What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Sounds like you'll need to be smarter against them then, yeah?

Why can't you? He still has plenty left.
yes your right, i will have to be smarter, which is why ill be making the smartest decision of all and dropping him for other characters.

on the flipside Scorp is getting some much needed love and i already use him heavily, so ill be just fine.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
The zoning will be more read-based, as will the post-MB Rune guessing game.

Meanwhile, Liu Kang will still look three blockstrings in a row into a + on block special.

#balance
Actually hes getting nerfed to so..... yeah. .balance

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yes your right, i will have to be smarter, which is why ill be making the smartest decision of all and dropping him for other characters.

on the flipside Scorp is getting some much needed love and i already use him heavily, so ill be just fine.
So wait, because you have to try a little harder to use your character, you'll just drop them?

Why are you even discussing this then?

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I think it's smart. Ex rune nerfs both strong variations of quan. Plus he still has ex skull which is +16 on block. So his pressure is still there. My biggest question is warlock. This nerf hurts him bad. I hope they give him a little something, but again that all depends on the overall balance changes of the game. If the top tier is all nerfed a tiny bit, a bad character in the current build may be a decent character in the future build. We will have to see how the likes of tanya/lao/Liu Kang are changed.

The biggest question I have about the rune is, is it still the same on hit? Allowing for combo launching?

Also the no bat during trance is awesome and will get all the Quannabes off his nuts and leave the gameplay to the Quanfather. Fucking Tier whores
The skull would give Quan nice pressure but midscreen if it were to hit you would only be able to confirm it if you had the bat out. So it could only really be used for pressure in the corner or after a bat summon during trance. Which I suppose isn't to bad just a bit annoying.

The trance thing is an inconvenience but there are ways to deal with it but that's summoners thing removed. I feel something like one bat move per combo would be a better idea. But the Quannabes are bad at the game so it doesn't really make a difference.

Plus I'm not a tier whore. Blame random select

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
So wait, because you have to try a little harder to use your character, you'll just drop them?

no, i just don't agree with the changes their giving him so therefor i won't use him anymore, its the fact that their doing something they didnt need to do and could have gone about it a different way.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Because Quan is not his character, he was bandwagoning him since he was stupid easy to open people up with and did an unfair amount of damage when he did. Not everyone genuinely connects with their characters like we do, some people just pick whoever gives them the W easiest. He will not adapt, he will give up without thinking twice because he doesnt give 2 shits about "his character." Scorpion was the most recently buffed mix up character so no surprise he flocked straight to him

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
if you haven't real experience against the character and you don't use the character why are you trying to speak on how he should be changed like you're an expert?
Well, i do use quan chi and have used and all variations but I don't main him, and i still do use him.Summoner is quite fun for me.And at first i thought he was straight up OP and broken, but ever since i played him, i felt he's a bit too much, but he doesn't feel as annoying as some other characters and i didn't even know the actual match up,maybe it's just me.But i have played one quan chi and he destroyed me, but i can speak from both sides, and if i would NERF him.I'd just give him scaling nerfs.Just my opinion.

And i never said I'm an expert, i have no idea where you got that one from.So i guess stating my opinion says I'm an expert?:confused:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Losing one frame of advantage off bicycle kick.

Better switch mains, man. What a completely comparable nerf.
Except the changes in the beta arent final. There are more to come. Why dont you just stop crying and wait it out and ADAPT to the changes like we all will.. you quan mains man lmao

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
an ocean of tears in every quan thread lol, all quan mains should take on more balanced and fair character like, you know, Kang or Lao :DOGE
if they change the rune to -1 they better give him some defensive options, a better armored move or at least fix his shitty skydrop

But as the Quan player, if you know that the opponent will run in after a blocked ex rune, you also know that he has to attack you and that attack has start up frames. If the opponent is mid to full screen and prone to running in after a blocked mb rune, just time your njp and hide behind its amazing hit box.
I am not saying you can't make a read with NJP or b2. I am saying that after one rune your opponent is in. It isn't zoning anymore. It is just a check with a rune and that's it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Except the changes in the beta arent final. There are more to come. Why dont you just stop crying and wait it out and ADAPT to the changes like we all will.. you quan mains man lmao

Who said I wouldn't?

Please find the post where I explicitly state that I am dropping Quan.