What's new

What if all the variations were rolled up into one? Who would be best & Who would you choose?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I honestly don't see Lao jumping up too much. He only gains low hat and EX Buzzsaw spin, which are good but wouldn't really push him above the likes of Quan, Predator, D'Vorah, Cassie and Johnny IMO.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Piercing damage PLUS ethereal teleports lol oh god yes! Shinnok would be fucking irritating kunglao is already irritating, sub ze.. Anyways
Kanos mid hit knifes & overhead string ? Getting annoyed thinking about. Dont get me started on sonya -_-

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Pretty sure Quan-Chi would have to be removed/banned from the game if this happened. Can you imagine being cornered against a Quan with a bat out and an armour portal down with 3 bars and access to an armoured reversal and a MB armoured reset, can't think of anyone who could compete with that really.. maybe Kotal but since Quan has the trance he can somewhat nullify the effect of obsidian totem to some degree since it usually wears off during the trance animation. Kotal would definitely have some sick damage capabilities though. Predator with access to lasers and traps would be pretty bad ass too but I still think Quan could take him no problem. Would be cool if they had a test your luck modifier that gave the player access to all 3 of their variations move sets but I guess it wouldn't work for some characters.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Predator would be broken AF,

overheads, sd, trap, healing, and plasma castor. it'll be so dumb

Aramonde

Noob
This would be MKX's Omega mode but insane. And think about what some character would like XD
Quan: Glowing red shoulder spikes with red eyes and purple pupils & tats with green skele hands and front skull.

E

Eldriken

Kotal Kahn would probably be pretty retarded. Not only would you have to worry about tick grabs, you would have to worry about War God mixups on top of Blood God's damage potential or damage reduction. huuuuuue

HAVE FUN.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I think we can all agree that NRS should include an omega mode in the next major update of the game. Screw balance, just go crazy.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
An interesting idea was being discussed among the Dallas MKX group, courtesy of @Korey Wilburn. Given the growth of Mortal Kombat X, and the knowledge we as a community possess, which character would be the strongest if all their variations were combined?

Since I main Kung Lao, I don't think too many changes would occur. He would gain low hat for extra zoning and mixups, and possibly the option to choose which version of EX spin to use. I honestly don't know anything about Hat Trick.

Discuss!

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
What about Predator or Kung jin all would be hard to deal with. I think Quan would be the best hands down.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If every character had 1 single variation that included the elements of all three of their variations, who would be on top? The game would be more ridiculous than Marvel, true. But in spite of this, would a clear cut number one be readily obvious? Think about it:

-Quan Chi would be ABSOLUTELY stupid. ARMORED unblockables and a wake up. But would he be number 1?

-D'Vorah would pressure the hell out of you while doing poison damage along the way.

-Johnny Cage would be so fucking stupid lol. Fisticuffed, plus run cancels would mean you'd never get a turn, like during a game session in the 90s when your older brother claimed you'll get a chance to play Super Mario World on the SNES if he dies once, but pretends not to hear you when you confront him.

-Sub Zero would be a terror. No chip. Reduced damage. Parries, 40+% mid screen damage and Klone shatter combos into cold blooded in the corner for 70%+

-Jason would still suck

-Kotal would be at every tournament and in every top 8. He'd be a perfect character.

-Tanya would be an untouchable little shit. Pogo jumping and zoning you the eff out while pressuring you when you finally DO maneuver across her Edenian obstacle course.

-Mileena will keep you guessing for days, possibly even nights.

-Reptile will have setups where he launches you, slows down time, and does unreasonably high DOT while you can do nothing but watch, and like John Cena, you won't see him.

-Predator would be doing his brutality laugh every other second of the match because even he knows how stupid he would be.

Predator: *zones the fuck out of you* *tosses trap*

Opponent: *patiently tries to get around zoning. Lands on trap after jumping*

Predator: Heh heh heh heh heh

-Scorpion would disown Takaeda and all of his block infinites while Kenshi alleges he has no son.

-Louie Kang would pressure the ever living fuck out of you with his fire ball cancels, but with flame fist activated, you'll die after one rep.

My pick for number 1: Quan Chi.

Reasoning: He'll just be waaaaaay too dumb. Others will be dumb, sure, but he'll be on another level.

Last edited:

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Kotal would be best imo.

All 3 variations are good for their own reasons, and they all play off B1. He would still play similar utilizing B1, but he'd have war god mixups and armor coupled with totems on hit and every tick throw mixup he has in sun god.

Also, he would have + on block damage totem setups into B1xxTick Throw for like 30%.

Shinnok, Quan and Sonya would all be insane as well though.