What's new

What if ALL of the leaks are real, and NONE of them are true?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
What if it’s all just a sly way for NRS to find out which new employees they can actually trust?

Give everyone different rosters, since everyone really only works on their own little parts... then they can immediately tell who slipped just by who’s on the each leaked roster.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That is a good point and the best case against the recent leaks. They most likely did something to catch the leakers of the email thing. I don’t think this is it though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You can't just give developers different rosters.. The cast of the game has been signed off months and months ago. You're not gonna be a dev there and be in the dark about the cast 3 months before release.

Just because you haven't seen the other characters doesn't mean that the developers in the office haven't been seeing them, for months, talking about them literally since concept stage, and playtesting them/working on them actively.

Besides, don't you think that if you could somehow keep your employees in the dark about what they're developing in your own office, and you just handed them all different lists, that they'd talk about the character lists and instantly realize this?

Last edited:

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
You can't just give developers different rosters.. The cast of the game has been signed off months and months ago. You're not gonna be a dev there and be in the dark about the cast 3 months before release.

Just because you haven't seen the other characters doesn't mean that the developers in the office haven't been seeing them, for months, talking about them literally since concept stage, and playtesting them/working on them actively.

Besides, don't you think that if you could somehow keep your employees in the dark about what they're developing in your own office, and you just handed them all different lists, that they'd talk about the character lists and instantly realize this?

D

Deleted member 59910

What if it’s all just a sly way for NRS to find out which new employees they can actually trust?

Give everyone different rosters, since everyone really only works on their own little parts... then they can immediately tell who slipped just by who’s on the each leaked roster.

"I have worked designing Scorpion's spear, but my roster don't have Scorpion listed as playable"
"I have designed Rain and Noob to appear in the Main Menu, but I think they will not make the cut"...

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Interesting theory, I'll give you that.

But...

I think it simply just got leaked. No duplicity, no cloak and daggers, no elaborate trust games. Just an unfortunate leak for them. :/

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

My jest has gone unnoticed :(

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
what if you are the only one who's real & everyone else on this site is a robot studying you because you hold the key to saving mankind....my therapist tells me thats not very likely but what does she know, she's been dead for 3 years & her secretary's a lizard person.
At least I'm not the only that thought about that...

...or am I?