What's new

what does it take to be the best?

FYI I i stop playing the game competibly after anaheim
ok first things first i do not want to be miss understood i have a lot of repect for showtime my post was not derected to him or any other sonya player out there
this thread is a question to the community which is why i named the thread ''what does it take to be the best''

the reason why i made this thread is because it look like for every character out there people says who is the best player for the character basing it on how good the players have done with the characters in tourneys but it look like this law some how does not aply to sonya

Cat i was going to reply to your post but i will not because no matter what words i use it sounds like i am attacking showtime and that is not what i want

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
idk I think all Sonya's play very differently, and even though some have placed slightly better than others, none have truly stood above the rest like REO Pig and 16 Bit have with their characters.

Probably a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of the competitive Sonya's don't travel that much.

plus I mean nobody really cares who the best sonya is

there are a few Sonya players who are very accomplished.

RIU48 has accomplished the most with her to date. Just watching his matches dont tell you how good he really is. You have to play him to realize all that he does.

Showtime just went to Sonya a few months ago and is already a monster with her. MLG Raleigh is when he went from being good to GREAT. Now there is no doubt that he is an elite. Currently RIU48 is the best Sonya, you cannot overlook his overall accomplishments with her, but Showtime is BARELY behind as #2.

Death retired, but before then he was a consistent top placer in major tournaments. He came back, and is in great form.

Clint da Beast is a great fg player who could probably play any character and have success, no surprise that he does so here.

Blake is a great Sonya, but doesnt travel much hence lacks CRUCIAL exp which is what hurts him in certain MU's.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
there are a few Sonya players who are very accomplished.

RIU48 has accomplished the most with her to date. Just watching his matches dont tell you how good he really is. You have to play him to realize all that he does.

Showtime just went to Sonya a few months ago and is already a monster with her. MLG Raleigh is when he went from being good to GREAT. Now there is no doubt that he is an elite. Currently RIU48 is the best Sonya, you cannot overlook his overall accomplishments with her, but Showtime is BARELY behind as #2.

Death retired, but before then he was a consistent top placer in major tournaments. He came back, and is in great form.

Clint da Beast is a great fg player who could probably play any character and have success, no surprise that he does so here.

Blake is a great Sonya, but doesnt travel much hence lacks CRUCIAL exp which is what hurts him in certain MU's.
yeah thats true.. showtime has not been using sonya for that long... her debut was at MLG Raleigh where he placed 5th.. riu has dont more in tournament because hes used her more in tournament obviously... anywyas.. no point to this thread.. everyone is at a high level.. cant sleep on any sonya period

SLy

Noob
I also believe Showtime is the Best Sonya right now... But I dont think that people talking like your sonya isnt the best is the problem.. I Think you just want people to pay homage. Which is highly acceptable. You are the Most Respected sonya in my opinion

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
... that no one ever was

to hit d4 is my real test

to kartwheel is my cause

i have travelled across the screen

dodging projectiles
Each bar of meter, to understand

The ARMOR THATS INSIDE!

DB2! GOTTA LAUNCH EM' ALL!

Reset you now follow through

D.....B.....2!!! :D

MoFuzz

Noob
Lol Sonya has ms ( multiple sclronya )
I think MoFuzz is the best Sonya.
Too bad flying anywhere out of Vancouver (both within Canada and Amurricah) puts my wallet at serious disadvantage on block.

I'd love to travel to tournaments all over, but when flying to Calgary (neighbouring province) costs more than a flight from Seattle to New York.... Maaaann.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
im not really conserned who the best Sonya is, I use her by she's hella fun and bodies a lot of the cast. Camcelling into ms is one of my favorite things in the game. To be honest when riu48 bodied my reptile at on the edge that's what made me pick up Sonya. Thanks for all the props guys I'm going to keep training hard with her and at winter brawl shell be ready for the top 3 placing she deserves.

I also think she is a very under developed character and all Sonya players including myself have a lot to figure out with her still.

Justice

Noob
im not really conserned who the best Sonya is, I use her by she's hella fun and bodies a lot of the cast. Camcelling into ms is one of my favorite things in the game. To be honest when riu48 bodied my reptile at on the edge that's what made me pick up Sonya. Thanks for all the props guys I'm going to keep training hard with her and at winter brawl shell be ready for the top 3 placing she deserves.

I also think she is a very under developed character and all Sonya players including myself have a lot to figure out with her still.
That's my biggest frustration with Sonya vs. the Community. People found that D4 links and Ex Kartwheel has armor and stopped exploring her.

While you're all arguing over who is the best Sonya player, I'm gonna go ahead and declare myself the third best Sonya in the universe, because nobody has claimed it.

I'M SONYA BRONZE!!!!!11

SaJa

FH_FenriR
what does it take to be the best?
At least a top tier character (A+ is enough out of majors). The fact is that the best stryker, Jade, or Baraka are kind of unknown because they will never be in a top 8 major.