What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What Does TYM think of Johnny as of 8-31-2015?

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
@ESG Jagged This week be4 the patch i was working on safe pressure & meterbuild after a nut & was doing F2SKRC 114SKRC F24 and was getting it out 8/10 times now its more like 4/10 and i cant get the 114 jail at all :(

All that time in the lab for nothing :(

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
That stealth buff to F24 is pretty damn nice. I could also pull it off online as long as the connection was good.

F24, 12, 12, B2~mimic call is a fairly safe way to get mimics out, and it gets you 21%.

Didn't have time to check but I'm excited to see what kind of changes his bnbs could go through.
iv been doing F24 12 12 F24 Mimic Call for 22% and it keeps them right in front of you but its tight as shit online. :p

DeftMonk

Noob
@ESG Jagged This week be4 the patch i was working on safe pressure & meterbuild after a nut & was doing F2SKRC 114SKRC F24 and was getting it out 8/10 times now its more like 4/10 and i cant get the 114 jail at all :(

When I first read this I thought you meant you were labbing after a wild night with your gf or something then I realized you meant b,d3 :p
I noticed that I need to slow down my muscle memory now and also that for some reason seems like im using more run meter on strings. I dunno how f2 is supposed to get more frames on a hit now but it won't combo for me anymore with skrc. Waiting on the fix before I try to get the timing down again. ; /

rafaw

#YouSuck
What does everyone think of Johnny Stunt Double getting his Mimic recovery reduced, its like 7+seconds long?

i know that could possibliy make his a huge frame trap monster, but i know there is a middle ground... what does TYM think the recovery should be?

in a weird way i thank NRS for making this patch, it forced me to try SD JC instead of always using A-List.
i honestly think
Johnny is one of the funnest characters on this game....

on another note:
what the hell did they do to Fistycups Speedbag... basically turned it into a corner only move and even then i think it pushes yourself back right?
@Hawfy
@smokey
@KHAOTIC iDante1
@KHAOTIC True Grave
@rafaw
@Asodimazze
@FireBreather
@DeftMonk
@I Am The LK
@GGA Dizzy
@SonicFox5000 (tell us what you think on recent changes of JC)
@HoneyBee (i know you play JC a little, well i know you can play most characters well)
@Name v.5.0
I honestly think cooldown should stay the same, his strong as hell with mimic up!

The problem with stunt double is really simple to solve, fix the 113xxmrs whiff and hes fine.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

i so get what you are saying, it was difficult for me.... and online forget it... im just not like all the TYM users... i am incapable of playing online... when online im so bad with lag, that i look like a 6yo bad desicion making fool that stands there and eats combos for days.
offline, i had 114SKRC at +17 before patch, according to my Capture card program AVIDMUX, frame by frame.. had AI set to reversal, and checked from point AI was capable of reversaling,

now i cant even stop the reversal... its like 1/30 @-+4 on block
when i used to be able to 20/25 for: 18+ 15/20 for:+17 19/20 for: +15

and the +8 on block 121RC into 11 or 113
i did 100% of the time, now its like 50% of the time.
im still having problems with Raiden and D'vorah(cept Brood has a very simple one off ground bug (like zero difficulty)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
That stealth buff to F24 is pretty damn nice. I could also pull it off online as long as the connection was good.

F24, 12, 12, B2~mimic call is a fairly safe way to get mimics out, and it gets you 21%.

Didn't have time to check but I'm excited to see what kind of changes his bnbs could go through.
No sure if his bnbs are changing a lot... the f24 12, 12, 12, f3 nutpunch 29% can be done more consistently now at least.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
has the F24,D1,F3db1,RUN,F3db1,RUN,F3BD3+BLK,114BF4 (46%) changed? im having problems landing the NutPunch midscreen?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah. If you change the last 12 with a 11 it's easier but 28%. This was valid prepatch, but the new f24 allows to do it more consistenly. Online...meh xD
So is F24,12,12,12, F3~Nut Cracker, F3~nut punch a 38% combo? That means Johnny gets 42% guaranteed. If that's the case, that's pretty awesome.

ismael4790

So is F24,12,12,12, F3~Nut Cracker, F3~nut punch a 38% combo? That means Johnny gets 42% guaranteed. If that's the case, that's pretty awesome.
36% one bar indeed. And after that the chip, yeah. Online is risky, but offline it works.

This shows again how bad Fistbump is: Even if you activate it right before you start this combo, when you end it you only have a couple of seconds of buff remaining. This move needs help now. Lasting longer, chipping harder, or being cancelable. Something.

ismael4790

I found another use of the better hitbox of standing 4.
If you do 4 into Fistbump at max range of 4, the activation seems safe. Tested with Kano black dragon ball , Mileena ex roll and Kung Lao ex spin.

DeftMonk

Noob
I found another use of the better hitbox of standing 4.
If you do 4 into Fistbump at max range of 4, the activation seems safe. Tested with Kano black dragon ball , Mileena ex roll and Kung Lao ex spin.
sounds kinda dangerous bro. if your just doin that in the footsie game wouldnt it make more sense to do f3,4 instead? if it gets blocked just dont fist bump and if it doesn't then your pretty safe for a bump

ismael4790

sounds kinda dangerous bro. if your just doin that in the footsie game wouldnt it make more sense to do f3,4 instead? if it gets blocked just dont fist bump and if it doesn't then your pretty safe for a bump
Yeah, it is dangerous. But i was excited to give 4 a use in fisticuffs xD

However f34 leads to fistbump only on hit. The 4 gives it on hit and on block at the proper distance.Also, it looks punishable So the opponent can be tempted to do it, and you block his string, maybe getting a punish. Just an option.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Yeah, it is dangerous. But i was excited to give 4 a use in fisticuffs xD

However f34 leads to fistbump only on hit. The 4 gives it on hit and on block at the proper distance.Also, it looks punishable So the opponent can be tempted to do it, and you block his string, maybe getting a punish. Just an option.
it gives it on block??? interesting

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Before the patch SD JC EXFB were -2 on block now its +6. Frame data fix or silent buff?