What's new

What Happened, NRS?!

Interesting that Goro is "only" 2000 years old - then you have Kitana and Sindel spawning 5 times that lifetime. It puts some things into perspective as just how old some characters actually are.
Have they ever actually stated Sindel's age?

I know Kitana, being 10,000 years old, is at about the same place in life as Liu or Lao (early to mid-20's for humans), so if you do the rough math, I'm guessing somewhere between 20,000-25,000 maybe?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Have they ever actually stated Sindel's age?

I know Kitana, being 10,000 years old, is at about the same place in life as Liu or Lao (early to mid-20's for humans), so if you do the rough math, I'm guessing somewhere between 20,000-25,000 maybe?
I dont remember they ever stating Sindel's age, but her being Kitana's mother obviously sets her as older. Keep in mind, however, that the Edenians could perhaps have children at around the same age as regular folk (say mid-twenties to thirties, give or take), reaching adulthood at the same time and just not "becoming elderly" at the same rate. Otherwise, we could end up with a scenario where Kitana is a baby for hundreds if not thousands of years, and a bratty teenager for another thousands of years, which imo would be hilarious.

I dont remember they ever stating Sindel's age, but her being Kitana's mother obviously sets her as older. Keep in mind, however, that the Edenians could perhaps have children at around the same age as regular folk (say mid-twenties to thirties, give or take), reaching adulthood at the same time and just not "becoming elderly" at the same rate. Otherwise, we could end up with a scenario where Kitana is a baby for hundreds if not thousands of years, and a bratty teenager for another thousands of years, which imo would be hilarious.
Very good points.

Was Kitana's age introduced before the 1995 movie?
I don't believe so. It's not mentioned in Mortal Kombat II at all. Her ending (non-canonical) mentions her parents originally ruled Outworld, Edenia didn't exist yet.

On an aside, in the original timeline, does anyone remember when Mileena was introduced to Kitana? Did they grow up together, or did Mileena come along later? I've never been able to get a clear answer on this (the Malibu Comic is non-canon).

Art Lean

Noob
On an aside, in the original timeline, does anyone remember when Mileena was introduced to Kitana? Did they grow up together, or did Mileena come along later? I've never been able to get a clear answer on this (the Malibu Comic is non-canon).
MK2 ending states that "Kitana has learned many secrets, especially about her own past. She finds out that Mileena is not her twin but a grotesque clone created by Shang Tsung."

Without resorting to any speculation about brainwashing or long-lost siblings being reunited later it life, taken purely at face-value that would suggest that Mileena was either created when Kitana was a baby or at the very latest when she was a toddler if Kitana was to have grown up none the wiser.

I believe Legacy followed that straight-forward theory didn't it?

Without resorting to any speculation about brainwashing or long-lost siblings being reunited later it life, taken purely at face-value that would suggest that Mileena was either created when Kitana was a baby or at the very latest when she was a toddler if Kitana was to have grown up none the wiser.
I always thought they'd have grown up together to, but I've also read that Mileena was introduced as Kitana's "long lost sister" when she was about 9000, around the time Shao started having doubts about her.

Again, I've never found a clear-cut answer in the original timeline. The former makes simpler sense, but seeing as how she clearly has a Tarkatan mouth and nose, you'd think Kitana would have clued in that something wasn't right somewhere through those 10,000 years. It's not like Mileena would have worn a mask that entire time around her.

Being introduced within the last thousand years makes that a bit more plausible (but still pretty out there).

I believe Legacy followed that straight-forward theory didn't it?
Correct, but it's non-canon.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I recall both Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat (movie) came out in 1995, can't recall which came first. The 10,000 year old concept definitely came about in this year, though.
The game is from March, and the movie from August. Movie productions are long though, so it might have been written there first.

