nerf the pressure

They could go for something risky but that's only because they have the option for guaranteed pressure as well. +12 is not easy to challenge

Ah ok. I didn't see the match. I was trying to make it clear to that guy that Mike was fortunate that it worked

I have been saying this for months @YOMI FOREVER KING .Yet, people let their hatred for Quan cloud the ability to be fair while conversing about him. I've told people time and time again that either Quan gets the game going or gets wrecked. Not being able to wake up in a game as aggressive as this is a huge detriment. They love to point out his pros but always ignore his cons. Shits really annoying. Yet, characters like DF Liu and A-list are so fair and shouldn't be touched.

LiquidDrone

Sorcerer
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I've been maining sorcerer since day 1 and I would like to express my thoughts on this rumoured nerfs.

Quan needs nerfs, I agree with that absolutely, especially summoner needs some good adjustments to make him more fair. But this is too much. Whoever says the contrary IMO either hates Quan, or is not fully capable of understanding the strange dynamics that make this character (sorcerer in particular) VERY hard to use AND to deal with. Even now Quan struggles A LOT in quite a few areas.

I would give him THE FOLLOWING NERFS: Summoner- No more low bat, Sorcerer - Armour spell lasts for a shorter period. Ex rune to +10

themanDan

The saw is family
Fear the hammer Quan mains, it's coming down hard.

But seriously, I might look into playing woolay when he gets normalized as he was one of my favorites in mk9. Also, I just love his mk4 costume.

I think it's smart. Ex rune nerfs both strong variations of quan. Plus he still has ex skull which is +16 on block. So his pressure is still there. My biggest question is warlock. This nerf hurts him bad. I hope they give him a little something, but again that all depends on the overall balance changes of the game. If the top tier is all nerfed a tiny bit, a bad character in the current build may be a decent character in the future build. We will have to see how the likes of tanya/lao/Liu Kang are changed.

The biggest question I have about the rune is, is it still the same on hit? Allowing for combo launching?

Also the no bat during trance is awesome and will get all the Quannabes off his nuts and leave the gameplay to the Quanfather. Fucking Tier whores
In your video explaining the nerfs you said it sucks that Quan won't be able to summon the bat during trance. Now you're saying it's awesome that he can't summon the bat during trance. You're confusing me, Dink lol>_<

It sucks that Quan is getting nerfed, if that is true, but I'll still be maining him. He won't be as easy to use but he'll still be fun to play.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I've been maining sorcerer since day 1 and I would like to express my thoughts on this rumoured nerfs.

Quan needs nerfs, I agree with that absolutely, especially summoner needs some good adjustments to make him more fair. But this is too much. Whoever says the contrary IMO either hates Quan, or is not fully capable of understanding the strange dynamics that make this character (sorcerer in particular) VERY hard to use AND to deal with. Even now Quan struggles A LOT in quite a few areas.

I would give him THE FOLLOWING NERFS: Summoner- No more low bat, Sorcerer - Armour spell lasts for a shorter period. Ex rune to +10
i would be willing to leave the trance alone, if that would keep the other 2 variations untouched.

but that OH to Low bat needs to be changed... maybe in summoner only the OH or BAT has a delayed startup.... so that way there is spacing between the two... and there should be considerable Punishment for quan if blocked.

i honestly don't know if BAT to OH is even punishable, because i have never blocked it ina real live match. this coming from a player that 9/10 blockes sonya, EB, Cassie mixups. but never blocks Quan Summoner shenanigans.

and runes do need to be toned down. wish on all my characters i had a special that i can put out freely to get more pressure...

if Raiden got traps out and they where +10 at least on block id be ok with it.. but as of now i am sure 90% of the cast dont have it.. and mind you plenty of those kombatants i speek of dont have good wakeups either.

AeWhole

Noob
I'm by no means a professional. But, they really just need to make B2 a little slower and Quan will be a much easier match-up for everyone. All the variations are very strong with 50/50's that lead into more 50/50's making it essentially a 78% chance to get a full combo in off two bars. (Roughly 45% mid screen)

Then everyone who bitches about Quan can just be told to armor through both his pressure strings. Oh and don't get blown up with the predictable armor through the strings. I tell everyone who says Quan is absolutely busted to play him and learn his strings and try to do pressure with him. It is completely meter dependent. His pressure I mean. You're not going to see a Quan JIP full combo you if he has no meter to burn. People are just garbage at this game I think.

That being said Quan is still S+ tier because a lot of his tools are guaranteed and fairly reliable.

I'm by no means a professional. But, they really just need to make B2 a little slower and Quan will be a much easier match-up for everyone. All the variations are very strong with 50/50's that lead into more 50/50's making it essentially a 78% chance to get a full combo in off two bars. (Roughly 45% mid screen)

Then everyone who bitches about Quan can just be told to armor through both his pressure strings. Oh and don't get blown up with the predictable armor through the strings. I tell everyone who says Quan is absolutely busted to play him and learn his strings and try to do pressure with him. It is completely meter dependent. His pressure I mean. You're not going to see a Quan JIP full combo you if he has no meter to burn. People are just garbage at this game I think.

That being said Quan is still S+ tier because a lot of his tools are guaranteed and fairly reliable.
B2 Iis very slow you can poke an interrupt it easily and with EX Rune become -1 on block then its gonna be even more unsafe

i would be willing to leave the trance alone, if that would keep the other 2 variations untouched.

but that OH to Low bat needs to be changed... maybe in summoner only the OH or BAT has a delayed startup.... so that way there is spacing between the two... and there should be considerable Punishment for quan if blocked.

i honestly don't know if BAT to OH is even punishable, because i have never blocked it ina real live match. this coming from a player that 9/10 blockes sonya, EB, Cassie mixups. but never blocks Quan Summoner shenanigans.

and runes do need to be toned down. wish on all my characters i had a special that i can put out freely to get more pressure...

if Raiden got traps out and they where +10 at least on block id be ok with it.. but as of now i am sure 90% of the cast dont have it.. and mind you plenty of those kombatants i speek of dont have good wakeups either.
Quans runes are heavily plus to help him open you up as well as maintain pressure. Considering how horrid his normals are, it helps him compete with the cast up close. People like Jax, Cage, Kotal, Ferra.Torr that have stupid up close game gets their pressure for free. Quan is meter dependent. He's not as big of a threat up close without it.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Quans runes are heavily plus to help him open you up as well as maintain pressure. Considering how horrid his normals are, it helps him compete with the cast up close. People like Jax, Cage, Kotal, Ferra.Torr that have stupid up close game gets their pressure for free. Quan is meter dependent. He's not as big of a threat up close without it.
Horrid normals? I don't think so.
He has an half screen b2 which becomes a + on block launcher if charged, 6f d1, great d3, b3, one of the best jump in punch and NJP in the game...