What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What Does TYM think of Johnny as of 8-31-2015?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Is he fixed, does he wiff on some moves?

Does it fix combos or create other challenges?

is his pressure with F24 better? does it connect easier?

Tell us what you think TYM!

UPDATE:

9/1 Post patch hotfix
by
NRS-Lanny yesterday - last edited yesterday

Dash Cancels from charge moves will come out if the block button is being held still or pressed too early

Cassie – slightly increased damage scaling on Getaway Flip & Power Flip **this change is not active yet

Kano (CutThroat) – Slightly decreased the dam buff on Charge Up and it no longer nullifies the health drain

Kitana – Increased damage scaling on Fan Toss and Air Fan Toss

Kitana (Royal Storm) – slightly increased damage scaling on Fan-Nado

Quan Chi – Down+Fp is now -9 on block and 3 on hit (from -7 and 6)

Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Final Hex now increases block damage by 1.5x (down from 3x) **this is a temporary change until the rune stacking bug is patched

Tanya (Pyromancer) - Dark Shroud & Devil's Dust now added 2 damage (down from 10) **this is a temporary change until the throw gain the dust damage is patched

Jason - Away+FK & Tight Squeeze can no longer be low-profiled

Scorpion - Towards+BP can no longer be low-profiled **this change is not active yet

Tremor (Crystaline) - Rock Blast is now +5 on block (down from +10)

Tremor – Movelist data is corrected **this change is not active yet

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I think he's around number 12 or 13 on the tier list. A List and Stunt Double are both really good, and Fisticuffs isn't bad, but isn't good. Very solid character. Anyone who thinks he needs buffs isn't playing the character the right way

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
I'm a little annoyed some characters got buffs and jc got very little aside from fixes. We'll see how it works out anyway

MadeOfMetal

I'm a little annoyed some characters got buffs and jc got very little aside from fixes. We'll see how it works out anyway
do you feel his changes on combo wiffs and crouch wiffs have been addressed? my patch has notcompleted yet....

MadeOfMetal

ok gotpatch, his 114 seems to be fixed, cancel timings are different,

but his EX Projectile still shows up as MID but acts like a high... wiffs crouched opponents close to full screen still.

ill be in the lab

MadeOfMetal

Yeah A list cancels on block seemed a lot different. Seems not as plus anymore
yeah i have been trying for the life of me to try to cancel on 1-3 first frame after SK and even tried FK...

and 12(1) doesn't seem to be the same when RC out of it... it seems to be a different timing... i had that shit downto a T... and now im fucking it up hardcore. get it every now and then.. but now i can't always link 12(1)RC F24?

anyone know whats going on?

114 does work perfectly, but his Projectile is still shit.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
hes gonna stay the same, all the other characters got great buffs.

f34 is nice though... really nice.

and for some reason 21 is insanely fast.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
ok gotpatch, his 114 seems to be fixed, cancel timings are different,

but his EX Projectile still shows up as MID but acts like a high... wiffs crouched opponents close to full screen still.

ill be in the lab
I added u on xbl I Am The LK. I need your help with Cage

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I might be wrong, but looks like we can't cancel shadow kick in the early frames anymore. Doing combo like 113skrc, 12 seems to be nearly impossible. F2skrc11 is impossible. Any kind of SKRC pressure doesn't exist.

If you guys can prove me wrong please post something...I need some hope lol

NRS fucked up BIG TIME with Cage

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I think they made it so that you have to wait a bit to do your run cancel so you can't do it on the very first frame.

Liu Kang now has to wait 4 frames before he can RC the fireball.

DeftMonk

Noob
man...if SK rc isn't viable... I need to thank NRS as I will get more time to work on my career until SFV hits. I really enjoyed a list but if they did that...im done. Not gonna swap to a new character and wait for them to rape him as well. Patch isnt out on PC yet but u guys are makin me sad :(

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
A-List only had cancels lol. Absolutely nothing else.
I confirm that it is 100% unplayable now, all the time spent on the execution is wasted. GG

Edit: they fixed the whiffing problems regarding the mids, but all our highs still don't hit a small crouching character. S1, S2, S3 and S4 whiff on crouching Cassie