Art Lean

Noob
I recall both Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat (movie) came out in 1995, can't recall which came first. The 10,000 year old concept definitely came about in this year, though.
Just checked, MK3 arcade was out 5 months earlier, so obviously came from that, though undoubtedly the film-makers must have had some insight into the new game backstories being worked on whilst the movie was being filmed (much like how Threshold were also given usage of Quan Chi to help promote 4 and Mythologies a year before either came out), to ensure it didn't feel two-plots behind the new game it was effectively promoting. Filming began in August 1994 (around the time MK2 was only just about to be released on home consoles) and ended in December 1994, just 3 months before MK3 was released to arcades. Amazing how quickly it all moved back then!

Last edited:
Just checked, MK3 arcade was out 5 months earlier, so obviously came from that, though undoubtedly the film-makers must have had some insight into the new game backstories being worked on whilst the movie was being filmed (much like how Threshold were also given usage of Quan Chi to help promote 4 and Mythologies a year before either came out), to ensure it didn't feel two-plots behind the new game it was effectively promoting. Filming began in August 1994 (around the time MK2 was only just about to be released on home consoles) and ended in December 1994, just 3 months before MK3 was released to arcades. Amazing how quickly it all moved back then!
I also loved how the movie had Kombat Kodes in the credits.

5 months into the game and this shit still exists and is used in official tournament settings...

Doing a great job, NRS!
I mean she has proof that a participant from the offcial pro tour used a glitch to achieve a big advantage,shouldnt this be a easy DQ and she advances instead?

Its the least they can do,or is there nobody monitoring their own pro tour lol

Sadly with the latest rumors of crossplay being delayed,looks like these type of bugs will remain in the game,apperantly the desync issues requierd so much time and effort from the entire studio,that Cp and john cena are delayed.Which makes you wonder what the hell is up with ther staff structure.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I mean she has proof that a participant from the offcial pro tour used a glitch to achieve a big advantage,shouldnt this be a easy DQ and she advances instead?

Its the least they can do,or is there nobody monitoring their own pro tour lol

Sadly with the latest rumors of crossplay being delayed,looks like these type of bugs will remain in the game,apperantly the desync issues requierd so much time and effort from the entire studio,that Cp and john cena are delayed.Which makes you wonder what the hell is up with ther staff structure.
Not necessarily. If this specific glitch wasn’t banned before that tournament, then there’s no reason anyone should get DQ’d for it. Yeah it’s shitty but that’s just how it goes. It’s an absolute busted glitch and it also makes no sense on why it even works in the 1st place. This always happens with NRS it seems. They fill up one hole (pause) to stop the leak in the pipe (pause), only for 2 more holes to open up (pause)

Not necessarily. If this specific glitch wasn’t banned before that tournament, then there’s no reason anyone should get DQ’d for it. Yeah it’s shitty but that’s just how it goes. It’s an absolute busted glitch and it also makes no sense on why it even works in the 1st place. This always happens with NRS it seems. They fill up one hole (pause) to stop the leak in the pipe (pause), only for 2 more holes to open up (pause)
Yeah pretty strange,and i heard you have to do something really specific for it to work,so that player knew whats up and took a free 40% haha.

LEGEND

YES!
Yeah pretty strange,and i heard you have to do something really specific for it to work,so that player knew whats up and took a free 40% haha.
It happens often even if you aren't pressing anything in particular. I think if you just mash storm cell or F3 every round start you'll be able to take advantage of it pretty consistently.

I've heard it isn't specific to Raiden though i've only ever seen Raiden do this. Happens offline too and my opponents don't know why or what they did.

Subby Z

Noob
This is VERY true...but...I think many people didn't realize the reality of the situation until it was too late. I think many people were thinking they were taking it seriously (this is me 100%). With an upped budget, upped presentation, I think many people were like “OK, we’re finally going to see what they can really do...”

...And then it was just objectively worse than what came before (MKX). And then they did it again even worse (MK11). And then they tripled down (MK1).

Don't get me wrong. There were some cool things that happened along the way. It wasn't objectively ALL bad. But overall, the narrative they told, wasn't good, and so now they have transformed the MK story into a VERY subpar narrative with no real hope or even real desire to be anything more.
I agree wholeheartedly. The MK story is complete garbage now unfortnately.